What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - SF2 - TON 18-20 ENG @ Auckland

Semi Final Result: TON v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2D2

Bench
But the no try call was for double movement, he didn’t ask for the grounding to be checked.
doesnt matter you pommy bastard if it goes up as no try no matter the reason, there must be clear footage of EVERYTHING to prove a try, there was no footage showing the grounding and your english ref did not follow the system in place.
Tonga were ripped of the entire game by bullshit refereeing.

Vee

First Grade
But the no try call was for double movement, he didn’t ask for the grounding to be checked.
Exactly. And a different standard the NRL where groundings are routinely checked.

The only wiggle room would be if Ceccin had said he was happy with the grounding and but thought it was a dm.

Vee

First Grade
65m in and finally one team produces a decent kick, i.e. more than a kick and hope.

Luke Gale is the architect and Fusitua, trapped in the ingoal does really well to get it to Hopoate but the English defense is all over him as well.

Good footy all round.

Front-Rower

First Grade
And a different standard the NRL where groundings are routinely checked.

Ben Thaler did check the grounding. He quite clearly said that he was of the opinon that the ball had been grounded when reviewing the try.

Vee

First Grade
Ben Thaler did check the grounding. He quite clearly said that he was of the opinon that the ball had been grounded when reviewing the try.
Different standard to the NRL. Depends on what the ref said, if he didn't say,"I'm happy with the grounding.", the VR has to check, and then there has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the decision. IMO, there wasn't.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Different standard to the NRL. Depends on what the ref said, if he didn't say,"I'm happy with the grounding.", the VR has to check, and then there has to be conclusive evidence to overturn the decision. IMO, there wasn't.

From memory Checcin asked to check for a double movement. Once the double movement was cleared Thaler moved through to the groudning, made a comment to say the ball had been grounded there and he was awarding the try.

Pommy

Coach
I have just watched that try again and I don’t know how anyone can really dispute it wasn’t grounded.

Vee

First Grade
From memory Checcin asked to check for a double movement. Once the double movement was cleared Thaler moved through to the groudning, made a comment to say the ball had been grounded there and he was awarding the try.
Well, he was wrong. There was no conclusive evidence (NRL standard) to overturn the decision.

moffla

Bench
The ongoing debate about whether it was a try or not probably shows the ref made the correct call. Even if it went up to Video ref, it probably would have stayed no try. It's hard not to get caught up in the emotion and context of the game, but Tonga wasn't robbed - 70 mins of shit football cost them the game.

This Year?

Immortal
Tonga should have won the game but didn't convert enough of their opportunities. They gave England one helluva scare at the end and the atmosphere was absolutely outstanding. It was by far the best game of the tournament to date.

Latest posts