What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 ROUND 9: Rabbitohs v Panthers

Bubbles

Juniors
Mmm... just realised it's bunch not set, but they're lovely just the same!! Photographic evidence? I don't catch taxis, so didn't happen :sarcasm:

Lambretta

First Grade
Dangit, so close to getting 5 in, if only I had posted Lambretta's article by proxy :(

I completely re-wrote the article from top to bottom tonight because I thought that the game was on the weekend

I was ready to go and being really dilligent - working towards some imaginary f**king deadline that didnt exist. I want bloody shooting

Pretty damn pleased with the article and please if I ever email an article, feel free to post it on my behalf if I've disappeared. Either that or send me a deadline reminder on a week day as my pm emails go to my work account.

I'll send you the re-worked article for the next match up - it should still work. Just pm me the deadline for the next game and I promised to take note of the actual date - rather than assuming it's a weekend.

I really am gutted for letting the side down. My sincere apologies.

Monk

Referee
No worries at all mate, you've been an asset to this side since being recruited, if anything I should be more nagging and hassling of a coach :p

Azkatro

First Grade
Bzzzzzz... pens down.

clock_0.gif
Did anyone else read this as electro-shock erectile therapy?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Results! Earlier than expected as I... OK, I'll be honest. I couldn't be stuffed working this morning and since I have my own office I just closed the door and turned the music up loud.

By the way bubbles, I expect PM's with at least 3 pic's :sarcasm:

Souths: 335

Monk - A totally different experience
An amusing retelling of the shit flinging you give your mates when you head to the footy with them. As a Saints fan, with plenty of Roosters mates, I too copped an earful and deservedly so.
Score: 83

byrne_rovelli_fan82 - To be feared
A look at the Warriors and their changing prospects. Lacked a little punch despite the compelling evidence provided. Definately did make me go look at the ladder and realise the team was not far from trading shots with the top teams.
Score: 80

Marshall Magic - Wires Crossed
Clever, hairbrained (In a good way) article that allowed the mad scientist footballer come out to shine. The fact that some of the ideas raised (Particularly the sideline sensors) not only made sense but actually got me thinking that they should be looked in to gave a good level of immersion and enjoyment.
Score: 88

Bubbles - Complete and utter Carnage
Good look at the ongoing saga of league's own licorice all-sorts. Lacked a little bit of drive but otherwise was an enjoyable read. I do tend to agree, he's an idiot and the drink makes it worse, but I also think there's merit in the argument that he has a problem (Just not specifically alcoholic). The issue is noone is willing to work out what that is and walk him through it.
Score: 84

Panthers: 424

Goleel - Hicks and Stones
A really clever article on the author's use of sledging for his players and the reasons he holds back. I must admit, I myself have unusual rules on who and why I sledge, but even I would have given Hicks a spray for his effort. He really is a nuffy.
Score: 86

Madunit - The Wizard of Aus
Well written, excellent substitution of characters in the story and honestly quite descriptive of the world I think Rebecca Wilson lives in. If I had gold stars, I'd place plenty of them on yours! Well done.
Score: 89

Leaguenut - Twenty Questions (Plus a few more)
An unusual format that started well with some sly sayings but tended to lose my interest after a while. I think the format could have worked but the pace tended to drop off after a while. The ending was quite clever, though, and I do think that we have all been guilty of doing that in F7's :)
Score: 81

Broncoman - Four reasons next year will be better than 2011
To be honest, these types of articles don't grab me often. Whilst good points are raised and I understood what was being said, I did feel like there reasons being put forward were circumstantial and subject to change rather than real reasons for looking forward. Also missed the IC as a major change in next year, which I think will make the biggest positive impact on the game.
Score: 79

Azkatro - Cutting out the "Middle" man
Quite well written article with hints of conspiracy and intrigue to keep the reader going. I liked it, and was hoping there were some more examples given to fuel my interest. I'm also looking forward to what you manage to put together for the benefit of everyone else, as a neutral resource made not for money but for love is always one I'm interested in using.
Score: 89

Panthers defeat Souths. MOM is Azkatro and Madunit jointly. Good game all.

Backpackers:
3 - Madunit and Azkatro
2 - Marshall Magic
1 - Goleel

Bubbles

Juniors
Drew-sta, I'm not giving it up for that mark lol!! Thanks for the quick marking and congrats to the Panthers and Azkatro and madunit for the joint POTM - great reads both. Bad luck Souths, but some really good articles, particularly Marshall Magic.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Drew-sta, I'm not giving it up for that mark lol!! Thanks for the quick marking and congrats to the Panthers and Azkatro and madunit for the joint POTM - great reads both. Bad luck Souths, but some really good articles, particularly Marshall Magic.

If the Panthers are happy to have it, I'll quickly remark your article appropriately..? :p

Lambretta

First Grade
Having just read the article on giving Chris Hicks a spray - I remember a time when I was at the SFS in the members and Ivan Cleary was the goal kicker for the Roosters.

We were awarded a penalty and I thought we should kick for touch as Cleary had experienced a shocking week with the boot just 6 days earlier and I thought "noooooooooooo" and my mouth shouted "kick for touch, dont give it to Cleary, he'll only f**king miss it"

A group of very good looking women were sitting in front of me and one of them turned round and said "excuse me that's his wife / girlfriend / blowjob giving best mate" - well whatever she was at the time. And yes, she was bloody good looking as well.

Well, didn't I feel like a bigger c**k than I normally do at the football.

Unfortunately for me, I'm a slow learner and I still howl abuse at the football, which is why I'm sitting here with a sore throat three days after I finished shouting. I must have learnt something though, cos these days I reserve my abuse for the referees and supporters of the opposition. Yep, I'm a f**king genius me....... :oops: