What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Had the NBL not beaten the ARL to the punch, Nth Qld Crocs would have been perfect.

Gold Coast Pirates was an option being floated around after the Redcliffe drama: coast + MovieWorld.

Oooh, that’s not entirely correct mate. The NBL team were called the Suns up until 1998. So the name was available for them, and infact very early on, they were pushing for that name to be used but a Union club in Sarina uses the same name and had a bitch so they dropped it and went for Cowbs.

But yeah, totally agree it would have been a killer name...... pardon the pun.

GAZF

First Grade
Oooh, that’s not entirely correct mate. The NBL team were called the Suns up until 1998. So the name was available for them, and infact very early on, they were pushing for that name to be used but a Union club in Sarina uses the same name and had a bitch so they dropped it and went for Cowbs.

That sucks, I can get if a team like Redcliffe fights the adoption of their name since they might possibly join the NRL in the future but a local union club in Townsville has next to no chance of making the big leagues. May as well kick up a stink if a new club happens to have the same name as your local pub darts team.

jim_57

Staff member

Just to clarify, Sarina Crocodiles are a League club. Not sure why they'd protest though, if every local club blocked NRL clubs using their names we'd have no options left, the NQ bid should have just ignored them.

gzerounian

Juniors
We had a similar discussion 4 years ago about the Cowboys logo which some of you may still remember. This is what I cam up with back then. In hindsight I think its too busy, but there are lots of things you can do with "cowboys" other than just sticking some horns over the top of what essentially is the Dallas Cowboys logo. Even a simple silhouette of the horns with no star. Like the Souths Rabbit and the the original Eastern Suburbs Rooster.

2z724wk.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
USA Today have a site (wire) dedicated to each NFL team. They have their own logos made up for each of the clubs. This is the one from "Cowboys Wire" that I have re-coloured. Our press do a similar thing for TV and the papers but they usually just use a small jersey or a logo with V's like fox league does.It would be great if they got imaginative and created alternate logos. I know the opening sequence of channel 9 football last year or the year before featured fierce animated versions of all the mascots which I thought were very creative.

cowboysnavicon.jpg

beave

Coach
^ at least that Panther actually looks like a f**kin panther. The current Penrith one is a disgrace.

beave

Coach
USA Today have a site (wire) dedicated to each NFL team. They have their own logos made up for each of the clubs. This is the one from "Cowboys Wire" that I have re-coloured. Our press do a similar thing for TV and the papers but they usually just use a small jersey or a logo with V's like fox league does.It would be great if they got imaginative and created alternate logos. I know the opening sequence of channel 9 football last year or the year before featured fierce animated versions of all the mascots which I thought were very creative.

View attachment 17826

Duck face is strong with that Cowboy....

What about making that cowboy hat grey instead of yellow, the face white instead of grey and keep the hanky yellow?

Knightmare

Coach
God why?!! The black and silver was their worst combination of colours/uniforms.
Warriors should either go back to 95 colours, or keep the black, swap the red for green, with hints of blue like a Paua Shell. And incorporate more Maori design elements.

Black and white are the colours of the Kiwi's, and while the Warriors represent the NZ presence in the NRL completion they need a point of differentiation.

Having the black for NZ and then grey for a secondary colour keeps the palette simple and made an effective home/ away combo. The original colours while a nod to tradition, are more complex (4 different colours) is less distinctive from a marketing perspective.

Stallion

First Grade
Black and white are the colours of the Kiwi's, and while the Warriors represent the NZ presence in the NRL completion they need a point of differentiation.

Having the black for NZ and then grey for a secondary colour keeps the palette simple and made an effective home/ away combo. The original colours while a nod to tradition, are more complex (4 different colours) is less distinctive from a marketing perspective.

However the green, blue , red & white were and are a distinctive combination.. Many clubs have mistakenly used grey which is a fairly bland colour in its own right.

Canard

Immortal

I thought it was the Townsville Union rep team name? That was the issue.

I would have liked Crocs, but Crushers fitted so well with NQ it's not funny.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
We had a similar discussion 4 years ago about the Cowboys logo which some of you may still remember. This is what I cam up with back then. In hindsight I think its too busy, but there are lots of things you can do with "cowboys" other than just sticking some horns over the top of what essentially is the Dallas Cowboys logo. Even a simple silhouette of the horns with no star. Like the Souths Rabbit and the the original Eastern Suburbs Rooster.

View attachment 17825

Ahhhh, i remember this...

Your right that its a bit busy. Maybe use colour gradients to do the sunset. Also, the shield inside a shield looks like too much.

The core idea is solid though.

flippikat

Bench
It’s such a shame Redcliffe blocked th dolphins

gold-coast-chargers-home-shirt-2004-s_920_1.jpg

Regardless of the name debacle - and I think Redcliffe should "put up (an NRL bid) or shut up (and let someone else use the Dolphin nickname)" - why oh why did they dump the turquoise and orange colours as well?

It would have been far more distinctive in the NRL than the Titans current EelShark mix.

(Edit) Actually, with them using less and less yellow these days, it's just getting closer and closer to Gold Coast Sharks. Heyyyy.... now there's an idea......

Status
Not open for further replies.