What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 NYC Grand Final

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2011nycgf-cowboys.jpg

2011nycgf-warriors.jpg

beave

Coach
I think we can win, but by f**k the boys are going to be up against it. Glad at least one of my cowboys teams are playing on Sunday!!!!!!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Jason Taumalolo v Sam Lousi will be an awesome battle to watch.

Battle of the fullbacks will also be great with Slaimankhel v Ulugia both going for the Junior Kiwis Fullback spot.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Cowboys led 14 or 16-0 when they played in round 26 a few weeks ago before going 28-20. They can match it with the Warriors.

The problem teams have against the Warriors is their bench. The Warriors bench would all walk into most other NYC starting sides, there's never a drop off and if anything they often lift when the bench comes on.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I am a Warriors fan and i think the Cowboys can do it.....its all on the day. Hopefully the boys carry on from yesterdays smashing

Noa

First Grade
Cowboys led 14 or 16-0 when they played in round 26 a few weeks ago before going 28-20. They can match it with the Warriors.

The problem teams have against the Warriors is their bench. The Warriors bench would all walk into most other NYC starting sides, there's never a drop off and if anything they often lift when the bench comes on.

Cowboys didnt have Pangai or some nuffy called Taumalolo that game either. Also the Dogs battled their hearts out in 30 degree heat in Brisbane last week, that scoreline flattered the Warriors and may give them a false sence of things.

Didgi

The Warriors were somewhat understrength last night too, I know we have the ability to do it but the Warriors are a fantastic team. I'm just happy to have a team to support on GF day :D

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Cowboys didnt have Pangai or some nuffy called Taumalolo that game either. Also the Dogs battled their hearts out in 30 degree heat in Brisbane last week, that scoreline flattered the Warriors and may give them a false sence of things.

Warriors were missing Palavi and Henry as well as Tuimavave and Slaimankhel both going off inside the first 20 minutes.

Any 64-0 scoreline is going to flatter a team because it shows that the other team didn't turn up.

Reminds me of last year when Souths won the minor premiership and also won through to the GF on the back of a 60 odd point win while the Warriors had a hell of a struggle up against a tough Dogs team. Hopefully the Warriors don't fall into the same hole Souths did on GF day.

Noa

First Grade
If Im the Cowboys coach this game i want that ball to stay inside the playing area as much as possible. Kick early in your own half and kick often.

footynut1

Juniors
Cowboys v Warriors.

I'm not confident at all :(

you should be confident, there are a couple of reasons why we will beat them..
1. we play a much faster game
2. we have already beaten them round 15
3. the game we lost to them was a dead rubber in last round and they only beat us by 8 in Auckland pouring cold 2nd half
4. we have had a couple of good finals games where our opp sides actually came to play.

we will win this and win it well.

ballbag

Juniors
Support defenders to stay in passing lanes to minimize second phase warriors play a pretty sime game otherwise

Rich102

Staff member
Looking forward to a good game today.
I think the Warriors will be too strong across the park and John Ackland will have them focused.

Iafeta

Referee
I think the Cowboys have an excellent chance. I don't like to be on teams that come in off the back of an easy hiding. The Bulldogs defence was dreadful.

Ianc

Juniors
Would have been nice to get some calls go our way but well done warriors. What a cracker of a game.

I really feel for Kyle Feldt, he must be feeling like crap.

Ianc

Juniors
People bag the NYC for it's lack of defence etc. But these young fellas have some real skill.

MatthewA

Juniors
^ Exactly. Defence can be taught but natural skill and attacking ability can't. Just look at Ben Barba and Shaun Johnson. Small blokes with some of the most exciting attack you'll ever see, but couldn't defend in the NYC for shit. Now both can defend 10x what they could when they were playing NYC.

Latest posts