What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 - drawing the line

Titanic

First Grade
Opening this thread for dialogue regarding the changes within the club ... new coach, new assistant coaches, a tougher line from the club management, a couple of new faces and out with some of the old players and Searle ... in fact, although not hopeful of much more than an improved on-field/off-field performance in 2015, perhaps we have turned the corner for the better?

maple_69

Bench
No way of knowing yet. It's a new start which of course should bring positivity because it needed to happen but there's no way to tell if the new lot will be any better. Living in the Parramatta district for much of my life and now being close to the organisation, I've seen a lot of clean outs and not a lot of success. A clean out is the first step. Now the hard work begins. Good luck to you guys, would love to see you succeed.

steeden.

Juniors
Opening this thread for dialogue regarding the changes within the club ... new coach, new assistant coaches, a tougher line from the club management, a couple of new faces and out with some of the old players and Searle ... in fact, although not hopeful of much more than an improved on-field/off-field performance in 2015, perhaps we have turned the corner for the better?

I really hope so. Has there been any further information on the quest to find a new major sponsor? The NRL, Queensland and the Broncos (and most importantly, the Coast) really need a strong Titans team.

Titanic

First Grade
Nothing firm from the club on sponsorship although they have hinted that they are close to signing with a Chinese company.

Henry seems to have adapted a youth policy into his new broom strategy and with an eye to the future that's probably the best we can expect for the coming season.

With a little luck we'll run out with something like: 1. Hoffman, 2. Don, 3. Crampton, 4. Roberts, 5. Mead, 6. Sezer, 7. Mortimer, 8. Douglas, 9. Moseley, 10. James, 11. Taylor, 12. Myles, 13. Bird, 14. Hala, 15. Carter, 16. Burr, 17. Robinson.

steeden.

Juniors
Nothing firm from the club on sponsorship although they have hinted that they are close to signing with a Chinese company.

There's a pic on facebook of some players in their training gear, and deadset it looks like the only sponsors they had when they were made was Hyundai and BLK. Have 9 and Fourex gone too?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good luck for 2015 guys. I like to see the Titans playing well and winning some more games. Hopefully you guys stay injury free that would be a start.

It's very important for Rugby League up there that the Titans are going strong. Hopefully you will keep turning the corner and go up in all aspects of the club.

Keep sticking solid with them guys!

Rabbits20

Immortal
^ brain dead merkin

Shut up! I haven't been rude to you mate. You just are to me and post short silly posts!

I honestly believe the Titans are an important part of the comp. I really want to see them improve on and off the field.

I guess it starts with being more competitive on the park and playing some good footy at Robina. Making it a place where away teams know they're in for a very hard battle.

Hopefully your halves stay fit for you so they aren't constantly changing every couple of weeks.

Here I was believing you were happy!

Anyway, I like the Titans and hope they do well, however I don't share your promising posts at this point in time.

Depth and significant change will take some time to address.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Here I was believing you were happy!

Anyway, I like the Titans and hope they do well, however I don't share your promising posts at this point in time.

Depth and significant change will take some time to address.

I'm very happy. The fact your rude doesn't bother me and is becoming laughable now.

You are such a smart arse merkin.

Titanic

First Grade
A lot of fresh new faces at training and that's what all were hoping for. A recent survey of Titans' fans expectations received an overwhelming response of a 9-12 finish in 2015 which about sums up the feeling on the Coast.

Titanic

First Grade
With things a little slow over Christmas and Carter being a non-starter, our first round 17 is beginning to look like this:

1. Hoffman, 2. KFFL, 3. Roberts, 4. Don, 5. Mead, 6. Sezer, 7. Mortimer, 8. Douglas, 9. Falloon, 10. Myles, 11. Taylor, 12. Robinson, 13. Bird, 14. James, 15. Hala, 16. Ridge, 17. Moseley.

There is a lot of pressure coming from Moseley to start at 9 while Ioane has support for a bench spot based on his end of 2014 form. NYC half of the year Kane Elgy will no doubt get a look in later in the season along with Lachlan Burr. The club keeps talking Zillman up as the best thing since banana smoothies but the mail is that he will be keeping the Burleigh Bears company.

Pre-season and the Nines should be an interesting watch for Titans followers who seem to be focused on stability and development rather than September games. After the last few years why not?

There is also a lot of discussion about marquee players for 2016, however, with so many questions unanswered that's getting a bit too far in front of ourselves ... a major sponsor would be good though.

TheFrog

Coach
Of 55 players who have left the Panthers after just 1 first grade game, a couple of them had careers in England, and a couple of others played a handful of games in the NRL, and most by far were never heard of again. Only two players have had what you'd call reasonable first grade careers after leaving Penrith having played one first grade game.

They are Darrien Doherty (66 games for 6 clubs after leaving Penrith)
and Phil Howlett (70 games for Parramatta and Souths).

Lets hope Kieren Moseley can join those two and have a worthwhile career. His one first grade match (against Manly in Round 25) was a blinder.

Titanic

First Grade
Thanks for the stats and opinion Frog ... Moseley has impressed at pre-season training.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I like Moseley and would have liked us to keep him instead of (presumably) spending bigger on Korosiau. Good luck to him and Robinson, who was always solid in first grade when he got his shot.