What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017/18 Champions League

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a lot of images on social media showing how Salah first engaged with Ramos by linking with his arm, before the ball was even near them but Ramos was just too strong for him

it certainly wasn't a one sided attack as was made out by the media immediately after the game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
DeN_KBOXcAAXU8R.jpg

DC80

Juniors
24 hours after the match it just hit me again what Karius did. It’s unbelievable. All my 25 years watching the game I’ve never seen anything remotely like it. You wouldn’t see that in an amateur match on the local playing field. His second blunder didn’t surprise me one iota, he has that in him...did the same in the previous round vs Roma and got away with it with the ball hitting the cross bar. He also should have been sent off against Roma after his brain dead run off his line to collide with Dzeko.

To have three world class players in Salah, Mane, Firmino in one end of the field, and Loris Karius - a man who looks every inch a 4.7 million pound player we paid for - in other end, it’s makes no sense. From the sublime to the ridiculous. It’s Klopp’s fault this. Love the man, but it’s him that stuck by Karius when it was clear he wasn’t up to it.

If Klopp hangs on to him now (I don’t believe he will) it’s a dereliction of duty. The fella is a car wreck of a player. He makes everyone nervous, fans, teammates etc. Him appearing again would have all eyes on him waiting for the next blunder. The media in England is brutal, opposing fans are even more brutal, mentally he would get destroyed. He should go back to Germany and play for a club close to family and friends. It was painful to see him crying alone, and apologising to the fans. He has nothing to apologise for, he didn’t mean it. He should never have been in the position in the first place so Klopp has to take much of the blame. Bale took that second strike as he knew the keeper was suspect.

Haffa

The media in England is brutal, opposing fans are even more brutal, mentally he would get destroyed.
Just oppo fans? Search his account on twitter I'd say 80-90% of people telling him to die and threatening his family are reds. He's walking alone at present.

The fact Klopp didn't even go an console him when he was isolated on the pitch in tears says a lot about the man.

Jimbo

Immortal
Someone really needs to keep close to Karius he looked broken. This stuff can haunt a person for years. Everyone at that club needs to support him, especially with all the backlash he will get from so called fans. Never wanted them to win but, feel really for him. The backlash has already started on Twitter. No game is worth the mental health of one person.

Good point Haff

Let's leave the death penalty for mistakes in South America

saint.nick

Coach
Just oppo fans? Search his account on twitter I'd say 80-90% of people telling him to die and threatening his family are reds. He's walking alone at present.

The fact Klopp didn't even go an console him when he was isolated on the pitch in tears says a lot about the man.
DC doesnt deny or obfuscate that, the fact is that reds fans in the stands are not going to abuse and heckle him but opposition fans will if he takes to the field for us again.

And thats a pretty unfair accusation on Klopp.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Bale and Ronaldo leaving Madrid?

I need to be playing week in, week out and that not happened this season,” Bale, who scored one of the greatest goals in Champions League history, said post-game.

“I had an injury five, six weeks in but [I’ve been] fit ever since. I have to sit down with my agent in the summer and discuss it.”

As for Ronaldo, the Portuguese superstar’s comments suggested that his time in Madrid may soon be up.

“In [the] coming days, there’ll be an answer about my future,” Ronaldo explained.

“It has been very nice playing for Real Madrid.”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...e/news-story/7a37f798c760512f86969c30b991a61e

saint.nick

Coach
MMA expert Robin Black and even the European Judo Union looked at the incident and concluded that Ramos intentionally caused the fall, as if it wasnt already obvious enough to a layman anyway. The Union also added that the kind of move Ramos used is even banned in Judo.

Haffa

Hahaha that Robin Black breakdown was laughable. He starts by describing Ramos clearing the ball as the "step across trip".

Former Brookside actor (and your stereotypical scouser) Mark Moraghan also said Ramos was at fault and challenged him to a charity boxing match after implying Unicef ambassador Ramos did nothing for charity.

saint.nick

Coach
Hahaha that Robin Black breakdown was laughable. He starts by describing Ramos clearing the ball as the "step across trip".

Former Brookside actor (and your stereotypical scouser) Mark Moraghan also said Ramos was at fault and challenged him to a charity boxing match after implying Unicef ambassador Ramos did nothing for charity.
So a Judo association and an MMA expert are wrong but a random scouserphobe on a league forum who cherrypicked a still image while completely ignoring Ramos' violent reputation is correct...right...

Stop the scouse hate and just admit the idea of Ramos intentionally hurting an opponent is far from far fetched

Haffa

So a Judo association and an MMA expert are wrong but a random scouserphobe on a league forum who cherrypicked a still image while completely ignoring Ramos' violent reputation is correct...right...
Do we even know Ramos if does Judo or MMA? If he has can he also execute the move after clearing the ball?

Charity boxing match to settle it? Do you even do charity?!

Haffa

So I'm the only person who thinks they got tangled and fell over? I didn't post the still pic either the video is clear for anyone being objective.

saint.nick

Coach
LOL what does it matter if he does martial arts or not :joy: what he did was eerily similar to what happens in martial arts hence why it looks so intentional. I am sure he had no problem trying to simultaneously kick a ball and force a player to the ground in negligent fashion

saint.nick

Coach
So I'm the only person who thinks they got tangled and fell over? I didn't post the still pic either the video is clear for anyone being objective.
But you did agree with the still pic. Nah being objective is listening to people who know a lot more about grappling and also considering Ramos's reputation, let alone what he did to Karius in the same game

Haffa

LOL what does it matter if he does martial arts or not :joy: what he did was eerily similar to what happens in martial arts hence why it looks so intentional. I am sure he had no problem trying to simultaneously kick a ball and force a player to the ground in negligent fashion
So he didn’t know martial arts but implemented this illegal judo move perfectly. All of this while Salah locked his arms in the first contact and cleared the ball away.

Latest posts