What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NBA offseason.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah, but Bosh and Wade are his best mates, and he's not going to ditch them for more $ or a better chance at winning a ring. That's what I love about Lebron, he's loyal to his friends, his team and the organisation that has given him 2 rings and 4 championship finals.

If Miami nab themselves a quality PG like a Rondo or Lowry, they will pretty much have a perfect set, although they still need a rim protector, but Bosh covers that position pretty well.

.. plus you got the Pat Riley factor.

It will be fascinating to see what happens over the coming weeks....

Lebron isnt sticking around because Wade and Bosh are his best friends. Hes sticking around because he has complete control of the organisation. He wants Napier, they get him, he wants Wade and Bosh to opt out and take less, sure as hell its going to happen. If it didnt Lebron was leaving, he knows their window was closing if the ship stayed the course.

Woj is reporting Lebron wants max money, which he deserves. If this is true, it will limit the Heats chance of getting Lowry and Bosh most certainly isnt a rim protector, the guy was getting backed down and abused by Boris freaking Diaw. He seemed almost allergic to the paint.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah, but Bosh and Wade are his best mates, and he's not going to ditch them for more $ or a better chance at winning a ring. That's what I love about Lebron, he's loyal to his friends, his team and the organisation that has given him 2 rings and 4 championship finals.

Are you serious?? :lol:

If he was loyal... He would have stuck with Cleveland 4 years ago.

He went to Miami for one reason and one reason only... RINGS!!

Believe me... If D-Rose was completely healthy or Cleveland had one more big piece... He would be dropping Miami very quickly.

:lol: @ the Pat Riley factor...

NY would be top of his list if he cared about GMs.

Aragorn

First Grade
Are you serious?? :lol:

If he was loyal... He would have stuck with Cleveland 4 years ago.

He went to Miami for one reason and one reason only... RINGS!!

Believe me... If D-Rose was completely healthy or Cleveland had one more big piece... He would be dropping Miami very quickly.

:lol: @ the Pat Riley factor...

NY would be top of his list if he cared about GMs.

If it was for the $ he could get more elsewhere, if it was purely for a ring, he could leave for Houston and team up with Dwight and Harden or, if he wanted, request for a Dwight, Melo and himself as the big 3. He could ask for LA to make it work so that Kobe, himself and Love are the big 3... my point being, there are far stronger combinations than a Wade, Bosh, Lebron 3..... but he'll stay in Miami for a few more years to come because that's what loyalty is all about. And South Beach looks like a pretty great place to live.... cant see him packing up his family, selling the house and moving.....

As for Cleveland, they had Lebron for 7 years and couldn't once get him to a championship final... Lebron didn't owe Cleveland anyway.

Miami, 4 yrs, 4 finals and 2 rings... that's a pretty impressive record in my books. Riley is a smart GM, and he'll find a way to make it work so Lebron comes out better for it financially, personally and competitively.

shiznit

Coach
If it was for the $ he could get more elsewhere, if it was purely for a ring, he could leave for Houston and team up with Dwight and Harden or, if he wanted, request for a Dwight, Melo and himself as the big 3. He could ask for LA to make it work so that Kobe, himself and Love are the big 3... my point being, there are far stronger combinations than a Wade, Bosh, Lebron 3..... but he'll stay in Miami for a few more years to come because that's what loyalty is all about. And South Beach looks like a pretty great place to live.... cant see him packing up his family, selling the house and moving.....
LA & Houston are not viable option's for Lebron.... There is no f**king way he goes to that dogfight that is the West.

Even with Dwight and Harden... He's nowhere near a lock to get past the clips, OKC and the Spurs.

The interesting thing for Lebron now is even if he goes back to Miami... If as rumoured Chicago manage to line up Melo, D-Rose, Noah & Love... They will by far be the best team in the East.

And by a long way...

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
As for Cleveland, they had Lebron for 7 years and couldn't once get him to a championship final... Lebron didn't owe Cleveland anyway.

Miami, 4 yrs, 4 finals and 2 rings... that's a pretty impressive record in my books. Riley is a smart GM, and he'll find a way to make it work so Lebron comes out better for it financially, personally and competitively.

You know what the ironic thing is... Lebron left Cleveland because they couldn't surround him with the talent to win him rings...

Now he's in the same situation in Miami... He's single handily carrying Miami now and Wade and Bosh have regressed to the point even he can't carry them.

I mean you look at Cleveland... His home area... an all star caliber pg... a pretty impressive kid in wiggins... cap space...

And of course friends shouldn't be an issue... Seeing as he will have his best mate Johnny Football...

I'm not saying he's going there... But it would make a lot of sense for him to abandon that sinking ship in south beach.

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
You know what the ironic thing is... Lebron left Cleveland because they couldn't surround him with the talent to win him rings...

Now he's in the same situation in Miami... He's single handily carrying Miami now and Wade and Bosh have regressed to the point even he can't carry them.

I mean you look at Cleveland... His home area... an all star caliber pg... a pretty impressive kid in wiggins... cap space...

And of course friends shouldn't be an issue... Seeing as he will have his best mate Johnny Football...

I'm not saying he's going there... But it would make a lot of sense for him to abandon that sinking ship in south beach.

