What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R22 Thu - Cowboys 34-30 Broncos @ 1300SMILES

Round 22: Cowboys v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
I'm ok with the loss, in contrast your tantrum over a potential loss was fantastic. Thank you.

What has that got to do with it being a correct ruling?

You seem upset.

Giving the Broncos leg-ups shouldn't be a reason to suddenly follow the rule book explicitly.

mozza91

Coach
Reading the absolute dummy spit meltdowns from "neutrals" and Cowboys fans about the 8 point try made my morning.

Cam Smith rolled his knee over the back of the player scoring in Origin a few years ago and most were howling for a send off while applauding the 8 point try. Lodge cops an illegal knee to the head and STITCH UP!!!!!

So much stupidity around here.
You mad?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You seem upset.

Giving the Broncos leg-ups shouldn't be a reason to suddenly follow the rule book explicitly.

None of what I posted indicates any kind of emotion other than gratitude for you putting on a good show last night, whereas none of what you just posted makes any sense. Perhaps you're the one upset?

Canard

Immortal
None of what I posted indicates any kind of emotion other than gratitude for you putting on a good show last night, whereas none of what you just posted makes any sense. Perhaps you're the one upset?

Have a cry mate, you'll feel better.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Vintage Matt Scott last night. The warrior still has a bit left in him despite all those who wrote him off.

The only call I took issue with was the penalty on the Milford tackler. Milford was off sprinting down the field, what is the defender supposed to do?

Otherwise, a very solid and improved performance, marred only by some terrible defensive errors and some rookie mistakes from Clifford. He improved as the game went on though and there is much for the coaching staff to work with.

Canard

Immortal
Vintage Matt Scott last night. The warrior still has a bit left in him despite all those who wrote him off.

The only call I took issue with was the penalty on the Milford tackler. Milford was off sprinting down the field, what is the defender supposed to do?

Otherwise, a very solid and improved performance, marred only by some terrible defensive errors and some rookie mistakes from Clifford. He improved as the game went on though and there is much for the coaching staff to work with.

Pretty much this.

McLean makes such a difference, it's not funny. Between him and Scott bending back the defensive line it frees up Jase to go on big rampaging runs.

Are you talking about the Granville tackle on Milf that led to the Broncos try? I'm certain Milf "went again" or at least stepped way off the mark, how that was called a penalty I'll never know.

This Year?

Immortal
If anyone wants a good laugh, go into the broncos fan forum and have a read.......

A few of my favourites from the thread:

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-2
"Honestly, I was so proud of that effort in the second half, but I'll say it again - we were reffed out of the game. Piggy back penalties. Where the **** were our penalties? Same shit, different jersey, different rules."

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-5
"From the outset, settle the **** down gents. Stop bitching about this player or that player. It’s a team game and regardless of all the points I intent to make below, we were not good enough to control our own destiny.
I’m 41 and have been highly invested in my team since ‘88. In the NSWRL era you knew you were going to get screwed. The important aspect was that the “opposition” knew they were ploughing ring. Today it’s like they deny any variation of interpretation, favouritism or whatever you want to call it. For the first time in a long time, I watched the game alcohol free. Not the norm but I feel I’m reasonably capable of noticing trends even with a bit of piss in me. More so sober and with recent events, I’m getting more attuned to the vagrancy of the NRL. Tonight’s game was a perfect example. The time allowed for slowing the ruck was all over the place. Certainly not to our favour at exactly the wrong times, or so it seemed to me. Such a sense of “keep it close”. And the no try to Milford but we’ll give you a penalty? Not a hint of WTF from Ch9. Surprising? It’s really, really frustrating but I know my team, YOUR team will overcome this adversity but **** me, it’s painful."

https://nospam37.com/threads/round-22-cowboys-vs-broncos.35827/page-8
"The way we're performing especially, the last couple of weeks, doesn't entice any Broncos diehards for sure. It's utter disappointment for 2 weeks in a row for mine. We are very capable of bagging 4 points in the last 2 games but, alas. Tonight's game made sure we will not be in top 4 for sure.

