What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 MEMBERSHIP POLL

Please indicate your current situation with regard to Red V Membership and your intentions for 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zucchini

Juniors
Thought this may be interesting and/or useful. Forgive me if I've buggered it up....

Please indicate your current situation with regard to Red V Membership and your intentions for 2017.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hi Zucchini,

Pass on my regards to Dousty & all the the staff, actually rescind my regards & pass on a GF to Dousty.

Re: this topic, i was searching for the clubs response when I advised them of my intention. Here is their response.

"Hi Simon, Thank you for your email, for being a Red V Member for 14 years, and for the 41 years of support you have shown towards the club. As you are aware, membership is an integral component of our club with your investment going directly towards supporting our on-field ambitions. We would be extremely disappointed to lose you as a member, as it is the continued support of our loyal fans which will ultimately bring the team back to form and to play to their full potential.We have communicated openly this past week via our member eDMs regarding various subjects concerning the Club raised by external media.
Please find attached the following links for your reference:
http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/07/19/red_v_member_update.html
http://www.dragons.com.au/red-v-members/dragons_open_letter_.html
The decision though is ultimately yours to make whether you opt to renew next season but given your long standing commitment and support, it would be disappointing not to see you and your family renew having experienced the many highs and lows that have come with supporting the team. Whilst we’re currently experiencing a rough patch, we know that those who stand by the team during these difficult times are the ones who relish in our successes the most.
Kind regards,
Anna Barwell
Membership and Customer Service Coordinator "

Will still renew.

I respect everyone's right to their own choices but I love the Dragons and have been supporting them my whole life. I certainly don't approve of the current board, CEO or coach and if given a choice would vote them all out in a second. I won't (and haven't) attend as many games if McGregor is still the coach. But I'm happy to sign up for membership again, ultimately the package I get is worth about $100 and I don't consider myself a fairweather fan who's only interested in the team when they're winning and unwilling to make such a minimal outlay. Each to his own though!

In fact if the Dragons go bust and get dropped to NSW Cup (could happen!) in future I will still head down to watch them there.

BennyV

Referee
Will still renew.

I respect everyone's right to their own choices but I love the Dragons and have been supporting them my whole life. I certainly don't approve of the current board, CEO or coach and if given a choice would vote them all out in a second. I won't (and haven't) attend as many games if McGregor is still the coach. But I'm happy to sign up for membership again, ultimately the package I get is worth about $100 and I don't consider myself a fairweather fan who's only interested in the team when they're winning and unwilling to make such a minimal outlay. Each to his own though!

In fact if the Dragons go bust and get dropped to NSW Cup (could happen!) in future I will still head down to watch them there.
Thanks Anna (referring to the condescending lady who responds to emails).

Not renewing out of protest does not make anyone a fairweather fan. I will still support the team and probably go to games. I was a member through the price years and happily renewed despite the performances.

At the moment, not renewing is our only form of protest. Your snide comments about fairweather fans are a bunch of crap. Handing back membership in protest does not equal loss of support or fandom

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
Thanks Anna (referring to the condescending lady who responds to emails).

Not renewing out of protest does not make anyone a fairweather fan. I will still support the team and probably go to games. I was a member through the price years and happily renewed despite the performances.

At the moment, not renewing is our only form of protest. Your side comments about fairweather fans are a bunch of crap. Handing back membership in protest does not equal loss of support or fandom

THIS.

blacksafake

First Grade
Hi Zucchini,

Pass on my regards to Dousty & all the the staff, actually rescind my regards & pass on a GF to Dousty.

Re: this topic, i was searching for the clubs response when I advised them of my intention. Here is their response.
So reading their reply it is the fans who will ultimately get the team to perform & reach their full potential. If thats the case why employ a coach?.They really have no idea.

grouch

First Grade
It's kinda sad that I read this, and think of the old "smell of Newtown" comments, and look at the Newtown Jets playing in traditional navy blue jerseys at their traditional home ground every 2nd saturday afternoon... and I think.. maybe the smell of Newtown isn't that bad. If we're gonna be irrelevant and utter dogshit, let's do it in style at least. Maybe?

grouch

First Grade
It's kinda sad that I read this, and think of the "smell of Newtown" comments, and look at the Newtown Jets playing in traditional navy blue jerseys at their traditional home ground every 2nd saturday afternoon... and I think.. maybe the smell of Newtown isn't that bad. If we're gonna be utter dogshit, let's do it in style at least.

The Doc

Juniors
I'll be renewing regardless. I love home games, watching my team play.
I will never forget the feeling before the JV, worried i wont have a team to support.
Going to watch the boys play, the mighty dragons, that mighty Red V, nothing comes close.
I dont sit on the hill and look at the coaches box, or the box doust sits in.
I watch the boys on the field wearing the mighty st george illawarra dragons jersey, thats what i go to the footy for.
I respect everyones views and opinions, mine just happen to differ from alot in this regard.

It's kinda sad that I read this, and think of the old "smell of Newtown" comments, and look at the Newtown Jets playing in traditional navy blue jerseys at their traditional home ground every 2nd saturday afternoon... and I think.. maybe the smell of Newtown isn't that bad. If we're gonna be irrelevant and utter dogshit, let's do it in style at least. Maybe?

Yep, I agree. The only thing I wouldn't like if I were a Newtown supporter is that they're the feeder team for another first grade club. If Doust and Co continue to run us into the ground and we end up as a stand alone entity in nsw cup, it wouldn't be the end of the world..

RED73V

Juniors
I WILL NOT RENEW if Mcgregor or Doust are involved with the club in ANY CAPACITY!!! I am sick and tired of the lame leadership shown by Doust or lack there of. Even if a new coach is appointed (let's hope so) nothing will change for the fans until Doust is gone !!! Bruce Gordon Save our Saints that's the only way Doust will be shown the door