What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Chook Norris

First Grade
Gee that's one poor looking crowd. The state of Australia vs NZ matches in terms of interest must be at an all time low

abc

Juniors
Define interesting.

This was an interesting chart posted originally on NRL subreddit earlier today (https://i.redd.it/25awwp9tcur11.jpg)

View attachment 24138

- Data-driven look at results
- Trend comparisons against major milestones like new or removing teams, new or retiring stadiums, comparisons to similar competitions, major changes to organization structures, etc.
- Also 50 year long-term look at trends and not just the 1yr or 5 yr vacuums we look at here, where there can be a lot of short-term noise

El Diablo

Post Whore
Pretty dissapointing crowd given how rarely nz fans get to cheer on their country. Tongans will show the kiwis how it’s done.
tenor.gif

jim_57

Staff member
Worse crowd figure that I could have imagined.

Well, they missed an epic.

They'll be back if Kiwis put in more efforts like they did today. Said it in the game thread people seemed to forget Kidwell wasn't the coach anymore and Kiwis have a pretty handy side.

If they play Tonga next year mid-year it could be anything, 40k+ at Eden park or a sold out Mt Smart is the only hard decision to be made.

beave

Coach
They'll be back if Kiwis put in more efforts like they did today. Said it in the game thread people seemed to forget Kidwell wasn't the coach anymore and Kiwis have a pretty handy side.

If they play Tonga next year mid-year it could be anything, 40k+ at Eden park or a sold out Mt Smart is the only hard decision to be made.

You’d have to go Eden Park surely??

Side note, I wish Mt Smarts northern end would have some money spent on it.

whall15

Coach
Terrible venue for rugby league, easts modest crowds are going to fall through the floor after winning a title. Should have played half of them on the CC.

They should move the field as close as they can to the largest stand and set up temporary stands if they have to for increased capacity.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The problem with Roos-Kiwis games is that there is no buildup before the game and no meaning afterwards.

I think the only this that can salvage the rivalry is a yearly 3-game series. Rep footy has HUGE potential, but it is a perminant after thought and fans can see that.

Chook Norris

First Grade
The problem with Roos-Kiwis games is that there is no buildup before the game and no meaning afterwards.

I think the only this that can salvage the rivalry is a yearly 3-game series. Rep footy has HUGE potential, but it is a perminant after thought and fans can see that.
Agreed.

We should be playing more regular internationals but i think a barrier to that is how long the NRL season currently is. Have the RLIF come together and discussed the schedule for the next few years yet?

If international rugby league is to expand successfully it needs to capture the momentum from the last RLWC. For it do that it needs to play more games and the NRL needs to shorten its season.. but we know that probably won't happen

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
They should move the field as close as they can to the largest stand and set up temporary stands if they have to for increased capacity.

Won’t really be able to do that with the Swans still there as a tenant, the cost of setting up/pulling down the temporary stands over the course of a season would be prohibitive.

Suitman

Post Whore
To give people an idea of how bad it's going to be at the SCG, below is a pic of how the ground is setup for the A-League derby in two weeks.
It's shit for any rectangular sport.

Fire

First Grade
- Data-driven look at results
- Trend comparisons against major milestones like new or removing teams, new or retiring stadiums, comparisons to similar competitions, major changes to organization structures, etc.
- Also 50 year long-term look at trends and not just the 1yr or 5 yr vacuums we look at here, where there can be a lot of short-term noise
Did you put that together?

If so, nice work.

Really shows what damage the 'Super League War' did to our game.

Reactions: abc

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I had zero clue there was even a Aus/NZ game on this weekend so im not surprised nobody in NZ did either and didn't show up to the game

Latest posts