What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 signings

carcharias

Immortal
CRONULLA Sharks will top up their player roster for next season over the next month.
Off contract players Anthony Tupou and Jeff Robson (two years) and Nathan Stapleton, Sam Tagataese, Nathan Gardner and David Fifita, Andrew’s twin brother, have been
re-signed.
‘‘With Jayson Bukuya (to Warriors) and Tyrone Peachey (Penrith) moving on next season, we have some room to move with forward replacements,’’ said chief executive Steve Noyce on Wednesday.
The Sharks play their last game before the finals, in the capital against the Canberra Raiders on Sunday night and, win or lose, will host a Sydney final at Allianz Stadium next week.
With captain Paul Gallen accepting the early plea for a crusher tackle and missing the Canberra game, Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has named a similar team to the one beaten by the Cowboys on Sunday.

However, he could again decide to rest Todd Carney and other players when he finalises the side on the weekend, with the leading Sharks NSW Cup side having the last-round bye.
SHARKS: 1 Michael Gordon, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Ben Pomeroy, 4 Jonathan Wright, 5 Beau Ryan, 6 Todd Carney, 7 Jeff Robson, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 John Morris, 10 Sam Tagataese, 11 Luke Lewis, 12 Anthony Tupou, 13 Chris Heighington. Interchange: 14 Isaac De Gois, 15 Tyrone Peachey, 16 Ben Ross, 17 Bryce Gibbs.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1753770/sharks-on-the-hunt-for-new-blood/?cs=1633

Card Shark

Immortal
Gardner & Stapo resigned - interesting.

I suppose with the Storm moving on in NSW cup, we need to retain what we have.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Carch - I noticed you highlighted 'forward replacements'...

Don't we need 'back replacements'!?

Special K

Coach
Ideally we bring in Sopoaga for say Peachey and have to find someone for Boogs. We also still need to find replacements for the taufuas, greens and ross' of the world.

Need more bloody backs though.

Inferno

Coach
So top 25 for 2014

1. Gordan
2. Feki
3. Ayshford
4. J.Wright
5. Ryan
6. Carney
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. De Gois
10. Gallen
11. Tupou
12. Lewis
13. Graham
14. Heino
15. Tagatese
16. Gibbs
17. Stapleton
18. Gardner
19. Leutele
20. Morris
21. Pom

Is Matt Wright still on the books for next year?

I'd suspect D. Fifita isn't in the top 25.

Any other re-signings I've missed?

Last edited:

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
So top 25 for 2014

1. Gordan
2. Feki
3. Ayshford
4. J.Wright
5. Ryan
6. Carney
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. De Gois
10. Gallen
11. Tupou
12. Lewis
13. Graham
14. Heino
15. Tagatese
16. Gibbs
17. Stapleton
18. Gardner
19. Leutele

Is Morris still on the books for next year?

Matt Wright?

I'd suspect D. Fifita isn't in the top 25.

Any other re-signings I've missed

You forgot Lichaa.

Who gives a flying f**k about Matt Wright

Card Shark

Immortal
Only Aysford so far I think....not an improvement on what we have really .

As much as I despise the way Fergo is carrying on, we do need him to complete a top squad.

Also, it's important we don't capitulate in this year's finals - gotta win 2 games & experience it a bit, ready for a full-on tilt next year.

newman

First Grade
Fergo is a done deal pending the outcome of his court case and subsequent NRL action.

Latest posts