What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 FFA Cup Thread

HowHigh

Coach
Should be good for football in Australia.
I'll still have as little if not less interest in this as I do in the A-League if the Wollongong Wolves aren't in it lol.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I'll still have as little if not less interest in this as I do in the A-League if the Wollongong Wolves aren't in it lol.

Here's hoping they go on a run and get a game at Win Stadium against an A-League team. Would be awesome to have top level football back in the Gong.

Mong

Post Whore

My old club from Central Queensland are playing in it I see so will watch with some interest. Can't imagine such a club could get far but you never know with these things. Playing against a team from the next town over, new club I don't know much about, but where they are from is enough reason to dislike them!! :)

Big Sam

First Grade
(Non-Northern) NSW is up to the final part of qualifying.

These are the 4 remaining match-ups on May 21st, the winners of which will qualify for the FFA Cup proper:

Sydney Olympic v Sydney United
Hakoah Sydney City v Blacktown City
Manly United v Northern Tigers
Parramatta FC v South Coast Wolves

The losers of these games will play the other losers in a two round repechage to determine the 5th, 6th, and 7th spots.

In South Australia, they are down to the final 3 teams vying for their one spot.

In Tasmania, they are also down to the final two teams who will playoff for that state's one spot.

Victoriania (4 spots), Queensland (4 spots), Nth NSW (2 spots), and WA (2 spots) still have a couple more stages to determine their qualifier.

In the ACT, Tuggeranong United had already qualified last year.

Big Sam

First Grade
Why? The 'toilet seat' nickname has stuck. A vast majority of fans are happy with it.

Big Sam

First Grade
FFA Cup’s future secured with sponsors getting behind the new knockout competition

MAY 11, 2014 10:33PM

THE FFA Cup’s future has been secured with a series of blue-chip, mutli-million-dollar sponsorships to be unveiled.
And British sportswear giant Umbro, a brand synonomous with the FA Cup, will be among four new sponsors announced, with the competition set to kick off on July 29.
With Fox Sports already signed up as the TV rights partner, FFA is understood to have secured around $12m in sponsors.
All sponsors have agreed to three-year deals, with the $4m-a-year underwriting FFA’s extensive travel costs.
Most state leagues are deep into their Cup competitions, with the official FFA Cup kicking off in late July when the 22 state and territory-based teams join the 10 A-League clubs.
ACT is the only one of the eight state and territories whose participant has been confirmed, 2013 winner Tuggeranong United.
Meanwhile FFA has commenced a search for a technical director to replace outgoing Han Berger.
However the new role will focus on the elite player pathway up to the age of 16, including overseeing the National Premier League (NPL) competitions.
While undertaking a global search, there’s a strong push for a local appointment and former AIS guru Ron Smith will be considered, along with former Perth Glory coach Alistair Edwards and former Newcastle Jets coach Gary van Egmond.
“The review of the national teams and technical department conducted by Luke Casserly has identified youth technical development as a key area for improvement,” said FFA CEO David Gallop.
“The new structure will see a technical director with particular focus and responsibility for elite player development up to 16 years of age for males and females and coach education for those working in these age groups.
“From 17 years of age onwards, the national teams will have the primary role in close consultation with the technical department of developing elite players who will ultimately represent the Socceroos and Matildas.
“This will broaden the scope of Ange Postecoglou’s role and the same for the long-term Matildas coach.
“This structure gives us a lot of confidence that Australia will produce generations with the right technical development.’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...kout-competition/story-fndkzvnd-1226913868890

Great stuff. Self-sufficient already.