What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
Just go back to something like this plz. Kthnxbye

10990617_984400128294852_205800801_n.jpg

T-Boon

Coach
I can't say I'm too worried about boots.

I don't think anyone is saying the boot issue is a big issue/crisis or anything.

It is more just another small thing similar to 1. massive sponsorship ads on the jerseys that are 3 times the size of the club badge and 2. jersey designs changing every 5 minutes.

Clubs should try to bring some standards in that increase club pride and dignity that fans can recognise and connect to. I'd be saying to the players "sure, you and your manager can whore yourself around to every club and code you like, go where the money is but when you play for this club you dress this way and....shave those damn side burns."

T-Boon

Coach
I wonder if clubs have ever thought about doing away with a major jersey sponsor and selling space on individual jerseys. Would they make more?
So for example for the Roosters the sponsor on Cronk's number 7 jersey might be coke 100k (small ad). For Cordner it might be red bull small ad 70k, for Pearce RSPCA small ad $50k. etc.
Then for Parra: Haynes number 6 jersey coke $100k, Gutherson's number 1 $50k. etc
Sounds crazy but if it got the clubs more for smaller ads I would look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts