What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ticket sales for Broncos v Penrith are terrible. Really bad, nothing sold in level 7 yet. 33-36k I reckon.

Best crowd v Penrith since 2004 maybe haha... Pretty sure we got a good crowd against them one year?

Brutus

Referee
Ticket sales for Broncos v Penrith are terrible. Really bad, nothing sold in level 7 yet. 33-36k I reckon.

Best crowd v Penrith since 2004 maybe haha... Pretty sure we got a good crowd against them one year?

37k on ANZAC day 2004.

Low to mid Mid 40's if I recall in the early days of ANZ Stadium in Brisbane. Willie Nelson was the pre-game entertainment. Worst ground ever to watch football.

Teddyboy

First Grade
40000 would be a good crowd. Parra are attractive to watch with a tough time of it last season and the cowboys have a underdog tag that makes for a compelling clash. Sydney footy fans should turn out for such a final with good weather predicted. Hope the fans do! Il be at a local Lower Hunter footy grandfinal day in Newcastle with 10000 expected to attend.
10000 for a Newcastle final is pretty good in this day and age.

Stallion

First Grade
10000 for a Newcastle final is pretty good in this day and age.

Its actually the old Newcastle 2nd division comp. And its thriving nowadays. They basically went back to playing on Saturdays And introduced Ladies leaguetag and within a few seasons its booming. The district competition is another story. Unfortunately the inner city clubs have shunned Saturday football and are losing juniors every year as a result. Junios r going to other codes that play on Saturdays. The coal fields clubs are going ok as they play Saturday football but the inner city clubs are not (interest wise). Many are run by pensioners and a 70s mentality of Sunday games has suited their lifestyle but has eroded community relevance and local interest/regard. Basically the game is on the outer in inner city Newcastle. RL Development officers wont even visit inner city schools! I know so as Im a relief teacher and teach in various local schools. One inner city public school had one rugby league player. The rest of the school were union, soccer players etc.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can anyone tell me if sections of anz are set aside for the different fans groups from the two teams in grand final? At moment ticktets are ranging from $130, 250, 310 and 385. Where about are the fans sections?

insert.pause

First Grade
Can anyone tell me if sections of anz are set aside for the different fans groups from the two teams in grand final? At moment ticktets are ranging from $130, 250, 310 and 385. Where about are the fans sections?
Why would they have fans sections before the teams competing are known?

Raiderdave

First Grade
So no answer to the ordinary averages over 18 years ,in an all seater stadium, spending a fortune .Onew year LOL let's see the next 10,before you blow your lollies.
The Viking clap is the greatest thing since sliced bread.It'll fuel motor vehicles in the future.

"Unshakable" financial stability.You never heard of the GFC LOL in 2008.

Rural teams need big cities chump.Adelaide is closer. They need the clap.

hmmmmm
no Viking Clap
12K average 15K members
with it
15K average & 20K members & thats with no finals

Sharks a premiership
&... no one cared lol

whos the smarter club here dummy ?

sides in the cluttered Sydney market will go first dummy & you know it
certainly small clubs with no support like the sharks
i mean if you can't get support as premiers ..when will you eh ? : )

lockyno1

Post Whore
Have you ever posted on these forums without taking a potshot at ANZ Stadium?

Not my fault the ground is awful. I'll be glad when the renovations happen- no ANZ for a while.

I'm sorry but I've gone to 30+ games there and every time I've gone home saying "what an awful experience". You can defend it till you are blue in the face but not everyone likes ANZ and for good reasons.

Clifferd

Coach
I've been to ANZ quite a few times and I've never complained. To be fair though I've only been when there's been crowds of excess of 20k+ and I think the atmosphere makes it 10x bearable

I don't get some of the hate towards it on here, but that's just me

lockyno1

Post Whore
I've been to ANZ quite a few times and I've never complained. To be fair though I've only been when there's been crowds of excess of 20k+ and I think the atmosphere makes it 10x bearable

I don't get some of the hate towards it on here, but that's just me

Won't clog up the thread as I've said it a few times but my issue mainly is that the SFS does everything ANZ do but better. More food areas, more pubs (with full strength beer for crying out loud), and you can make a night of it after.

ANZ is hamstrung by location in that there is nothing to do afterwards, if I go out I'd like to make a night of it- bit hard from Olympic Park lol (a good say 40mins to the city)

moffla

Bench
ANZ is hamstrung by location in that there is nothing to do afterwards, if I go out I'd like to make a night of it- bit hard from Olympic Park lol (a good say 40mins to the city)
This is it. Missus is keen to have a big night if storm with the title this year. I've warned her that it's a bit of a trek back to the city!