What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Trials thread

thommo4pm

Coach
Haven't seen one started yet.

Thought I may as well get one going.

I know the All Stars is confirmed for February 9.

Normally we have some clubs start a week before that, or maybe 2 weeks.

Anyone know any confirmed trial dates for their clubs for 2013?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Doubt we will get our normal trial game in Perth due to nib capacity being reduced to 9000 during rebuild. Unlikely they will use subi for a trial.

Joely01

Bench
Parra v knights at armidale, taking a game there due to our sponsorship with UNE.

Big Sam

First Grade
Off the top of my head, we're playing PNG at Redfern Oval on the 9/2 and the Charity Shield two weeks later at ANZ on the 23/2.

There's also a trial in between all that in Coffs Harbour.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Feb 9
All Stars @ Suncorp
Rabbitohs v PNG @ Redfern

Feb 16
No games scheduled

Feb 22
Charity Shield (SOU v STGI) @ ANZ

TBC
Eels v Knights @ Armidale
Dragons v Bulldogs @ WIN
Tigers v Roosters @ Venue TBC
WCC - Rhinos/Wolves v Storm @ Venue TBC

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
Feb 9
All Stars @ Suncorp
Rabbitohs v PNG @ Redfern

Feb 16
No games scheduled

Feb 23
Charity Shield (SOU v STGI) @ ANZ

TBC
Eels v Knights @ Armidale
Dragons v Bulldogs @ WIN
Tigers v Roosters @ Venue TBC
WCC - Rhinos/Wolves v Storm @ Venue TBC

I'd say our trial with you blokes will be before the Charity Shield, it generally is.

Big Sam

First Grade
We got the same members email today Timmah.

Anyone know why it's on a Friday? For as long as I can remember it's been on the Saturday (except for the Dragons' WCC year in 2011). Is there cricket on at ANZ or something?

Big Sam

First Grade
Also from our members' email regarding the two other trials:
The Rabbitohs have also announced their pre-season schedule, with South Sydney set to take on Papua New Guinea in the Return to Redfern clash at the Australian Technology Park Performance Centre at Redfern Oval on Saturday 9 February, followed by a match against the Newcastle Knights at Coffs Harbour’s BCU International Stadium in Coffs Harbour on Saturday 16 February, with the pre-season fixtures culminating in the 30th Charity Shield to be played against the St George Illawarra Dragons at ANZ Stadium on Friday 22 February.

Starkers

Bench
i think i read somewhere in the new TV rights deal that ch9 will be covering the charity shield for the duration? or is that maybe the Anzac game? or both?

if it is it might explain the shift to a friday night.

2010Dragons

Bench
St.george grand final - feb 23

Get it right, Souths Grand Final always has been and always will be.....

Mean while back at Leichhardt...No coach, wrong players released, MASSIVE player revolt and Benji Marshall looking at leaving and coming to the Dragons. Happy days for the tigers fans. :D

Cheer up Vic you still have LOLTZEN

Latest posts