What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys

Lambretta

First Grade
Not all of us buy a jersey every season (I got the 2013 home jersey for Xmas) but I have to say our current range of jerseys look great

So which is your favourite - or maybe, which jersey would you buy if you were going to buy one this season?

15877-sydney-roosters-2014-mens-replica-home-jersey-175.jpg
Home - a classic

15950-sydney-roosters-2014-mens-replica-away-jersey-175.jpg
Away - new design

17538-sydney-roosters-2014-mens-replica-alternate-jersey-175.jpg
Heritage - the return of the original

18032-sydney-roosters-mens-auckland-9s-jersey-pre-sale-175.jpg
Nines - a great alternative

Tommy Smith

Referee
They're all awesome. The best set of jerseys I can remember.

I love the Away and Heritage. Tough choice between those two.

I'd rather the red hooped jersey instead of the white one tbh they're a good range and have been for a number of years although it isn't hard to get ours right.

I might give the jerseys a miss this year, I've got last years home and the 2009 heritage can not be beaten. I might wait for the back-to-back premiers jersey ;-)

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Already got the away strip. Sexy freaking jersey, Love it! We always hit a home run with any heritage jersey as well. The 2008 heritage is still one of my favourites.

Will Definitly be getting this years heritage before season kicks off as well. Have got the home jersey since 09 so might give it a miss this year.

That's easily the best away jersey we've had in a long time. A good set all round. The sponsor's box lets the heritage one down a little IMO but don't know how you can integrate the Steggles logo into horizontal bars.

I'm still wearing the 2010 '75 GF' anniversary jersey to games and will continue to do so until I feel the need to retire it. By then, I hope the home jersey gets a proper collar again. Not a game-changer when it comes to buying kit but I do prefer the traditional collar.

Lambretta

First Grade
For years I've been saying they should make the hooped design mainly blue as that was always my favourite Roosters jersey

But I still think the design should have been 5 sets of red and white hoops, not 7. Picky, I know, but it would have looked better

51692.jpg

See what I mean

As it is, I love, just love the new away jersey. It looks bloody brilliant.
Then again I loved the one we wore last year, which is why I have one

But that would be my first choice for sure

But there's something about that Nines jersey that I think just looks awesome. Maybe it's because its still instinctively a Roosters jersey but a modern take on an old idea that I love. The hoops, but not done in a traditional way, but not overly busy and ugly either.

So for me, I'd just be torn between that great new away strip and the Nines design. I'd buy both, but the missus might shoot me. :lol:

For years I've been saying they should make the hooped design mainly blue as that was always my favourite Roosters jersey

But I still think the design should have been 5 sets of red and white hoops, not 7. Picky, I know, but it would have looked better

51692.jpg

See what I mean

As it is, I love, just love the new away jersey. It looks bloody brilliant.
Then again I loved the one we wore last year, which is why I have one

But that would be my first choice for sure

But there's something about that Nines jersey that I think just looks awesome. Maybe it's because its still instinctively a Roosters jersey but a modern take on an old idea that I love. The hoops, but not done in a traditional way, but not overly busy and ugly either.

So for me, I'd just be torn between that great new away strip and the Nines design. I'd buy both, but the missus might shoot me. :lol:

Yeah, you can better integrate the Steggles logo better in the above design as well. With the wider bands, the box wouldn't be as intrusive. Maybe get rid of the one red hoop in the centre area below the chest and reverse the logo out of a wider blue band. No box.

Done!
Someone inform the club.

H.H

Juniors
Home - an absolute classic as it states.

Quite simply the greatest footy jersey ever designed.

I wear a 1976 retro jersey that I bought in 2009. Can't afford new jerseys every year so will still stick with that.

bellyache

Bench
Not all of us buy a jersey every season (I got the 2013 home jersey for Xmas) but I have to say our current range of jerseys look great

So which is your favourite - or maybe, which jersey would you buy if you were going to buy one this season?

15877-sydney-roosters-2014-mens-replica-home-jersey-175.jpg
Home - a classic

15950-sydney-roosters-2014-mens-replica-away-jersey-175.jpg
Away - new design

17538-sydney-roosters-2014-mens-replica-alternate-jersey-175.jpg
Heritage - the return of the original

18032-sydney-roosters-mens-auckland-9s-jersey-pre-sale-175.jpg
Nines - a great alternative
Like em all mate.. for some reason the RWB works no matter what the design..:D