What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - QF2 - NZL 2-4 FIJ @ Wellington

QF Result: NZL v FIJ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
This might be a feel good moment but it is not good for the game. Minnows pushing the games powers to the limit is good for the game but having two nations of bugger all population that are really Rah Rah nations beat a major power is plain embarrassing.
Does this help the game in NZ .....No. I would rather a strong NZ than a nation of less population than Auckland.
This post reeks of the culture of American sport.

thorson1987

Coach
I have always thought Kidwell is a dope.

The second he walked into the place he has spouted a whole lot Polynesian pride bullshit. Taking the captaincy from Mannering and giving it to Blair is just part and parcel of that.

How do you build a winning culture with such thinly veiled racism?

tbf, he took it off Mannering and gave it to Bromwich, who isn't really a bad choice, but giving it to Blair for the World Cup was a stupid decision.

ULYSSES

Juniors
Massive in proportionate representation in Rugby League, obviously
NO my boy. That does not pay the bills or generate the TV viewers. The first world pays the bills which generates the game. Not racist just economics. Grow the game in Europe or forever stay a minnow. Look at the demographics not the romantics. Harsh but true.

butchmcdick

Immortal
What a stunning match. For me, NZ looked absolutely bereft of ideas. Major disappointment for me was Shaun Johnson. Don't mean to take anything away from Fiji, but they will have to make another massive step up next week.

As a lover and supporter of international league I want to be excited by this result, but somehow feel a little low. Great for the competition, but not sure NZ looking 3rd rate is great for our game. Just my initial reaction.

Also, how come such a feeble crowd?

Since they installed ramps and lifts a lot more of the elderly can attend games

butchmcdick

Immortal
I am astonished he was afforded a second chance after Scotland. That was comical. NZRL are in a world of hurt. Financially things aren't good and the standards they continue to support are awful.

As much as I'm happy for Tonga and Fiji, I still have fears for the sustainability of NZRL from an organisational perspective. Given Australia limit themselves to playing England and NZ, I think NZ falling apart and not having the acumen to repair itself, its a concern I think.

Let the mad butcher run it

He's f**king mmmmmaaaaaddddd

parrawentyfan

Juniors
We should have added a second NZ team a decade ago. When the Warriors stagnate for years it impacts badly on the Kiwis and the vibe of NZRL. All our eggs in one basket.

Pity the Orcas never got the green light. I'm sure we would have had a better crowd had we engaged Wellington properly in recent years.

edabomb

First Grade
Will SJ be cast away like Benji after this tournament? Jesus I think Josh McCrone is even a level above him these days.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
This might be a feel good moment but it is not good for the game. Minnows pushing the games powers to the limit is good for the game but having two nations of bugger all population that are really Rah Rah nations beat a major power is plain embarrassing.
Does this help the game in NZ .....No. I would rather a strong NZ than a nation of less population than Auckland.

You realize that Australia made the final of the last yawnion world cup and nobody in Australia gives a f**k about the sport.

SBD82

Coach
NO my boy. That does not pay the bills or generate the TV viewers. The first world pays the bills which generates the game. Not racist just economics. Grow the game in Europe or forever stay a minnow. Look at the demographics not the romantics. Harsh but true.
A large proportion of Tongan, Fijian and Samoan supporters live in the first world.

Latest posts