If the analogy continues, we might win the next 2 (impossible at this stage) & lose to Manly in our last round but if it doesn't happen, we still be in 8. Let's say we finish on 8.

Mel (1) vs Dragons (4) - Mel to win to secure a home preliminary final
Souths(2) vs Roosters (3) - don't care who wins here

Panthers (5) vs Broncos (8)
Sharks (6) vs Warriors (7).

Can we fancy winning against Panthers at their home ground? With the loud noise being made around that club off lately & the speculation that Wayne could be their next coach, I suspect NRL would churn up this to happen.

If we do manage to win against Panthers (I doubt this as Refs will come to their rescue again) then, I very much fancy our chances against Dragons. That match should be the nail in the coffin for them Dragons for mine. If we managed to get till here, anything can happen.

As long as we don't get to play Melbourne in Melbourne in finals series, I fancy our chances.

I know it's all my enthusiasm, hope & speculation but, this is of no use. The only thing that matters is, team performance, their attitude & I can only WISH all the above said happens. We need to build that winning culture, putting the teams out of games. We're not doing either sadly."

The funny thing is what was said above will probably happen.
LOL it changes b r o n c o s h q to nospam37, when I post the link.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee

"Honestly, I was so proud of that effort in the second half, but I'll say it again - we were reffed out of the game. Piggy back penalties. Where the **** were our penalties? Same shit, different jersey, different rules."

"From the outset, settle the **** down gents. Stop bitching about this player or that player. It’s a team game and regardless of all the points I intent to make below, we were not good enough to control our own destiny.
I’m 41 and have been highly invested in my team since ‘88. In the NSWRL era you knew you were going to get screwed. The important aspect was that the “opposition” knew they were ploughing ring. Today it’s like they deny any variation of interpretation, favouritism or whatever you want to call it. For the first time in a long time, I watched the game alcohol free. Not the norm but I feel I’m reasonably capable of noticing trends even with a bit of piss in me. More so sober and with recent events, I’m getting more attuned to the vagrancy of the NRL. Tonight’s game was a perfect example. The time allowed for slowing the ruck was all over the place. Certainly not to our favour at exactly the wrong times, or so it seemed to me. Such a sense of “keep it close”. And the no try to Milford but we’ll give you a penalty? Not a hint of WTF from Ch9. Surprising? It’s really, really frustrating but I know my team, YOUR team will overcome this adversity but **** me, it’s painful."

"The way we're performing especially, the last couple of weeks, doesn't entice any Broncos diehards for sure. It's utter disappointment for 2 weeks in a row for mine. We are very capable of bagging 4 points in the last 2 games but, alas. Tonight's game made sure we will not be in top 4 for sure.

If the analogy continues, we might win the next 2 (impossible at this stage) & lose to Manly in our last round but if it doesn't happen, we still be in 8. Let's say we finish on 8.

Can we fancy winning against Panthers at their home ground? With the loud noise being made around that club off lately & the speculation that Wayne could be their next coach, I suspect NRL would churn up this to happen.

If we do manage to win against Panthers (I doubt this as Refs will come to their rescue again) then, I very much fancy our chances against Dragons. That match should be the nail in the coffin for them Dragons for mine. If we managed to get till here, anything can happen.

As long as we don't get to play Melbourne in Melbourne in finals series, I fancy our chances.

I know it's all my enthusiasm, hope & speculation but, this is of no use. The only thing that matters is, team performance, their attitude & I can only WISH all the above said happens. We need to build that winning culture, putting the teams out of games. We're not doing either sadly."

I read the 2015 GF thread over there for a laugh once.

It made me erect seeing the mood shift swiftly from unadulterated joy to absolute bottomless despair.

Screenshot_20180810-133127.jpg

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach

I went to the site. I read as much of the thread as I could handle.

You owe me half an hour and a whole bunch of brain cells.

Or whisky. Anything peaty.

Reflector

Juniors
If anyone wants a good laugh, go into the broncos fan forum and have a read.......

TBF you begin to wonder, the rate of close contests between these two feels more than coincidental. If it happened twice that'd be notable, 3 times is amazing but more than that?

The NRL is entertainment first and foremost, let's remember.