You're over-exaggerating, the ship aint sinking, they got to the finals which is a lot further than the 28 other teams in the comp. I agree Wade is digressing, but if they can get one other strong piece at PG, I say they'll still take out the East.

As for Cleveland, they're not ready for Lebron, and I'm sure he doesn't want to go there and have to teach Wiggins how to be a superstar. He'll want to go home when Wiggins, Irving and the organisation as a whole , are playing at an elite level. I say they're a good 4-5 yrs from that happening.

btw, did you see Wiggins intro at the Cleveland press conference, the announcer introduced him as Mitchell Wiggins FFS??!, then they couldn't find his Jersey..... f**king hopeless amateurs....

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
You're over-exaggerating, the ship aint sinking, they got to the finals which is a lot further than the 28 other teams in the comp. I agree Wade is digressing, but if they can get one other strong piece at PG, I say they'll still take out the East.

As for Cleveland, they're not ready for Lebron, and I'm sure he doesn't want to go there and have to teach Wiggins how to be a superstar. He'll want to go home when Wiggins, Irving and the organisation as a whole , are playing at an elite level. I say they're a good 4-5 yrs from that happening.

btw, did you see Wiggins intro at the Cleveland press conference, the announcer introduced him as Mitchell Wiggins FFS??!, then they couldn't find his Jersey..... f**king hopeless amateurs....

Miami made the NBA finals... But make no mistake...

They weren't the 2nd best team in the NBA last season... They were definitely behind OKC & probably the clips and rockets.

Ahhh and you miss the point with young Wiggins... He's on a Rookie salary of 5M for the next 3-4years...

So that creates cap space for Cleveland to bring in more pieces.

Your right in that Miami could still make it back... But that's due to the East being shite...

If the Bulls manage to get Mello... They are the favourites in the East... Regardless of if Miami get Lowry.

shiznit

Coach

Aragorn

First Grade
its going to be a crazy month coming up with free agency. Miami have literally zero players on their roster, Lakers are in a similar boat, then you have the Knicks with tonnes of cap space, there's houston and mavs, and even Phoenix with money to spend. Its shaping up to be one intriguing jig saw puzzle.

summer league is coming up in a few week time.... cant wait to watch on league pass.

this is my first season following the nba and freaking lovin' it.

shiznit

Coach
Look what was showing on the united centre billboards in Chicago...

BreXUv7CUAMbx39.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Word on the street is the Players Association is pressuring Lebron into taking the max because him sacrificing money makes their argument weaker in the next set of negotiations.

If Lebron does insist on the max I can't see how Miami can be the best option for him. Giving him the max and signing Bosh/Wade for as little as 11/12 mil (that's the rumour, but even on that their agent has said that's BS) they can't build a team that's as good as a Phoenix or a Cleveland.

I actually think from a purely basketball POV his best option is Phoenix.

Everyone says Miami will get him but I struggle to understand how that happens if his priorities are what we think they are.

Aragorn

First Grade
I reckon it would be absolutely diabolical if Lebron went to Cleveland. To land Lebron after getting three of the last four #1 picks? f**k no, they dont deserve such riches.

As for Phoenix, they're a Western Conference team, and Lebron needs to stay east to keep the balance. I'd actually prefer to see more talent moving east to even up the pool. Too loop sided at the moment.

shiznit

Coach
I reckon it would be absolutely diabolical if Lebron went to Cleveland. To land Lebron after getting three of the last four #1 picks? f**k no, they dont deserve such riches.

As for Phoenix, they're a Western Conference team, and Lebron needs to stay east to keep the balance. I'd actually prefer to see more talent moving east to even up the pool. Too loop sided at the moment.
For Lebrons sake I hope he goes to Cleveland...

For all he did with Miami... He's openly mocked by many... Including HOFers like Jordan about the fact he had to leave and form a super team in order to get his rings.

If he were to go back to Cleveland and win 1 ring... For his home team, a small market team. That would be worth 5 rings with Miami.

Personally, I'd love to see him at the Bulls... Him, D-Rose & Noah... They would be by far the best team he could surround himself with...

But not if he wants a max salary...

Ridders

Coach
Happy to see Patty Mills get his contract despite his injury. 3 years $12 mill is a great price for him.

Ridders

Coach
Signings so far;

Gortat resigns with Wizards for 5 years/$60 mill
Lowry resigns with Raptors for 4 years/$48 mill
Livingston to Warriors for 3 years/$16 mill
Patty Mills resigns with Spurs for 3 years/$12 mill
Bradley resigns with Celtics for 4 years/$32 mill
Ben Gordon to Magic for 2 years/$9 mill
Jodie Meeks to Pistons for 3 years/$19 mill

ceagle

Bench
OKC one of the favorites now to sign Gasol. That surely puts them over to win the championship?

shiznit

Coach
OKC one of the favorites now to sign Gasol. That surely puts them over to win the championship?
Great move if they can pull it off...

I think it's a positive for young kiwi steven adams... I thought he was on the cusp of taking over as starting centre last season from Perk but i thought he needed to develop a bit more before he became a true starter.

Now he can sit and learn from Gasol...