What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R9 - Broncos 32-18 Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Round 9: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
McGuire wasn't trying to strip it, Wallace simply dropped it, it hit McGuire's arm hence making it a knock on

Take the glasses off boys before you do self-harm

Rod

Bench
I'm not one to defend the Broncos but I can see how the Bunker came to that decision. The referee asked the Bunker whether McGuire stripped it, not whether he touched it or not. As someone already pointed out, if that happens on the halfway line it's a knock-on.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm not one to defend the Broncos but I can see how the Bunker came to that decision. The referee asked the Bunker whether McGuire stripped it, not whether he touched it or not. As someone already pointed out, if that happens on the halfway line it's a knock-on.

Last week the only thing the ref asked was whether or not Milford grounded it.

And if what happens on the 50m line is the criteria then again, how do you explain last week?

Frankus

Juniors
Did Kevin Walters just say he likes his anal? f**k me dead I wish these ex players would be given some elocution lessons.

wibble

Bench
Lol how was that a try, that happens on 50m line it is a knock on, McGuire didn't strip the ball, Wallace had loose carry, knock on any day of the week

The issue is if Wallace's arm came free from the ball before McGuire hit the ball. It clearly didn't, so McGuire has knocked it out.

When one player hangs on to it until the other hits it out it is not a knock on, in any part of the field. It may be called that because it is dodgy possession, but that would be a mistake by the referees according to the rules we have been living under in the NRL for years.

But the bunker doesn't have the excuse, and additionally needed to find sufficient evidence that Wallace dropped it. I think you shouldn't be rewarded for losing possession, but teams always are, unless they play the Broncos apparently.

Latest posts