What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 3: Titans -V- Ninjas

Willow

Assistant Moderator
whistle_2.gif
Full time scores

Titans vs Ninjas

Ref's preferred marking method: Beer Coaster Matrix
Rugby League related: 40%
Originality: 30%
Grammar, punctuation, spelling: 20%
Do I like it? 10%

eg
Marking: 40 + 30 + 20 + 10
TOTAL: 100

TITANS

Titanic
Rising to the Occasion
Ref Comments: "I don't get it..." Just kidding.
A funny piece from the closet. Full of good ol' sexual innuendo. It is indeed a socially awkward world for newbies. Could have done with a sharper start but the article delivered in the end.
Words: 750 (no penalty)
Marking: 33 + 29 + 20 + 8
TOTAL: 90

Amadean
T is for Todd, C is for Carney: Big Words for Little Leaguies
Ref Comments: Another clever A-Z, well A-L, article. Looked a little rushed but a funny read. A bit of an issue with the repeated spelling error of one of Australia's largest regional towns.
Words: 738 (no penalty)
Marking: 40 + 19 + 15 + 7
TOTAL: 81

Tittoolate
Sun WayneBennett Tzu and the art of Rugby League
Ref Comments: An enjoyable read. Orwell once wrote; "Sport is war minus the shooting." The writer borrowed well from the reference.
Words: 743 (no penalty)
Marking: 35 + 25 + 18 + 8
TOTAL: 86

tits&tans
A Different Interpretation
Ref Comments: Funny look at the perceptions of violence in a game rugby league.
Words: 748 (no penalty)
Marking: 35 + 29 + 20 + 8
TOTAL: 92

TITs ANonymouS
Expect the Unexpected
Ref Comments: As the author alluded to, it's all in the title. Nice snappy ending and not entirely unexpected.
Words: 750 (no penalty)
Marking: 37 + 25 + 17 + 7

TITANS TOTAL: 435

-vs-

NINJAS

gUt
Rugby league crowds are slime.
Ref Comments: Just when I thought I was about to be swamped by a sea of metaphors... Very well written and a very good F7s article. More please.
Words: 702 (no penalty)
Marking: 40 + 25 + 20 + 9
TOTAL: 94

Joshie
Showtime
Ref Comments: A well thought out piece that compares league players with movie stars. Heaps of potential here - stick at it.
Words: 741 (no penalty)
Marking: 40 + 20 + 15 + 7
TOTAL: 82

Hallatia
Oh to be a Sharks fan
Ref Comments: Another angle on the Sharks struggle. By the way, I loved the word 'untackleable'. Should be part of the English language. Keep them coming.
Words: 749 (no penalty)
Marking: 40 + 16 + 16 + 7
TOTAL: 79

CobyDelaney
It Just Takes One Moment
Ref Comments: Graphic, taking the reader into the action. I'm sure many sportspeople can relate to this. Look forward to the sequel.
Marking: 35 + 29 + 20 + 8
TOTAL: 92

Edabomb
Katy's All In
Ref Comments: Nice touch at the end. I urge everyone to read the message being delivered in the writer's final paragraph.
Marking: 37 + 22 + 20 + 7

NINJAS TOTAL: 433

RESULT: Titans defeat Ninjas 435-433
POTM: gUt (Ninjas)

Great match with all players producing enjoyable reads. Thanks to one and all. :clap:

Hallatia

Referee
I don't want to complain about my mark, but 16/30 for originality? I haven't seen anyone else tell people how great it is to support the Sharks and recommend them as a team worth supporting, have you?

That is all

Titanic

First Grade
Well done Titans and especially t&t's for a grand effort.

Commiserations Ninja's but well played and onya gUt another fine read, well deserved.

Thank you for the comprehensive analysis, ref.

joshie

Live Update Team
good work titans, your lucky. to be honest, i thought some of the decisions in the scoring were questionable, but hey ill move on.

good work gUt, a fine player you are.

joshie

Live Update Team
for the record i am not talking about my article. i think the score i got was fair :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just to reiterate, all players produced enjoyable reads.

The scores would have been the same with or without the added transparency.

I'm posting my own analysis in the F7s mgt forum if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

tits&tans

Juniors
Well-played Ninjas and nice work Titans!

gUt - bloody excellent read. :)

Thanks Willow for the beer-coaster marking.

edabomb

First Grade
Thanks for the marking Willow - some very helpful tips in there :)

Congrats to the Titans, too good across the board. Well done gUt on another brilliant performance, and Coby on an excellent debut. I don't remember seeing a 92 first time up before!

Ninjas - please refer any concerns about adjudications to myself or paulquinn49 in future. The match thread isn't the correct setting for these to be aired. Thanks.