What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - A - W1 - AUS 18-4 ENG @ Melbourne

Result: AUS v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
England had two crucial moments to at least tie the game up and blew both of them.

I don't know if you can coach calmness under pressure.

King hit

Coach
That was a good start to the Cup. England really came to play and made Australia work hard for their win. The 14 point margin isn't a fair reflection of the game as England bombed a couple of chances and didn't take the opportunities in the second half.

Hope it's the start of a competitive tournament

roughyedspud

Coach
I'm taking a lot out of that 2nd half performance by England,that Dugan interception aside we dominated that 2nd half....hodgson at 7 needs to be explored more against France and Lebanon...

We looked so much better down the right side when it went hodgson>widdop..than when gale has the ball running players out the game!

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Beggars belief why there isn't a neutral ref. Any ref could make that crucial and incorrect call but only rugby league could piss on it's own boots by having a non neutral ref make it.

Northern

Juniors
Sam taken off only as a precaution according to BBC quoting "the camp."

Our wingers looked good. Got to pleased with the second half, coming back off the ropes in the first. Many a time England would have collapsed in the last 20. England did OK and gave Aussies something to think about.

Evil Homer

Staff member
f**k England v Australia matches are just a pointless exercise until we get neutral refs. Looking forward to the other matches in the tournament a lot more for that reason alone

Northern

Juniors
I do think the ref gave all 50/50 decisions Aussie way. That can happen in a game, but the fact he was Aussie just doesn't help the game. End up, England had a couple of chances and could actually have won the game, but ref's calls hurt us.

carcharias

Immortal
Should’ve been a penalty to Morgan
He got shoulder charged off the ball
Straight up penalty
Checcinin the steaming pile of useless refereeing shite should’ve just blown the whistle.
Instead we had some dope who sounded like a Pom make all the excuses under The Sun to not penalise.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I do think the ref gave all 50/50 decisions Aussie way. That can happen in a game, but the fact he was Aussie just doesn't help the game. End up, England had a couple of chances and could actually have won the game, but ref's calls hurt us.
Ashleigh Klein is the best ref but he's an Aussie. Ever since he reffed the game where the kiwis won the RLWC, he's been ranked lowly. He's a good single ref though.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Is Lomax the best fullback in England? In my eyes he is not up to standard (although may have just had a bad night).