What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 RLIF Calender

Pommy

Coach
Oh right you're going to play two tests over one weekend are you?

In 2016 you played France 2 weeks after the GF.

In 2015 you played France 2 weeks after the GF.

In 2014 you didn't play a warm-up because the 4 Nations started 2 weeks after the GF in the same situation as next year.

In 2013 you played Italy 2 weeks after the GF.

In 2012 you played Wales 3 weeks after the GF.

In 2011 you played France 2 weeks after the GF.

In 2010 you played NZ Maori 2 weeks after the GF.

You have to go back to 2009 when you played Wales 1 week after the GF and none of the GF players played.

How about you do some research and then grow up. You said you are likely to play 'a couple of tests' before the series. Where is that going to fit? You are likely to send your B side out against France. I have yet to see how you're doing anything differently from 2015 even though you lot always whinge about us never doing anything to grow the international game.

The irony coming from you is fantastic.

Springs09

Juniors
The irony coming from you is fantastic.

Ain't no ironing here.

I whinge about everyone who doesn't try and grow the game. Difference is I don't whinge about Australia not doing anything and then say England are too good to play Tier 2 sides.

Pommy

Coach
Ain't no ironing here.

I whinge about everyone who doesn't try and grow the game. Difference is I don't whinge about Australia not doing anything and then say England are too good to play Tier 2 sides.

Neither did I though.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
But if they are doing so much for the international game, why are they basically having a year off after a World Cup?
Keep the momentum going and play a minimum 4 games next year... 1 mid year and 3 at the end of the year.
We have several island nations getting a strong showing of NRL talent and if they can have 2-3 games a year I’m sure all players would stay.

Yes I agree, the "rest" year needs to go

God damn we need that three week Window midyear...

Mid Year:
State of Origin
Regional Tests

Post Season:
European Six Nations
Oceania Six Nations
Regional tournaments

Mid Year:
State of Origin
Regional Tests

Post Season:
Confederations Cup e.g.
Block A (highest ranked Euro, highest ranked Americas, Highest Ranked Africa/Med)
Block B (HighestHosts, highest ranked Oceania, highest ranked Asian)
winners of blocks play in the final
Various three match series between those countries not qualifed

Mid Year
World Cup Qualifiers (only champions and hosts automatically qualify)
Oceania - 4 spots for winners of Blocks A, B, C, D. Second placed teams will play off in a repecharge tournament post season.
Europe - 4 spots for winners of Blocks A, B, C, D. Second placed teams will play off in a repecharge tournament post season.
Americas - 1 spot
Asia - 1 spot
Africa/Middle East - 1 spot
World Champions v Hosts in a three match series

Post Season
World Cup Qualifiers
Oceania repecharge tournament
European repecharge tournament
Intercontinental repecharge tri series
Tours

Mid Year
World Cup Warm Up Tests
State of Origin (if necessary)

Post Season
16 team World Cup

jim_57

Staff member
I’m all in favour of the SL season getting made shorter but we that’s not going to happen overnight. There’s TV contracts etc that will have to be honoured first. Plus if the SL is going to be expanded back to 14 teams soon that’s going to involve more games.

I think it’s a little unrealistic to compare the attendance of the Tongan fans in this World Cup to what we would likely draw against the other home nations.
Everything had lined up for Tonga, big name players, huge numbers of interested expats/heritage fans, they had momentum and feel good factor.

If we look back to the Samoa game it was said at the time the BBC offered RFL £10k for the TV rights. This is a more realistic view of the realities of England playing tier 2 nations.

I agree that it isn't going to change, I think a maximum number of regular season club game cap could be the best bet but it would need to be backed heavily by the players.

We have an apples for apples comparison though, in 2013 England V Ireland got a 24k sell out from memory. If England throw it on at a decent stadium and promote it such games can draw a crowd, dumping it at Leigh won't achieve that. If games are given a chance I'm confident they could all get gpod crowds in England, treat the event as an afterthought and the fans will do the same.

roughyedspud

Coach
Ain't no ironing here.

Nobody has said we're too good to play tier 2 sides! We've played more tier 2 side that anyone one of the big 3 tithead..

And to answer a previous enquiry..yes it's possible the train on squad takes on a wales,Scotland or Ireland then take on France with the full squad after the GF....

roughyedspud

Coach
You're happy spud if England wrap up all internationals 3 weeks earlier than this year? With those 3 weeks they could have played in the Euro Cup instead of the Knights, go figure. Looking like a pretty shit year so far in all honesty.

I've been very clear about what I want England to do...play a couple of warm up tests before the 3 test kiwi series..and for the knights to provide quality opposition in the European Cup..and that's happening!

What more would you like England to do cos it baffles me we people say we should do more lol...especially when the Australians take years off and their clubs are now actively trying to scupper the mid season test window before its even took off....

But yeah us bloody poms should do more lol

Springs09

Juniors
Nobody has said we're too good to play tier 2 sides! We've played more tier 2 side that anyone one of the big 3 tithead..

And to answer a previous enquiry..yes it's possible the train on squad takes on a wales,Scotland or Ireland then take on France with the full squad after the GF....

Yeah, you continually say you're too good to play in a comp with Tier 2 sides.

Lol, so England are going to play a test on the same weekend as the GF, without the players from the 4 best ESL sides and likely without the NRL players either.

If that's a test then the PMXIII against PNG is a test.

roughyedspud

Coach
I've never said we are too good to play 2nd tier nations you idiot,stop making things up! The simple fact is we've played more 2nd tier nations than either Australia or nz!

Next season England & the knights are going to be playing 7-9 games! Australia & pm13s are playing 2!

So stop with a fake outrage you trolling knobhead..

As for England playing without grand finalists...Erm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-embarrassed-by-gutsy-cumbrians-1-2254916/amp

This game was on the 3rd Oct...the grand final was the night before...cumbria could quite easily have been Wales,Scotland or Ireland..

Research idiot...research

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
What did I just say? You think you're too good to play in a comp with Tier 2 sides. Which you do. You continually say the Knights should be playing not England.

Oh right yeah you played England B v Cumbria. Amazing. Like I said, that's about as much a test, or a warm-up, as PMXIII playing PNG.

Knights and the PMXIII are not national sides. Playing other countries with them means nothing. England have 3 games against NZ, Australia has 1 against NZ. Hopefully England plays more, but there is no evidence yet.

Grow up Spud. Saying f**king and idiot all the time doesn't make you appear smart.

Latest posts