What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Strip ?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Like Rev.

I like the home jersey.
Away not too fussed by it

Actually after reviewing the 20s jersey not that bad.
Only if it had shading not orange tiki symbol.

As for the heritage jersey!!!
simply "mean maori mean"

That jersey will sell we better than the ugly national flag jersey imo.

JoeD

First Grade
Home Jersey - not bad, improvement on last season but still too much red for my Auckland blood.

Others are really bad, whats the orange on the U20's, sponsorship or "design"?

Juju

Juniors
More photos are up on the Caterbury facebook page.
The training gears are just... wow... UGLY.
They will not age well at all. And I wouldn't be surprised if having to wear them pushes Maloney from signing with us

devoid

Juniors
Keen to see the Heritage strip in a photo -- from the drawing it looks okay, nothing special. But so did the other jerseys. Those training jerseys are pretty funny.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Whether it be designers, marketers, whatever it is these days..they're always trying to come up with something outrageous, something clever that sets them apart. These jerseys are rank.

The home one, no problems with it. The away one looks absolutely identical to the one the Roosters wore in the mid 2000s. The 20s one has obviously been whored out to the team sponsor, although it's more of a burgundy than their red.

As for the training gear, the less said the better. It looks like something Farmers would sell. Awful.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Whether it be designers, marketers, whatever it is these days..they're always trying to come up with something outrageous, something clever that sets them apart. These jerseys are rank.

The home one, no problems with it. The away one looks absolutely identical to the one the Roosters wore in the mid 2000s. The 20s one has obviously been whored out to the team sponsor, although it's more of a burgundy than their red.

As for the training gear, the less said the better. It looks like something Farmers would sell. Awful.

as bad as this years training gear is?
it still better than last year ugly training gear - the grey one with dots.

I actually like all three.
I still think the 20s one could have been alot better.
Not as terrible as I thought.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
as bad as this years training gear is?
it still better than last year ugly training gear - the grey one with dots.

I actually like all three.
I still think the 20s one could have been alot better.
Not as terrible as I thought.

Absolutely! I remembering wandering through Farmers on the way to my car a while back and seeing shirts exactly the same as that. I think they were made by Planet 8 and were selling for $15.

I didn't like last year's 20s shirt, very bland. At least this one sticks out, even if the red is a bending over to sponsor decision.

Over time the resemblence of the away strip to the Roosters one will probably die out...in isolation it is a good lookign jersey, just too similar. Home, no dramas at all, and won't pass judgement on heritage until I see a better shot.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
to the warriors defense. . .

They have actually adopted red for some time.
Their website, marketing material, most supporters wear all have featured red.

Now finally it in their jerseys more prominent . . lol esp. the 20s

Izz

Bench
bloods as
Reminds me of an old joke:

One afternoon on the high seas, a pirate captain and his crew were set upon by one of Her Majesty's naval vessels.

"What should we do?" cried the first mate.

"We'll fight," replied the captain. "Now get me my red shirt."

And fight they did, and won a glorious victory, their captain leading from the front, red shirt as prominent as his flashing blade.

Two days later, three of Her Majesty's naval vessels caught up with the pirate crew. Again, the captain yelled, "Men, we fight! First mate, get me my red shirt."

And once again they defeated the navy, the pirate captain leading from the front, the tails of his red shirt billowing in the wind.

Three days later, five naval vessels, and the same result. That evening, as the crew lay about, drinking rum and swapping stories of the fighting, one of them asked, "Captain, why do you always ask for your red shirt before battle?"

"Well," he said, "the answer's simple, really. Red is the color of blood. So, if i get cut during the fighting, you won't notice me bleeding, and will continue fighting without fear."

Everybody thought that was great leadership, and they sang songs about their brave captain long into the night.

The next day, ten naval vessels bore down on them.

The pirate first mate turned to his brave captain and said, "Ten, captain. Shall I fetch your red shirt?"

"No," said the captain, "not today. Today i need my brown pants."

#

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week *bows and runs off before any of the rotten fruit finds its mark*