What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R3 - Panthers 12-14 Roosters @ Pepper

Round 3: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWB

Bench
Sorry I didnt realuse fans werent allowed to be pissed off at blatant wrong calls literally being the reason they lost.

Hodkindon was sent for 10 because of a decision he claimed lost them the game. His team was behind and ut had no bearing on the scoreboard. This call did.

Nothing wrong with being pissed off and expressing it but if you're posting it 3 times on every single page you're probably going to get called out for sucking one too many lemons.

Add some balance & proportion to your posts, one forward pass wasn't the only reason you lost the game. Even in that one play where DWZ got caught flat footed and Moylan really should have put his body on the line and dived at the ball Penrith still hand plenty in their control they could have executed.

johns_reds

First Grade
It was forward all along. The correct decision would have been no try... and then it's not 3 tries to 1.

Simple mathematics. Roosters won byv2 on the back of a try that shpuld have been called forward.

I understand Queenslanders don't quiet grasp how mathematics work. Afterall if we had a Queenslander in the side he would have gone for the field goal to win while down by 2

Last time I checked 2-1 is still better, again panthers got leg ups all game and especially near the posts, roosters were better side and deserved win. End.of.story.

TheFrog

Coach
Two refs calls of try correctly overturned. If the refs had their way the Rooster would have won easy.

Danish

Referee
I agree that the pass wasn't as bad as it is being made out for but it was one of many 50/50 calls that went against us in the end.

What are the others?

You could try and claim the Manu one I suppose, but it would be a tough call to say a bloke having the ball kicked right into his chest/shoulder from 2m away was playing at it.

Other than that the only other "bad" calls would be stuff like the ref calling a try to JWH which was then correctly overturned by the bunker, the ref calling a try to DWZ which was also then correctly overturned by the bunker, and other stuff like that.

You can't complain about technically correct rulings just because refs sometimes in the past get them wrong

Valheru

Coach
I thought it was forward TBH but forward pass decisions are inconsistent at best and we benefited this time. The tackle at the end was a great defensive effort and not high.

On balance the roosters were the better side with a touch more sting in defence and the forwards rolling a bit better.

What are the others?

You could try and claim the Manu one I suppose, but it would be a tough call to say a bloke having the ball kicked right into his chest/shoulder from 2m away was playing at it.

Other than that the only other "bad" calls would be stuff like the ref calling a try to JWH which was then correctly overturned by the bunker, the ref calling a try to DWZ which was also then correctly overturned by the bunker, and other stuff like that.

You can't complain about technically correct rulings just because refs sometimes in the past get them wrong

by 50/50 calls i wasnt talking explicitly just about calls which denied tries. i meant calls in general such as the tupou one which, althought they didnt amount to anything, were still the wrong call

kbw

Bench
there were alot of high shots missed on both sides all game. It was like the referees decided that they would concentrate on markers and ignore high shots.

Besides that, I did enjoy the game some decent defence. But if the either side was any good with ball in hand they would have won by plenty. Penrith are simply a half decent (but overrated ) side that will struggle against good teams and will take a couple of years to get there. The Roosters are just dumb. If they get smart they will blow most teams off the park, if they continue to be stupid they will not trouble anyone at the end of the year

Danish

Referee
It was forward all along. The correct decision would have been no try... and then it's not 3 tries to 1.

Simple mathematics. Roosters won byv2 on the back of a try that shpuld have been called forward.

I understand Queenslanders don't quiet grasp how mathematics work. Afterall if we had a Queenslander in the side he would have gone for the field goal to win while down by 2

I'll give you some even simpler mathematics. It's called a scoreboard.

The game was played almost entirely in our end with you having 70% territory advantage for the match.... and you came up with 1 try right in the corner. If you can't score tries then you don't deserve to win.

If you want to watch teams winning by racking up penalty goals go watch f**king union

Reactions: OVP

Vic Mackey

Referee
You're gunna get bad calls. The panthers shut down the raid after the horrible not in touch call. If the fullback put his body on the line instead of jumping out of the way the forward pass would have been nullified.

forby

Juniors
When was the last time a player who had no involvement in the play is called offside? And surely the chasers were run off th ball as much ss in the roosters penalty in the first half.

Latest posts