What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 cacography awards nominations

Quigs

Immortal
I went there on a school history excursion once, and an Abbott Pharmaceuticals Christmas picnic too.

When I was a lil snotter way back in the early 60's the Miranda RSL used to have their big Christmas Shindig picnics at Far-Kurnell. 3 or 4 busloads shuffled off to the big picnic sheds. Great times which I remember well. Make yourself sick on the free ice-creams ( come in those big sacks filled with dry ice) . This was probably before Miranda Fair even. (Or it had just started off)

One year Santa gave all the boys my age this u-beaut tin jet plane which you pressed a button and it would fire two plastic rocketbombs. Think I was about 6 or 7. Us kids were running around having dogfights with the planes. The toys were made in Japan.

I still remember a lot of the old blokes going off their heads about the bloody jap toys and it was not that long ago we were shoting the bastards in New Guniea.

Funny how certain memories as a kid stick.

Always loved Far Kurnell. The land that time forgot.

Latest posts