What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 34-6 Cowboys @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stormbati

Bench
Wow! So glad it's over!
The bubble guts were killing me!
Cowboys finals series will go down as one of the best ever and rightfully so but what I saw tonight and all season from my side I can't be partial about.
One of the great seasons and very proud to be a Storm supporter.
Sadly I think I'll have to explain to my kids that Storm were actually the best team once upon a time like Parra fabs do their kids now.

OVP

Coach
congrats to the cowboys for making the GF. better than having any mediocre sydney team in the GF

You know what the best bit about tonight was ? This will be the absolute last time your fake club will win anything at all for the next 20-30 years. The big three are no more, and those mediocre Sydney clubs who have more years of history than you've taken a shit, will more than likely share the next 20-30 premierships between them, as they always have. Enjoy your time in the sun, it will be very short.

Canard

Immortal
You know what the best bit about tonight was ? This will be the absolute last time your fake club will win anything at all for the next 20-30 years. The big three are no more, and those mediocre Sydney clubs who have more years of history than you've taken a shit, will more than likely share the next 20-30 premierships between them, as they always have. Enjoy your time in the sun, it will be very short.

Sour x 10,000

King hit

Coach
At least that had Luke Phillips making a gazillion try savers on rampaging Lote and Dee. Boring but something to remember at least. Id rank 2017 just below it on the shito meter

How Philips wasn't given the Clive Churchill medal that day was pathetic. Amazing performance in a beaten team. Pulled of a try saver on Brad Thorn as well. Not a fan of giving mom awards for a beaten player but I would've made an exception that day.

Rocket's tache

Juniors
After Slater's performance tonight don't know why he wouldn't go round for at least one more season.. but all the best to him in whatever he chooses. Greatest fullback I've seen play and great servant to the sport.

He's sensational. But all this 'greatest FB ever' talk is bullshit. Graham Eadie wasn't that long ago, not was Langlands.

TheFrog

Coach
The last time the Melbourne Storm fair dinkum lost a footy game not affected by Origin in the allotted time was round 10 against the Titans, who somehow managed to score 38 against them. Early May that was. That being the case, it was quite amusing to read that bookmakers were facing a wipeout if the Cowboys won. An awful lot of fools and their money were parted on what was a foregone conclusion, it seems.

Having said that the Storm did get away with murder in the ruck on those few occasions the Cows got near their line. This is really something the game needs to do something about. It is not the only time this finals series a team has cheated in this manner to avoid being scored against. It's a blight on the game. The bin has to be used. It was used in reserve grade.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
The last time the Melbourne Storm fair dinkum lost a footy game not affected by Origin in the allotted time was round 10 against the Titans, who somehow managed to score 38 against them. Early May that was. That being the case, it was quite amusing to read that bookmakers were facing a wipeout if the Cowboys won. An awful lot of fools and their money were parted on what was a foregone conclusion, it seems.

Having said that the Storm did get away with murder in the ruck on those few occasions the Cows got near their line. This is really something the game needs to do something about. It is not the only time this finals series a team has cheated in this manner to avoid being scored against. It's a blight on the game. The bin has to be used. It was used in reserve grade.

Yep
It is probably harder to score a metre out than 20 metres out.
The storm will give away a penalty without a worry.
There was one point last night where they gave away about 3 in a row.
No sin bin.

beave

Coach
Congrats to the Storm and all their fans.

Too good for us last night and the comp for the whole season, simply a level above everyone else.

My boys and fans should hold their heads high. When the ‘cowboys’ chant went up last night at the stadium I had goosebumps. To have that many NQ fans come down for this game, I don’t think it should be lost on the rugby league community just how much that team means to all of us that are from there or has claimed them as ‘our team’. We’ll cop shit for the one sided nature of that game but it’s water off a ducks back for mine.

The way the club has handled itself the last 3 years since Greeny has come onboard has been exactly the way we’ve all wanted our club run and act in the public eye. The days of blaming the refs and the conspiracy bullshit that followed a loss the previous coach was very happy to point out, are thankfully long gone.

Proud of my team.

Last edited: