What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Qual Final, Sat - Storm 18-16 Eels @ AAMI

Finals Week 1: Storm v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Card Shark

Immortal
FK2xBNahoYXt0uiGCvfwj6HgDPxZG9MAnU8kXUamOSULSIIXaNcuuZ2g7qk06X8SqA1bqyQ5vsMn8_1ra0Em9hRpVgp9cjQ3hl7UV9I=w220-h220-nc

Shake it!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Made hard work of it and couldn't believe how everyone had written the in form eels off. Bad Decisions went both ways about equally. Storm failed to convert numerous chances and parra only really looked good against 12 men. Whoever plays them next it will be a tough game.

ed-grimley

Bench
Made hard work of it and couldn't believe how everyone had written the in form eels off. Bad Decisions went both ways about equally. Storm failed to convert numerous chances and parra only really looked good against 12 men. Whoever plays them next it will be a tough game.
Parra did a lot of dumb shit.
Addo-Carr is a twat.

footy75

Bench
Parra are going to go a fair way.

Well done Cameron for being a wonderful ambassador for this great game and our country.

natheel

Coach
Brad Arthur crying in the press conference about the bunker not looking at the possible forward pass in Storm's first try. No such concerns about the NFL pass to Radradra for his though. :rolleyes:

And the stupid merkin doesn't seem to understand that the video ref can't call forward passes

Because IF it did go forward and touch the parra players fingers then it would've been deemed a knock on by storm

moffla

Bench
Parra played as I expected. Came down with the intention of throwing the ball around with a bit of razzledazzle making them as unpredictable as possible.

It nearly paid off, and they would have beaten any other side yesterday. I reckon they're destined for the prelim and are huge chance of the GF.

As for my team, I'm under no illusions as to how lucky we got. Yes, there were decisions that favoured us but some of the outrage is ridiculous. People seem to forget about the obvious missed sin bins, and Parra's last try coming off a forward pass. But it's all part of the game, and the officiating needs to be looked at from all angles.

Anyway - for me that is a grand final preview, and we will have to be a lot better on October 1 if that's the case

Saxon

Bench
The video ref wouldn't be ruling on the forward pass. It would be whether it was touched. I thought he could've checked it. He could have said that the ball travelled forward, but ask to check if it was touched.

Because IF it did go forward and touch the parra players fingers then it would've been deemed a knock on by storm

The ref has to call the pass forward or not forward. Simple as that.
He can't send it to the bunker with "I don't know whether he passed it forward or not, so let's say that if an Eels player touched it the pass was ok, and if he didn't it wasn't".
Touchie and ref said pass was ok, therefore play on. Nothing that the video ref could rule on.

natheel

Coach
The ref has to call the pass forward or not forward. Simple as that.
He can't send it to the bunker with "I don't know whether he passed it forward or not, so let's say that if an Eels player touched it the pass was ok, and if he didn't it wasn't".
Touchie and ref said pass was ok, therefore play on. Nothing that the video ref could rule on.
They ruled it touched Eels pretty much ruling out the pass. But a previous decision similar to that they went to the bunker and said "lets see if x team touched it" they ruled that team touched it but it came forward out of the other teams hand when he passed it which then made it a knock on which could've been the case here

natheel

Coach
No it wouldn't because it was a pass and the video ref can't rule on that.
It was ruled in a previous game Dogs v eels. Kasiano passed it into a eels player then the dogs player caught it and went onto score they took it to the video ref and because it came forward out of kasianos hand and into the eels players hand it was deemed a knock on by Bulldogs there for no try

rockcod

Juniors
Who was the parra player undoing Griffins shoe laces in the scrum at about 60th minute? That's almost Maloney level stuff that.

Latest posts