What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Sheffield Shield Final: NSW V WA, Manuka Oval

caylo

Bench
Cummins could be a risk, but also could be a match winner

big gamble

absolutly it would be a massive gamble, obviously Copeland would be the safe choice but I think without Bollinger we will need a Sandhu or Cummins to bring some extra fire power as Hazlewood is not an intimidating bowler like the rug.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the issue of bowling as a team, you got Haze who is a McGrath type line and length bowler, Copeland who couldn't intimidate an U/14 opening batsman, then who ?

Haven't seen alot of Abbott.

Looking at Abbott's figures for this year, it may be an option to keep him and put Cummins in for Copeland.

The squads been announced
Steve Smith (Captain)

Sean Abbott

Ryan Carters

Trent Copeland

Josh Hazlewood

Moises Henriques

Nathan Lyon

Nic Maddinson

Peter Nevill

Steve O’Keefe

Kurtis Patterson

Ben Rohrer

Gurinder Sandhu

No Cummins but Sandhu is there.

Also Henriques is back which I was surprised about. Thought he wasbinbthe t20 WC side.

That strengthens the bowling for sure.

Interesting to see if they play the two all rounders ( henriques & Abbott) or Abbott misses out.
http://www.cricketnsw.com.au/news-l...-chase-46th-shield-title-against-the-warriors

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you'd have to add SOK to the all rounders group

that team should be good enough

toss will be important if there is a ton of juice in the pitch like last week

caylo

Bench
I would suggest the team will line up similar to this, Abbott would feel himself unlucky to be left out but I think they will go with 6 batsmen considering Henriques is a good bowler.

Ryan Carters
Nic Maddinson
Steve Smith
Moises Henriques
Ben Rohrer
Kurtis Patterson
Peter Nevill
Steve O’Keefe
Trent Copeland
Nathan Lyon
Josh Hazlewood

12th men: Sandhu, Abbott

lockyno1

Post Whore
Henriques at 5 or 6, but agreed. I would play Sandu ahead of Copeland though, although Copeland does help with the batting. remember NSW don't have to WIN the match, they need to not lose the match.