What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R8 Sat - Cowboys 24-12 Knights @ 1300SMILES

Round 8: Cowboys v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Card Shark

Immortal
What the f**k has Brown done wrong in your opinion?

A side of Newcastle's lack of experience/talent doesn't have any business getting close to anyone and yet they've been in all bar one game this year.

Hasn't got results.

He got 1 result last year in a team he inherited yet had an offseason to mould. Fair enough, we all know the reasons.

He doesn't deserve such leniency this year.

If you accept losing, you will lose. He's got the knights faithful into accepting that.

Canard

Immortal
We aren't the most penalised team, but receive by far the least. We had 30 after 7 rounds, Newcastle next worst with 39. Year in and year out this happens.

The club is fully aware Tony Archer is behind this. He has a known hatred for the club going years back, as do his henchmen like Cummins whose wife a mate of mine works with. He asked her why he never gives us a fair go, without flinching she responded that he hates the Roosters.

Gavin Badger last year arrived at the SFS with his son decked out in Souths gear to ref us. Imagine a premier league ref coming to Old Trafford with his son wearing Man City gear. Would never happen. It was his way of sticking his middle finger at the Roosters. He proceeded to give us an absolute reaming that day. Cheating pricks the lot of them.

Haha.

Conspiracy theory!!

f**king Roosters fan and the woe is me act.

Card Shark

Immortal
Not being negative towards the knights...just that they deserve more.

It's truly sad for rugby league that they are struggling so horribly!

Noname36

First Grade
Hasn't got results.

He got 1 result last year in a team he inherited yet had an offseason to mould. Fair enough, we all know the reasons.

He doesn't deserve such leniency this year.

If you accept losing, you will lose. He's got the knights faithful into accepting that.

No he hasn't got results if you're equating results to wins alone - but he's got some serious improvement out of a very poor side.

The Knights were so off the pace last year compared to the rest of the comp all they can really do is compare against themselves and where they were last season and they've come a very long way. They're just really lacking a couple of quality players (that other clubs all have) to turn those close losses into wins.

He's trying his hardest to get those players too but at the end of the day the club can't force them to sign. They're going closer though than I expected.

Obviously if the side hasn't improved again by this time next year serious questions will be asked of him, as they well should be, but to hold Brown as the one responsible for the Knights being on the bottom of the ladder is absolutely ridiculous.

No other coach is going to get better results from this side I can assure you.

Apey

Staff member
There are a few sides in this comp who would give their left nut to compete as hard as Newcastle do, they just don't have the roster
If they give up their efforts we'll be back to getting smashed by 30+ each week. Worst roster by a long way.

Card Shark

Immortal
And they're trying. They can't physically force all the players they're trying to sign to sign though.

What's I'm saying mate is you have a good batch of players, albeit inexperienced.

Brown needs to get them understanding how to win.

He's nit doing that!

Card Shark

Immortal
No he hasn't got results if you're equating results to wins alone - but he's got some serious improvement out of a very poor side.

The Knights were so off the pace last year compared to the rest of the comp all they can really do is compare against themselves and where they were last season and they've come a very long way. They're just really lacking a couple of quality players (that other clubs all have) to turn those close losses into wins.

He's trying his hardest to get those players too but at the end of the day the club can't force them to sign. They're going closer though than I expected.

Obviously if the side hasn't improved again by this time next year serious questions will be asked of him, as they well should be, but to hold Brown as the one responsible for the Knights being on the bottom of the ladder is absolutely ridiculous.

No other coach is going to get better results from this side I can assure you.

That's where you are wrong. Last year the knights competed in many a game, i follow them closely being from Maitland & my 2nd team.

They just couldn't get the job done.

Don't accept "couldn't get the job done". Brown needs the to get the job done.

Card Shark

Immortal
And they're trying. They can't physically force all the players they're trying to sign to sign though.

I come from a losing club....f**k, we lost for 49 years. I've been following them for over 40 of them. I've suffered through 2 knights premierships before we got 1. What ya reckon about that eh????

It's f**king miserable when your life is rugby league & we were the perennial losers. We had other clubs going through worst patches....but we never got the job done.

Last year, we got the job done.
Don't accept not getting the job done, Newcastle is better than that.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I come from a losing club....f**k, we lost for 49 years. I've been following them for over 40 of them. I've suffered through 2 knights premierships before we got 1. What ya reckon about that eh????

It's f**king miserable when your life is rugby league & we were the perennial losers. We had other clubs going through worst patches....but we never got the job done.

Understand your point. So we sack Brown who do we hire that will make us winners. Bennett?

Noname36

First Grade
What's I'm saying mate is you have a good batch of players, albeit inexperienced.

Brown needs to get them understanding how to win.

He's nit doing that!

How do you know he's not trying to do that?

Are you present for their training sessions?

You can lead a horse to water and all that...

Do you know what gets wins? Experience, composure and talent.

If you think the Knights roster has those elements then you're not watching the same team most are. Their captain today was 20 FFS.

Card Shark

Immortal
I don't know he's not doing it...how would I?

But I can see the results.

You have a salary cap, it's hard to attract players, but you still have good $.

Don't want argue with you....but where has & is this club going wrong?

Noname36

First Grade

Do you know how you got the job done?

You went out and bought a talented and experienced roster.

Do you know what Nathan Brown's first step in his rebuild was? He went out and head hunted Darren Mooney who rebuilt the Sharks squad. Difference is it's much more difficult for us to recruit being out of Sydney.

Do you really think Brown currently has the same type of roster than Flanno did last year? LOL.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't know he's not doing it...how would I?

But I can see the results.

The club went wrong 6 years ago and Brown is trying to fix it from the bottom up.

I don't want to argue with you either because you clearly have very little awareness of what has been going on at the Knights for a long period now which is surprisingly given where you live.

Card Shark

Immortal
Do you know how you got the job done?

You went out and bought a talented and experienced roster.

Do you know what Nathan Brown's first step in his rebuild was? He went out and head hunted Darren Mooney who rebuilt the Sharks squad. Difference is it's much more difficult for us to recruit being out of Sydney.

Do you really think Brown currently has the same type of roster than Flanno did last year? LOL.

We were wooden spooners 3 years ago....& forever losers before that.

Newcastle have built their roster, brown has had a while to fix it.

Newcastle & the hunter is a greats place to live. You & I both no that.

Don't let that be an excuse.

macavity

Referee
I

The Rugby League recruitment world has changed a lot in the past 18-24 months - hell in the past 6 months.

Couple a one off big salary cap jump with an explosion of dodgy TPAs, and you get a relatively small number of clubs in a position to monopolise top-tier talent.

Cap $ doesn't mean much right now.

Card Shark

Immortal
The club went wrong 6 years ago and Brown is trying to fix it from the bottom up.

I don't want to argue with you either because you clearly have very little awareness of what has been going on at the Knights for a long period now which is surprisingly given where you live.

Of course I know, from a rugby league fans point of view but not an insider.

I'm sorry mate, I am the same as you, I want better for the knights, but obviously not as much.

I just don't think they should be going this bad (with results) 2 years running. The knights are better than that, their performances in numerous games has underlined that.

But f**k me, they have to start winning mate. Brown is not getting them to win. I get the feeling the results (close games) are by heart, not by head.