What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 34-6 Cowboys @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DC_fan

Coach
Being judged the greatest player comes with a certain decorum with it such as being a fair player.

Slater will never be named as an immortal,and the powers they be know this.So they tokenly give him a CCM for compensation.

You are so funny

carcharias

Immortal
Congrats to the Storm and all their fans.

Too good for us last night and the comp for the whole season, simply a level above everyone all season.

My boys and fans should hold their heads high. When the ‘cowboys’ chant went up last night at the stadium I had goosebumps. To have that many NQ fans come down for this game, I don’t think it should be lost on the rugby league community just how much that team means to everyone who has claimed them as ‘our team’. We’ll cop shit for the one sided nature of that game but it’s water off a ducks back for mine.

The way the club has handled itself the last 3 years since Greeny has come onboard has been exactly the way we’ve all wanted our club run and publicly acted. The days of blaming the refs and the conspiracy bullshit that the previous coach was very happy to point out are thankfully long gone.

Proud of my team.

It is hard enough to win a GF with 1 player missing ( ask the storm ) let alone your best ever player and best ever front rower.
Then to lose another top player in the 3rd minute.
...and then have a bullshit call go against you .

Green has mentioned it ...wonder if he'll cop a fine.

azza29

Juniors
It was fantastic to see so many NQ supporters there last night, and if the Storm hadn’t been playing I would have probably been cheering the Cowboys on instead. Definitely a lot to look forward to in 2018 for both clubs.

beave

Coach
It is hard enough to win a GF with 1 player missing ( ask the storm ) let alone your best ever player and best ever front rower.
Then to lose another top player in the 3rd minute.
...and then have a bullshit call go against you .

Green has mentioned it ...wonder if he'll cop a fine.

I havent seen the presser at all mate. I take it he was mentioning the ref interference on Martin? I thought it was a harsh call on us but what can we do?

DC_fan

Coach
I thought Billy was superb but I thought Smith was the best on ground....

Smith played well and I would not have been surprised if he received the award. Just that I thought Slater did a little better.

The difference between the beaten Storm of last year and the victors of this year,was Billy Slater

carcharias

Immortal
I havent seen the presser at all mate. I take it he was mentioning the ref interference on Martin? I thought it was a harsh call on us but what can we do?

Cowboys coach Paul Green says Josh Addo-Carr’s opening try should have been disallowed after claims five-eighth Te Maire Martin was blocked by referee Matt Cecchin as he attempted to come across in cover.

“I did (have an issue),” Green said. “I thought the ref knocked him (Martin) over and I reckon he would have made the tackle on Addo-Carr.

“It takes a bit of wind out of your sail, it’s against the run of play, and in a big game like that and against a really good team — I’ve said all along they’re the best team all year — so when you’re playing team like that, you can’t have things go against you like that.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ta...l/news-story/18f286939e026a406d60ad258e2d6647

azza29

Juniors
Green has a point, but it would be equally harsh for Melbourne to get a no try call on the back of referee obstruction. Martin might have caught JAC but it definitely wasn’t a sure thing.

carcharias

Immortal
Green has a point, but it would be equally harsh for Melbourne to get a no try call on the back of referee obstruction. Martin might have caught JAC but it definitely wasn’t a sure thing.

The player being impeded from being able to make the tackle is all that matters though.
The ref got in the way..absolutely.

Nerd

Bench
you know who is boring as bat shit to watch.........donkeys.... too many head high tackles.pure thugs.
You're just upset because you know it's true. Don't get me wrong the Storm were the best team all year and deserved to win the GF but the way they go into slow motion when defending their line just ruins the game. For some reason the refs have let them get away with it all year and I've noticed a few other teams including the Broncos have started to copy them.
I agree that the Broncos were shit this year though nothing to do with high tackles. By some of the scores put on us we obviously didn't even make it to the tackle let alone perform some high ones.

Nerd

Bench
Yep. Agreed. Didn't penalise WInterstein for his shoulder charge on Billy before Suli's knock on either.
Cecchin was the lead ref so not surprised this stuff was missed. Cecchin has been crap all year but somehow gets the GF, go figure.

carcharias

Immortal
Cecchin was the lead ref so not surprised this stuff was missed. Cecchin has been crap all year but somehow gets the GF, go figure.
Have you seen the others available?
No joke i saw Perenara booking a holiday just before the finals .
Klein got arseholed after that woeful effort in week one
The future didn't look too bright either
The bearded bloke in the earlier game missing a clear ball strip ,right in front of his face...twice.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
well that sucked.

Was either going to be a complete miracle or a walk over, cant really see any side beating Melbourne last night. Could have been 50-0 and would still be proud, what the boys achieved to get there was incredible and is a great sign of things to come.

Nerd

Bench
Have you seen the others available?
No joke i saw Perenara booking a holiday just before the finals .
Klein got arseholed after that woeful effort in week one
The future didn't look too bright either
The bearded bloke in the earlier game missing a clear ball strip ,right in front of his face...twice.
True and one of my biggest gripes with the refs in the last couple of years is that they have to be based in Sydney or they don't get a gig in the NRL. Not saying there are any better refs in Queensland but we will never know with this policy.

carcharias

Immortal
well that sucked.

Was either going to be a complete miracle or a walk over, cant really see any side beating Melbourne last night. Could have been 50-0 and would still be proud, what the boys achieved to get there was incredible and is a great sign of things to come.
It reminded me of the super league grand final.
Sharks were given no hope
Played at Brisbanes home ground
..and we got flogged accordingly.

Billythekid

First Grade
f**k that felt good.

No. The original sucked.

Other than saying get better taste I'd say that this movie is being made by Denis Villneuve and essentially every movie he's made has ranged from good to incredible. Can't wait.

You know what the best bit about tonight was ? This will be the absolute last time your fake club will win anything at all for the next 20-30 years. The big three are no more, and those mediocre Sydney clubs who have more years of history than you've taken a shit, will more than likely share the next 20-30 premierships between them, as they always have. Enjoy your time in the sun, it will be very short.

Cronk is gone but we still have smith and slater and a good squad around them. No doubt though in the next few years we're going to go through a big rebuild and we might struggle for a bit. Doesn't really change how i feel right now though.

Nerd

Bench
Cronk is gone but we still have smith and slater and a good squad around them. No doubt though in the next few years we're going to go through a big rebuild and we might struggle for a bit. Doesn't really change how i feel right now though.
With Cronk gone the Storm definitely won't be the machine they are now but barring injuries to Smith and Slater they're probably still good enough to win the big one again next year.

Latest posts