What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016/2017 NBA Season

T-Boon

Coach
Nice going Westbrook. First half triple double. I think he missed the NBA fastest TD record by about a minute though - loser.

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Harden didn't do too bad either. 53 points, 16 rebounds, 17 assists... Was also 2 turnovers shy of a quadruple double... ;)

Barkley

Bench
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...bron-james-lead-nba-all-star-voting/96199488/

The NBA released the first round of fan-voting results for the 2017 All-Star Game starters on Thursday, giving an early look at which players may be headed to New Orleans next month.

Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James and Kyrie Irvingreceived the most overall votes, while Golden State Warriors' Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry lead all Western Conference players. The biggest surprise on the list is the Warriors' Zaza Pachulia, who earned the second-most votes of all West frontcourt players despite averaging just 5.2 points and 5.8 rebounds in 17.7 minutes.

Eastern Conference
Frontcourt
  1. LeBron James - 595,288
  2. Giannis Antetokounmpo - 500,663
  3. Kevin Love - 250,347
  4. Joel Embiid - 221,984
  5. Carmelo Anthony - 189,817
  6. Jimmy Butler - 189,066
  7. Kristaps Porzingis - 184,166
  8. Paul George - 138,332
  9. Hassan Whiteside - 72,628
  10. Jabari Parker - 64,141

Guards
  1. Kyrie Irving - 543,030
  2. Dwyane Wade - 278,052
  3. DeMar DeRozan - 253,340
  4. Isaiah Thomas - 193,297
  5. Derrick Rose - 129,924
  6. Kyle Lowry - 128,940
  7. John Wall - 87,360
  8. Jeremy Lin - 59,562
  9. Kemba Walker - 52,122
  10. Avery Bradley - 32,822

Western Conference
Frontcourt
  1. Kevin Durant - 541,209
  2. Zaza Pachulia - 439,675
  3. Kawhi Leonard - 341,240
  4. Anthony Davis - 318,144
  5. Draymond Green - 236,315
  6. DeMarcus Cousins - 202,317
  7. Karl-Anthony Towns - 125,278
  8. LaMarcus Aldridge - 101,724
  9. Blake Griffin - 100,524
  10. Marc Gasol - 97,370

Guards
  1. Stephen Curry - 523,597
  2. James Harden - 519,446
  3. Russell Westbrook - 501,652
  4. Klay Thompson - 293,054
  5. Chris Paul - 173,830
  6. Damian Lillard - 117,857
  7. Eric Gordon - 76,609
  8. Manu Ginobili - 65,832
  9. Andre Iguodala - 64,247
  10. Zach LaVine - 53,642

As was announced in December, this year marks the first time that fans only make up 50% of the vote, while NBA players and media each comprise 25%.

Fans can vote in several ways:
  • NBA.com/vote
  • The NBA App
  • Twitter and Facebook, by using the player's first and last name (or Twitter handle) along with the hashtag #NBAVote
  • Google search, by typing in "NBA Vote All-Star" or "NBA Vote Team Name" (example: NBA Vote Warriors) and using the respective voting cards to select teams and then players

On Twitter, Facebook and Google, fans can submit votes for 10 different players per day during the voting period. On NBA.com and in the NBA App, fans can fill out one ballot per day, selecting up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference.

A second voting update will be shared on Jan. 12, voting will conclude on Jan. 16 and the starters will be announced on Jan. 19 on TNT. The All-Star reserves, as selected by NBA head coaches, will be announced a week later on Jan. 26.

The All-Star Game will take place on Feb. 19 at the Smoothie King Center

Barkley

Bench
I think it's brilliant. I could imagine the NBA marketing department shitting themselves over Zaza being selected over the likes of Anthony Davis, KAT or Cousins.

This is obviously why they have changed the voting system to allow coaches, players and media to have a significant say.

Just for the record, Zaza is averaging 5.2 pts, 5.8 rebs, 2.1 ast and 0.5 blks in 17 mins per game. If that''s not All Star stats then I don't know what is.

Rod

Bench
Yeah because they've changed the rules (most likely because of Zaza almost getting in last year) he's next to no show of getting in.

ACTPanthers

Bench
TWolves currently beating the Rockets by 20 with 9 mins to go in the 4th... Even as a TWolves fan... I did not see that coming at all!!!

Barkley

Bench
TWolves currently beating the Rockets by 20 with 9 mins to go in the 4th... Even as a TWolves fan... I did not see that coming at all!!!

So you're the one...;).

The TWolves are a very promising team....pretty exciting time to be following them as long as they can keep their core together. They are probably under performing than what was expected of them.

ACTPanthers

Bench
So you're the one...;).

The TWolves are a very promising team....pretty exciting time to be following them as long as they can keep their core together. They are probably under performing than what was expected of them.

