What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Lethal3

Juniors
At least they ATTEMPT to try and get people home earlier, NRL is like "f**k you game starts at 8:10 because we want as much ads as possible for Channel 9!"
AFL doesnt like to have Sunday games in September cause their GF is on a Saturday.
See a big difference between the codes is that AFL ATTEMPTS to limit the reasons to NOT go to the game. From closing the roof at the docklands stadium. To having more Afternoon games. Better and FREE transport. NRL keeps on offering up reasons to not go by improving the TV experience and building the game for that, crowds be damned.

NRL looks at the AFL and goes "Why dont we get that money for TV" without putting in the work, cutting up the game for the money, and wonders why they dont get the crowds.

Free transport? Fake news.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
21k is ok for Roosters. Until the nrl figures out how to attract neutrals to these games that's about as good as it will get.

The days of neutrals going to home finals in week one are over

Soon as they made it home finals it was dead

Neutrals will turn up only in week 2 or 3

21k is ok for Roosters. Until the nrl figures out how to attract neutrals to these games that's about as good as it will get.

21k for an foundation club who had decades to get an fan base and thats the best they can do is disappointing. All those decades to be outdrawn by the swans is embarrassing for heartland. Heartland gotta heartland with the excuses and empty seats depsite it being finals. If supporters can't show up now what would they attend to. Cue excuses.

footy75

Bench
Bigpoofy is calling you

flog

lol..... personal insults at anyone who mentions AFL. We get it you hate it, it´s all good.

Back on topic...

The AFL might have had a better crowd but like 99 per cent of the NRL game was superior.
If it was in Brisbane we would be talking about how good the crowd was.

carcharias

Immortal
21k for an foundation club who had decades to get an fan base and thats the best they can do is disappointing. All those decades to be outdrawn by the swans is embarrassing for heartland. Heartland gotta heartland with the excuses and empty seats depsite it being finals. If supporters can't show up now what would they attend to. Cue excuses.

Wow!
Read that out loud to yourself.
It is bloody terrible.
1/10

taipan

Referee
Yeah but just look at all of them weve had, they have had the same problem.
The goverment DOES NOT give money for new stadium that doesnt have multiple tenants(not you Im the doctor). Adelaide/Perth took years and it has Cricket/AFL. Melbourne needed the multiple teams for their two stadium. Aami needed storm & A league. Parra needed Panthers & WSW.
SFS didnt really need work done beyond a roof, ANZ honestly doesnt need any work done beyond a roof. Making it rectangular is nice an all, but it only needs a roof.
Manly didnt exist at the time(and brookvale needs to be burnt to the ground and the ashes pissed on). You cant fix leichy
All the lobbying in the world would give us our covered seats at shark park beyond the southern stand.

The AFL got money for Spotless and Carrara hardly bursting with multi tenants.
It's plain crazy when Bruce Stadium used by 3 rectangular codes needs up dating, yet the ACT GOVT pays the GWS Gnats $2m pa to play at their lump of dirt for 10 years in Canbraaaaaa.
We got $10m for the Monty Porter Stand not through NRL CEOS but local Member's influences,as I understand it.Yet we are a privately owned ground.

big hit!

Bench
At least it cleared 20k.
25 would have been great. If the other 3 games clear 20 it will be a decent round, regardless of what the AFL do

aiming high. seems some are just accepting mediocrity now.

manly vs penrith SHOULD get over 30k. i highly doubt it.

btw, something has to be done about match start times. if a certain is advertised, then start it at that time.

TheDalek079

Bench
nice crowd by the Roosters, who coincidentally ended up having the highest crowd average for a Sydney based team during the regular season

OldPanther

Coach
aiming high. seems some are just accepting mediocrity now.

manly vs penrith SHOULD get over 30k. i highly doubt it.

btw, something has to be done about match start times. if a certain is advertised, then start it at that time.

It won't happen. Kick off is suppose to be 7:50. How many families want to be at the ground till past 10pm and get home around midnight? I'd rather have two games at the same time/overlap in the afternoon so the kids can go at a reasonable hour and we can make a nice day of it in the city. In saying that mine are going but it has to have an effect.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Move the tv cameras to the other side, then it will look great on tv at the sfs. The opposite stand is always a lot more full and looks way better:

Greenstar5

Juniors
lol..... personal insults at anyone who mentions AFL. We get it you hate it, it´s all good.

Back on topic...

The AFL might have had a better crowd but like 99 per cent of the NRL game was superior.
If it was in Brisbane we would be talking about how good the crowd was.

What I dont understand is why are the games are still shown on GEM into non traditional RL states.

Take last night for an example.
AFL had 2 Vic sides 95k at the MCG, but the game was a bit meh, a blow out by 50 points. I wouldn't call it a great game of AFL.

The NRL gets 21k but wow what a cracking game. End to end, came down to almost jimmy the jet scoring on the final play.

Say we are a neutral fan in Melbourne watching the AFL, the game isnt the best, why the hell is the NRL hiding on a secondary channel? People might flick over last night and see a great game and be like this NRL is pretty good. Then maybe today they flick on the TV to watch the Storm play.

Thats 1 way we grow the game.

Greenstar5

Juniors
And to add to my last post. Today TV guide for Melbourne.

Channel 9 has the Storm Eels game on the main 9 channel, then the news, then Miss congeniality. Why the hell is the Manly Penrith game back on GEM!!

The_Wookie

Bench
What I dont understand is why are the games are still shown on GEM into non traditional RL states

Seven is doing the same with the AFL in NSW and QLD. Only Sydney and GWS games on main channel in NSW rest on 7mate.

The AFL got money for Spotless and Carrara hardly bursting with multi tenants.

The AFL put $10 million into Carrara too (not to mention it being the centrepiece of the Gold Coasts Commonwealth games bid).

Latest posts