What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R1 Sun - Titans 30-28 Raiders @ Cbus Super

Round 1: Titans v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
I really felt for the raiders. Then i realised how many times they've arsily beat us in the final seconds of games.
Yes, arsily is a word now.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
when you kick the ball into an opposing player who is 3 metres out from his line

that goes forward to another opposing player who picks it up 5 metres out from his line
that’s offside

Have another beer Dave.

Doesn’t matter where he picks it up. It’s where he is standing when it comes off his teammate.

Anyway whatever, Raiders led by 18 after a few minutes. Shouldn’t have come down to a line ball offside call.

GAZF

First Grade
They do seem to get reamed by the refs more often than any other team, and Im a Tigers fan.
They copped it again tonight...several times they should have been awarded penalties only for Carbonara to make his own rules...last play all the Titans were offside...they shouldve had a chance to level it
This really annoys me with our game now too many bad ref decisions determining results
Raiders are good enough at defeating themselves, without the help of the blind society.

We often seem to have that extra mistake in us at critical moments, and lack the special play to dig our way out of the shit. Results in large patches of the game with no ball.

skeepe

Immortal
Well played Titans, stuck at it until the end and had the bounce of the ball go your way. Two points are two points whether you get them through a flogging or a lucky win.

I could mention the “knock on” by Leilua that was clearly stripped, the “knock on” by Sezer that went behind him while he was running backwards, the knock on by Proctor that was much worse but wasn’t called, the non-call of the offside, the fact that Ryan James lost the ball in the tackle immediately before the winning try, the fact that Sezer was penalised for getting caught in the play the ball but when a Titan did, Perenara said “play on, it’s the same as up the other end”, or the fact that the entire Titans team was in front of the referee on the final play which should have given us a penalty right in front, but I won’t because those things happen every game and you need to be able to rise above it.

Well played Titans.

Saxon

Bench
Well played Titans, stuck at it until the end and had the bounce of the ball go your way. Two points are two points whether you get them through a flogging or a lucky win.

I could mention the “knock on” by Leilua that was clearly stripped, the “knock on” by Sezer that went behind him while he was running backwards, the knock on by Proctor that was much worse but wasn’t called, the non-call of the offside, the fact that Ryan James lost the ball in the tackle immediately before the winning try, the fact that Sezer was penalised for getting caught in the play the ball but when a Titan did, Perenara said “play on, it’s the same as up the other end”, or the fact that the entire Titans team was in front of the referee on the final play which should have given us a penalty right in front, but I won’t because those things happen every game and you need to be able to rise above it.

Well played Titans.
Who are you, and what have you done with skeepe?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Have another beer Dave.

Doesn’t matter where he picks it up. It’s where he is standing when it comes off his teammate.

Anyway whatever, Raiders led by 18 after a few minutes. Shouldn’t have come down to a line ball offside call.

hahahaha
oh dear god
know something about the laws of our game if you wish to comment in here

its where he makes intentional contact with a ball in relation to the last person on his side making contact before him

K : )

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Refs were fine IMO.

Lost due to some baffling interchange decisions. Sezer at hooker was just all sorts of wrong and Stick doesn't like to admit when something doesn't work, so he let it go on way too long.

Can't take credit away from the Titans though. Once they clicked they went on with it. I was just surprised how bad they were in the first 20.

skeepe

Immortal
Refs were fine IMO.

Lost due to some baffling interchange decisions. Sezer at hooker was just all sorts of wrong and Stick doesn't like to admit when something doesn't work, so he let it go on way too long.

Can't take credit away from the Titans though. Once they clicked they went on with it. I was just surprised how bad they were in the first 20.

Papalii’s double pump and forward pass was the turning point. He gives it to Croker earlier and we’re 24-0 after 15 minutes and probably go on with it.

Jason Maher

Immortal
hahahaha
oh dear god

its where he makes intentional contact with a ball in relation to the last person on his side making contact before him

Wrong. It is where the player was positioned with respect to his team mate at the time the ball was kicked/passed/otherwise propelled towards the opponents goal line. If he was in front, he is offside and cannot become involved in the play until placing himself onside by retiring behind his team mate (or his team mate moving past him down field).

no name

Coach
The Raiders did get a couple of dud decisions.
Not because Perenara wanted to favour the Titans, he’s just a terrible ref.
The fact that he had to send the Paulo try to the bunker when he was 2 metres away shows how bad he is at making decisions.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
hahahaha
oh dear god

Dear oh dear Dave. You don’t seem to have a basic understanding of the rules.

By your definition anyone who chased and caught a kick from a teammate would be automatically offside.

blaza88z

Coach
Have another beer Dave.

The part that scares me is that he was probably bone dry sober when he wrote that