What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Year in Review

Curns13

Juniors
I thought it would be good to have a place to talk all about the year that was. Any thoughts you have about 2017, share them here.

Curns13

Juniors
My 2017 thoughts:

Negative

- GI’s injury killed our season before it even began.
- The twins were absolutely hopeless until it was too late to make anything of our season.
- Reyno is not the player we all hoped he’d be. He hasn’t added any other stings to his bow and his kicking game was the worst it has ever been. He is barely a top 10 halfback anymore and is still very injury prone.
- Lack of development from many other players. Turner, Clarke, Hunt and even Cody Walker made few strides to be better than they were last year.
- Our 2018 spine has spent almost no time developing combinations at all. Obviously the GI injury was a huge part of that, but how many games did we have Cook, Reyno and Cody playing at 9,7 and 6? It just seems like a wasted year for our spine. We should never have gotten Farah (not that Cook is a star or anything) and should have played AJ at fullback no matter how much he struggled so that Reyno and Cosy could form a partnership.

Positive

- We have developed some of our really young talent. We have found 2 genuine stars in Chrichton and Murray, while Musgrove, Fui, Graham and even Jennings have shown enough to say they will all be regular first graders.
- AJ finally showed he may just be capable of playing fullback (about f**king time!).
- The under 20’s started so poorly but came home really strong. Some good kids coming through there.

Curns13’ 2018 Round 1 team:

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Gagai
5. Graham
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Sam
11. Fui
12. Crichton
13. Murray
14. Sutto
15. Turner
16. Musgrove
17. George

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
My 2017 thoughts:

Negative

- GI’s injury killed our season before it even began.
- The twins were absolutely hopeless until it was too late to make anything of our season.
- Reyno is not the player we all hoped he’d be. He hasn’t added any other stings to his bow and his kicking game was the worst it has ever been. He is barely a top 10 halfback anymore and is still very injury prone.
- Lack of development from many other players. Turner, Clarke, Hunt and even Cody Walker made few strides to be better than they were last year.
- Our 2018 spine has spent almost no time developing combinations at all. Obviously the GI injury was a huge part of that, but how many games did we have Cook, Reyno and Cody playing at 9,7 and 6? It just seems like a wasted year for our spine. We should never have gotten Farah (not that Cook is a star or anything) and should have played AJ at fullback no matter how much he struggled so that Reyno and Cosy could form a partnership.

Positive

- We have developed some of our really young talent. We have found 2 genuine stars in Chrichton and Murray, while Musgrove, Fui, Graham and even Jennings have shown enough to say they will all be regular first graders.
- AJ finally showed he may just be capable of playing fullback (about f**king time!).
- The under 20’s started so poorly but came home really strong. Some good kids coming through there.

Curns13’ 2018 Round 1 team:

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Hunt
4. Gagai
5. Graham
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Sam
11. Fui
12. Crichton
13. Murray
14. Sutto
15. Turner
16. Musgrove
17. George

I like it but I think you've got the wrong twin in the 17. Tom has been better than George. George has been close to useless this year.

Curns13

Juniors
I like it but I think you've got the wrong twin in the 17. Tom has been better than George. George has been close to useless this year.
Couldn't agree more (and yeah, I did have Tom in the 8). George, Turner and Hunt may not last too long in their spots. I would have no problem if Clark or Cherrington took George's spot, if Talaki, Britt or Gos took Turner's or if Jennings replaced Hunt.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Couldn't agree more (and yeah, I did have Tom in the 8). George, Turner and Hunt may not last too long in their spots. I would have no problem if Clark or Cherrington took George's spot, if Talaki, Britt or Gos took Turner's or if Jennings replaced Hunt.

Oh yeah I completely missed it hahaha I was a bit drunk to be fair. I reckon gos could easily force his way into the 17. He has really worked hard and he has that same work ethic as Crichton.!

Latest posts