What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 ladder

AnfieldIron

Juniors
1. Doggies
2. Rabbitohs
3. Storm
4. Cowboys
5. Sharks
6. Knights
7. Roosters
8. Manly

9. Raiders
10. Broncos
11. Titans
12. Dragons
13. Warriors
14. Tigers
15. Eels
16. Panthers

Raiderdave

First Grade
1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Sharks
4. Souths
5. Cowboys
6. Raiders
7. Manly
8. Roosters

9. Warriors
10. Knights
11. Tigers
12. Broncos
13. Parramatta
14. Titans
15. Dragons
16. Penrith

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. Storm. I expect them to have a strong regular season yet bow out in the finals.
2. Rabbits. I expect them to improve on last year, Their coach is no hack and had a decent idea.
3. Dogs. I can see them sliding a bit, I think Barba won't be as freakish as last year.
4. Cowboys. I expect them to sit about here. They are a strong talented team but will struggle at origin.
5. Sharks. I think Carney will improve as will the rest of the team.
6. Knights. I think Bennett will fix their problem. (Whatever it was).
7. Manly. They still have enough talent to slot into the top 8. Bow out in finals.
8. Raiders. I expect them to improve big-time in 2013.
----------------
Spoon: Titans
----------------
Premiers: Dogs

DIMEAST

Juniors
1. Cowboys
2. Storm
3. Rabbitohs
4. Roosters
5. Bulldogs
6. Warriors
7. Knights
8. Sharks

9. Manly
10. Broncos
11. Tigers
12. Raiders
13. Eels
14. Titans
15. Dragons
16. Penrith

newman

First Grade
This time last year everyone had Tigers, Warriors and Newy as sure things for the top 4.

I can't even predict 50% of the winners from rd 1 so picking a ladder is nigh on impossible.

In saying that, you gotta look at where teams finished this year and if they recruited well put em at the same spot, or above, and if their losses outweigh their gains put em below where they came.

"excellent recruitment"

Roosters
Sharks
Souths
Newcastle

"astute recruitment"

Storm
Dogs
Titans

"recruitment where gains just about balance losses"

Canberra
Cowboys
Warriors

"negative or negligibe recruitment"
Brisbane
Manly
Parramatta
St George
Tigers

"Awful recruitment"

Penrith.

Now. Recruitment isn't the only indicator, manly for example recruited bugger all but they are a champion side and should be o.k.

Statements like "oh it's an odd year they won't make the finals" don't wash with me either. You judge a team on its merits. The other factor is coaching. There is a lot of changes in coaching this year and I can't put a new club coach, whether he is a first timer in the NRL or an experienced guy at a new club in a top 4 spot. It's just too hard. They need time to adjust and learn the job they are in.

So, on that.

1. Dogs- scary good squad. Good coach and they will be better for last year.
2. Souths - same as above.
3. Storm - origin will cruel their run at the minor premiership but they will be one of the best. Again.
4. Sharks - they'll be better than last year so that puts them here.
5. Roosters- classy, talented team who will be relatively unaffected by origin. Uncle Nick likes to be in the finals.
6. Manly. They know how to win.
7. Newcastle. Class recruitment, we all know what Wayne can do but it will in no way be a perfect season.
8. Cowboys. Class side and anyone with Thurston will win plenty of games but the travel seems to knock them around and even when going good lose plenty on the road.
9. Raiders. Decent team not without it's problems = mid table finish.
10. Broncos. On the slide. Will really feel the loss of Locky this year.
11. Tigers. New coach, lost a host of champs, signed Ray Canasta.. A bit of an unknown quantity really.
12. Gold Coast. Despite good recruitment I'm afraid that No halves equals no wins.
13. Parra. Sticky will fix their defence. They still have a shocking squad.
14. Warriors. Another unknown quantity. They gave up in a lot of games last year and that is a bad sign. You can't back them on the changes they have made but the potential is there.
15. St George. Off season injuries. A host of retirements. A squad full of coffin dodgers and an idiot for a coach. They will roll the Sharks in the derbies and that will be their highlight.
16. Penrith. NSW Cup standard. Good luck to the poor old Pennies. See you in 2014.

Beetlejuice

Juniors
1 Melbourne - Just because.
2 North Queensland - So much promise. If injuries are kind the should have a great year.
3 Canterbury - Way to strong to have a bad year after losing a final. Do think that teams would have figured them out better in 2013.
4 South Sydney - As much as i dislike their narrow minded fans, they should still be very strong.
5 Canberra - They have proven that even with massive injuries to key players that they can still do well. One of the toughest teams to stop when on a roll.
6 Newcastle - Still doubt that they could be the force that everyone was predicting last year. They should be in the finals.
7 Manly - Another year older with their team is a worry. Would not be surprised to see them in the 4 though.
8 Easts - The team I predicted to be massive improvers even before they made their big signings. All the more stronger now I guess.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pretty much everyone has the exact ladder as last year minus 1 or 2. History shows 4 teams drop out of the 8 every year.

DIMEAST

Juniors
If someone had predicted the correct ladder for 2012 this time last year they would've been called crazy. Warriors, Tigers and Knights all well out of the 8, Bulldogs minor prems and Rabbitohs 3rd, WTF!!

MatthewA

Juniors
1. Storm
2. Bulldogs
3. Cowboys
4. Sharks
5. Panthers
6. Manly
7. Roosters
8. Tigers
-
9. Warriors