What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Membership Discussion

Raiderdave

First Grade
so we were 206,587 on the 13th of March 2015
& around the same figure on the 19th of February for this season .. so around 15 to 20K ahead of last year.
not stunningly good , but ok I spose

Id say we'll get close to 300,000 in 2016
but that 400K we were hoping for by the end of 2017 looks like it won't be achieved , we'll be about 50K off or so :?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
& around the same figure on the 19th of February for this season .. so around 15 to 20K ahead of last year.

but that 400K we were hoping for by the end of 2017 looks like it won't be achieved , we'll be about 50K off or so :?

They have zero strategy for memberships and crowds. The co-ordinated strategy towrads membership growth of 3-4 years ago has evaporated.

thorson1987

Coach
It seems there is a deal for junior league players.

Got the details for the free tickets for my son, and he can also purchase a Sharks membership (Reefy's) for $35.00 instead of $50.00.

Not 100% sure if it applies to all clubs though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Apparently that's where a lot of the Rabbitohs' come from

thorson1987

Coach
Apparently that's where a lot of the Rabbitohs' come from

You still actually have to purchase the membership. Just discounted.

Nothing wrong with it.

If they were given out to every kid who signed up to play in the local comp thats a different story.

Timmah

Staff member
If it's for free to artificially boost numbers I don't agree.

Sure, I agree it's good in the sense of exposing more kids to footy, but I don't think it should count towards numbers if it's at no cost.

thorson1987

Coach
Some of you guys have an effed up perspective.

Giving a membership to every kid who plays would be genius

Why should my son, who is a Sharks fan, be given a Tigers membership because he plays in one of their districts?

Especially if he is already a Sharks member.

Now, if the NRL decided that every kid who played the game was given a free membership to the team of their choice that would be a different story.

Timmah

Staff member
Sounds like a logistical nightmare to organise :lol:

Saint Doc

Coach
If it's for free to artificially boost numbers I don't agree.

Sure, I agree it's good in the sense of exposing more kids to footy, but I don't think it should count towards numbers if it's at no cost.

This is the problem. You guys are still competing against each other! As if the membership tally means something. In the grand scheme of things it means squat, and we are competing with AFL, union, soccer, and these days NFL too.

Timmah

Staff member
I think you're missing the point.

We all want to see a lift in numbers from all clubs but if it's based on truckloads of freebies that's not necessarily a good thing for club coffers. The only tangible benefit are from the odd families who might jump on and become members so they can take the kid with the free pass and some of the merch sales. Even then, the income to the club is relatively limited.

Simo

First Grade
don't they get a free pass to the footy anyway?
I'm sure they still do.

They dont get the pass like the old days where you could go to any game as much as you like, they now get a special ticketek code that gives them 1 ticket per week to any game they want (obviously excluding things like origin and the GF but sometimes they allow them to be used in the early weeks of the finals).

Coaches, trainers, managers and committee members also get them.

carcharias

Immortal
They dont get the pass like the old days where you could go to any game as much as you like, they now get a special ticketek code that gives them 1 ticket per week to any game they want (obviously excluding things like origin and the GF but sometimes they allow them to be used in the early weeks of the finals).

Coaches, trainers, managers and committee members also get them.

ok cool.

geeze I never even contemplating going to more than one game pre weekend when I was a kid using the pass.
We got to go to the final of the Panasonic cup though.
I think it was a combined qld team v the steelers

alien

Referee
Massive update to the numbers last night --> http://bit.ly/2016NRLMembers

206k and counting. Titans off the bottom now leaving the Wests Tigers dead last...

They have zero strategy for memberships and crowds. The co-ordinated strategy towrads membership growth of 3-4 years ago has evaporated.

some clubs are doing ok. some of those bottom clubs need to get their act together though. every club should be able to get at least 10,000 members

H.H

Juniors
Ordered 6 roosters memberships today.

Asked how many we were up too and the bloke was vague at best..."not sure, maybe around 10k or so"...

He did say though that the new system has meant they've had to start again meaning very slow progress compared to prior years. Said they expect to be at last year's number when they catch up about a quarter of the way through the season.

H.H

Juniors
Got this e-mail from the Roosters today. looks like they're finally taking this membership caper seriously.

ALEX JOLLEY JOINS
ROOSTERS MEMBERSHIP TEAM
The Sydney Roosters are pleased to introduce Alex Jolley, who has been appointed as the Club's new Manager of Consumer Business.

Alex's key responsibility will be to oversee the Club's Membership and Fan Engagement department.

Alex joins the Roosters after five years with the AFL's Richmond Football Club where he held the position of Membership Manager.

In 2015 Richmond had over 70,000 members and one of the highest member renewal rates in the competition. Prior to his time with Richmond, Alex spent four years in the health and fitness industry.

Having commenced his role with the Roosters this week, Alex spoke about how excited he was to join the Foundation Club.

"I'm really proud to have joined an NRL club with such a rich history like the Roosters," said Jolley.

"I'm incredibly passionate about Membership services and I'm looking forward to getting to know the Roosters Members and supporters."

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Cb8uwBLUMAEEWsA.jpg:large