What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Rule Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
This is for blind-bid waivers in season only, off season free agency is still as it was, 1-5 year deals.

Current rule: Blind bid waiver pick ups can be assigned a contract up to 5 years.

Potential change: All pick ups are a 1-year deal with an option for a second year for 2 players only, to be assigned before FA the following year when we do tags, renegotiations etc.

First year we had 1-year only deals, last year we introduced 1-5 year contracts, I think this is a happy medium. You don't have to commit years but if you do hit a keeper you get some payoff the following season and it keeps the free agent pool stocked.

Current rule: Safeties score at the same rate as LBs

Potential change: Put safeties in with the CB style scoring
Tackles: 1.5 instead of 1
Assists: 0.75 instead of 0.5
Sacks: 6 instead of 4

It was originally set up like this because we had all the defensive positions split out, but we ended up going for a DB position instead which is CB/S. Only a handful of safeties making the top 200 last year so I would like to give them a boost to make them a bit more relevant.

I was going to introduce a taxi squad but I've got less time these days and that would add to the monitoring I'd need to do so keeping it simple, just these 2 to vote on. Reply with yes/no or discuss away or ask if you need clarification.

Mjp81

Juniors
I was going to introduce a taxi squad but I've got less time these days and that would add to the monitoring I'd need to do so keeping it simple, just these 2 to vote on. Reply with yes/no or discuss away or ask if you need clarification.

I like both of these suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.