What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R19 - Roosters 20-32 Sharks @ Allianz Stadium

Round 19: Roosters v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamkungl

Immortal
Hard to say someone's obstructed when he has enough time to make the tackle 3 times over if he actually bothered to make the effort.

And I don't think Tupou scored - but I also know there's no way that the refs call gets overturned by the bunker if it was the other team scoring. Seen it time and time again

carcharias

Immortal
classic obstruction.
They took one look at it and disallowed it.
Don't forget the Sharks got penalised for the exact same thing at the other end.
Did the roosters also score after Barba was penalised for that strip?
He had a go at the ball in a one on one situation but then the roosters player lost the ball behind his head during the tackle.
should've been a knock on - scrum.

Blame your players for letting the Sharks score 6 fair dinkum trys.
Not the ref for two at best questionable no trys.

MilkShark

First Grade
Is Mitch Aubusson ok?

Poor fella just dropped to to ground last night and then the ref blew his whistle.

carcharias

Immortal
ha
kicked out on the full.
dropped the kick off
2 bombs caught in goal.
forward passes
obstruction
dropped balls
more than double the penalties against the sharks
kicker tackled on the 4th
sin bin

but its the refs fault?

Clifferd

Coach
If Sharks can beat Titans in a couple weeks time up there imo they can go undefeated until round 26 then who knows

Pretty easy draw

I honestly thought they would've dropped last weeks game and last nights games, keep proving me wrong

Valheru

Coach
All we ask for is consistency. The obstruction call was consistent with most others made this season so no problem there.

The Tupou one was not consistent with any call made in the last 5 years and should have stood as a try.

As a roosters fan, I am proud my team hasn't put the cue in the rack, which is more than I can say for the likes of souths and St George.

As for the Sharks, they are desperately close to the bubble bursting and a string of losses on last night's performance. Their much vaunted defence was sliced open with ease on a number of occasions and a team with more belief and polish would have done them in. They are reminding me of the roosters of 2015 who also went on a similar run, winning 2 or 3 they should have lost and when it came to the crunch they couldn't lift like the other teams.

carcharias

Immortal
All we ask for is consistency. The obstruction call was consistent with most others made this season so no problem there.

The Tupou one was not consistent with any call made in the last 5 years and should have stood as a try.

As a roosters fan, I am proud my team hasn't put the cue in the rack, which is more than I can say for the likes of souths and St George.

As for the Sharks, they are desperately close to the bubble bursting and a string of losses on last night's performance. Their much vaunted defence was sliced open with ease on a number of occasions and a team with more belief and polish would have done them in. They are reminding me of the roosters of 2015 who also went on a similar run, winning 2 or 3 they should have lost and when it came to the crunch they couldn't lift like the other teams.
I've seen a few trys overturned this year.
The sharks have had them overturned by the bunker so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Topuo didn't ground the ball properly . He lost it on the way down.
No way was it clear downward pressure.
Just because the ref gives his impression doesn't mean it is automatically a try.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Sharkies winning while not at their best is a very ominous sign. Will take a red-hot side to beat them in the finals if they can stay fit.

Unscrupulous

Bench
Lol sorry, but an on-field ruling of try has seen Tupou's awarded consistently this season. Just because the ball pops out after it hits the ground does not mean there was "no downward pressure" to quote Sutton. The bloke has denied an abnormally high number of our tries that have been sent up as a try.

We werent 'robbed', but f**k me, how many times does it have to happen?