What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Grand Final Entertainment

PARRA_FAN

Coach
There's always that argument that AFL wins the entertainment cause they have bigger names than ours. Wait and see what happens on the day.

I mean I dont know if their acts would be better live.

Gangs of Youth are apparently pretty good live. So I'm not gonna be critical of the NRL. Probably a good choice.

I was a little bit critical of when they got Macklemore but after seeing him live on the night I didnt seem to mind it, even if I'm not a fan of his music.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was a little bit critical of when they got Macklemore but after seeing him live on the night I didnt seem to mind it, even if I'm not a fan of his music.
Macklemore was fantastic last year - at least on TV - it was a real show and from the broadcast it really seemed like everyone was enjoying it at the ground. Both codes killed it last year with the entertainment (AFL had The Killers).

This year they've got Barnesy and a Fergie-less Black Eyed Pears so I'm not sure how that's gonna go. Time will tell. But GoY are a great Aussie band so hopefully they do well.

carcharias

Immortal
Macklemore was fantastic last year - at least on TV - it was a real show and from the broadcast it really seemed like everyone was enjoying it at the ground. Both codes killed it last year with the entertainment (AFL had The Killers).

This year they've got Barnesy and a Fergie-less Black Eyed Pears so I'm not sure how that's gonna go. Time will tell. But GoY are a great Aussie band so hopefully they do well.

The killers nailed it
They did their homework
They connected with Aussie audiences by playing a classic Aussie bands song that had lyrics that completely suited the occasion.
They knew the players names.

Macklemore was more worried about making a statement.

Haffa

Are we getting the chic from the QRL GF to sing her mash-up WTF national anthem?

insert.pause

First Grade
Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
DoEEsKXU0AAjKX8

Gilligan doing his best Clinton impersonation on a contestant from the Voice Phillipines (no joke).

carcharias

Immortal
Que?

'No' voters were more worried about making a statement. Without them, there's no story last year.

He changed the lyrics during the song “same love”.
A clear reference to the gay vote .

I don’t give a shit...but that is making a statement.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He changed the lyrics during the song “same love”.
A clear reference to the gay vote .

I don’t give a shit...but that is making a statement.
What lyric?

No lyrics were changed within the song, he said 'equality for all' after the song.

Why does that trouble you so much?

carcharias

Immortal
What lyric?

No lyrics were changed within the song, he said 'equality for all' after the song.

Why does that trouble you so much?

Yes he did
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-issues-emotional-plea-during-nrl-grand-final

He changed lyrics
He made a statement after directed at the impending gay vote.
The rainbow coloured fireworks and balloons looked a lot like a statement to me.

I’ve got nothing against gay people
Ive gig two mates who are gay
I’ve voted yes for gay marriage.

It was a statement.
It was unnecessary .

Latest posts