What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 International schedule

joshie

Live Update Team
Out of interest to see how the world cup will be followed up, I sought out the expected internationals for next year that I could find on limited time between classes. What other matches are there?

ANZAC Test
Australia v New Zealand

Four Nations
England, Australia, NZ and TBA

Possible Four Nations qualifier mid 2014
There are a few different theories on how the 4th nation will qualify. Either the highest placed Pacific team in the 2013 World Cup will secure their place as the fourth team in the 2014 Four Nations. Or the two highest ranked teams from the 2013 RLWC will battle it out in a one off International in mid 2014 with the winner qualifying for the four nations. Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and the Cook Islands will all fancy their chances of qualifying as the Fourth team.
http://www.nospam18.com/2014-four-nations/814-2014-rugby-league-four-nations

European Cup
Possibly Italy, France, Lebanon, Scotland and Wales winner through to 2015 4 Nations

Mid season test
Samoa v Tonga

2014 First Billy Bishop Cup
Canada v Royal Airforce
Saturday June 21st, 2014
Lamport Stadium, Toronto

2014 Colonial Cup (Hopefully this stays a fixture)
USA Tomahawks v Canada (Four match series)

2014 Fourth annual Carribbean Carnival Cup
Canada v Jamaica

Last edited:
100%sure it is the highest ranked pacific team, thats what i was told so currently as it stands png is the highest ranked so they would be in the 4 nations 2014, personally they deserve to host a game, give png vs england in port moresby, to further add to the 2014 schedule perhaps continuing the development in the Atlantic and Asia, not sure but perhaps we could have an African Cup (South Africa, Ghana?)
European Cup (maybe Italy, France, Lebanon, Scotland and Wales) winner through to 2015 4 Nations

100%green

Juniors
Samoa v Tonga has been locked in for at least a few years i am sure.

I'd like to see a rep weekend round the world.

Pacific:

Aus V NZ
Sam V Tong
Fiji V PNG
Cook Isl V NZ Mar

Euro:

Eng v Fra
Ire V Scot
Wal v Ita

Etc etc

The next year you could just move the teams round to play each other.

This would make up the numbers for TV to and you could then make sure those playing at this RLWC could play for that team each year.

Yep, a rep weekend should definitely be held. Although I'd consider splitting Aus v NZ so you could have double headers in both NZ and Australia.

Diesel

Referee
Samoa v Tonga is a match I look forward to.

Just watching the quality of this WC I hope the IRLF build off it for 2014 and beyond with a decent European and PI Cup's as well as any Asian and African Cups that I know little about.

What's happened to Lebanon and Russia as far as their national teams and/or comps go?

I think it could be worth whoever is traveling to the 4 Nations host countries of NZ, England or Australia stop off to the USA on their back to play the Tomahawks like Australia did a few years back

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Isn't it NZ turn to host the mid season test? Was in canberra last year from what i remember.

Four nations i would go:
Aus V Eng- Aami park, Mel
NZ v team 4- Mt Smart, Auck
Aus v Tonga- Gosford
NZ v Aus- Wellington
team 4 v England- Parra
NZ v Eng- Christchurch
FINAL- Brisbane

I also think that the "four" nations in future should be increased to 5 nations to allow the top ranked pacifc and european teams to compete each time. The 4th and 5th teams will get a lot more out of it that way and regular games against the big guns is the only way to improve. Alternatively i would like to see a combined Pacific Islands team play in the four nations. They could give all of the powers a shake in a combined team imo

Its short notice but next year why couldn't we have Wales/France and PNG/Tonga/Samoa/Fiji involved.

Last edited:

Western_Eel

Juniors
I honestly think we could increase the 4 nations to 5 or 6 next year and i think it should be the top 6 from the world cup

mtngry

Juniors
NSWRL international 9s - Cabramatta RL Club - Feb 1st.

Japan V Thailand - Jan 30 - Sydney