Ha ha only one I know of in Aus anyway

Most definitely we're under performing! Having Thibs come in, a lot of us thought our D would be heaps better from the outset, that just hasn't happened - D IS getting better, we just need to get Wiggins and Lavine playing better defense - Scoring, generally, isn't our issue.

Barkley

Bench
Yeah they have the scoring aspect covered. KAT is already a well rounded player but bigs usually are. Lavine and Wiggins need time to mature to develop the rest of their game.

I feel they need an old head to steer the team and to learn off. Someone like a D Wade. That would speed up their development a lot.

natheel

Coach
Yeah they have the scoring aspect covered. KAT is already a well rounded player but bigs usually are. Lavine and Wiggins need time to mature to develop the rest of their game.

I feel they need an old head to steer the team and to learn off. Someone like a D Wade. That would speed up their development a lot.
Sounds like a good idea in theory. Would cause some headaches line up wise. Wade surely starts at SG what happens to Lavine? Could he be a good sixth man? Maybe even push Dunn or Rubio to sixth man with Lavine going to PG? Who would move on?

Barkley

Bench
Sounds like a good idea in theory. Would cause some headaches line up wise. Wade surely starts at SG what happens to Lavine? Could he be a good sixth man? Maybe even push Dunn or Rubio to sixth man with Lavine going to PG? Who would move on?

I was more so thinking of an old player that would be a good mentor to the kids. D Wade in theory would be a pretty good choice and still has a bit to offer. Mello for example would and has always been a poor mentor as it is all about him.

Not that D Wade will ever head to Minnesota, but if he did I would move Rubio to the bench and have Wade as the PG and Lavine as the SG.

betcats

Referee
Got league pass this year, I was waiting for Simmons to come back as its expensive as f**k but I got bored over the holidays. Been heading towards the bucks bandwagon since watching them. Giannis is an absolute monster, its scary how good he will be once he gets the 3 working. Parker is another scarily talented guy. Even the rookie PG they have looks to be a baller. Solid all round game for a rook PG and with Middleton to come back they have a very bright future.

Thon Maker got some real minutes the other day also, was nice to see. He has a lot to learn he was all over the place defensively but you can see the potential. He nailed a 3 right after getting on the court.

natheel

Coach
I was more so thinking of an old player that would be a good mentor to the kids. D Wade in theory would be a pretty good choice and still has a bit to offer. Mello for example would and has always been a poor mentor as it is all about him.

Not that D Wade will ever head to Minnesota, but if he did I would move Rubio to the bench and have Wade as the PG and Lavine as the SG.

Yeh doubt it would happen but it's always interesting to think about. Wade could be a good pick up for a lot of teams just outside that playoff bracket. My team pelicans desperatley needs a star to help Davis. Heild is starting to get some good minutes and looks like we will have an alright draft pick with some good prospects coming up but still need that quality player and also need to piss Asia off soaking up 8-9 mil as a dud centre.

Barkley

Bench
http://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/2017-nba-all-star-game-starters-announced-eastern-conference-western-conference-lebron-james-kevin-durant-stephen-curry-kyrie-irving/

2017 NBA All-Star Game Starters Announced

HOUSTON, TX – JANUARY 05: Russell Westbrook #0 of the Oklahoma City Thunder brings the ball up the court in thr fourth quarter against the Houston Rockets at Toyota Center on January 5, 2017 in Houston, Texas. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)

Thursday night the starting lineups for next month’s NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans were announced, with this being the first year of a new voting formula used to determine the teams. In the past the fan vote was all that mattered, but in December the NBA announced that fan voting counts for just 50 percent of the formula used. Media voting counts for 25 percent, as will voting amongst the players themselves.

Below are the starters for both teams, with DeMar DeRozan beating out Boston’s Isaiah Thomas in the East as a result of being higher in the fan voting. Both players finished tied in the new formula used, with the fan voting serving as the tiebreaker.

Eastern Conference Starters:

G Kyrie Irving, Cleveland
G DeMar DeRozan, Toronto
F LeBron James, Cleveland
F Jimmy Butler, Chicago
F Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee

Western Conference Starters

G Stephen Curry, Golden State
G James Harden, Houston
F Kevin Durant, Golden State
F Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio
F/C Anthony Davis, New Orleans

The most surprising omission is Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook. No player has averaged a triple-double in the NBA since 1962, something that Westbrook could very well do this season. Currently averaging 30.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 10.4 assists per game, Westbrook has an NBA-best 21 triple-doubles in 44 games.

The coaches will pick the reserves for both teams, with those names scheduled to be revealed Thursday, January 26. There’s no doubt that players such as Westbrook and Thomas will hear their names called to play in the NBA’s midseason showcase in New Orleans.