What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Season Predictions

Dibs

Bench
Regular season predictions:

MJC – 3rd
Noise – 6th
Speedwagon – 5th
Eelementary – 4th
Strider – 6th
Fanbase – 3rd
IBB&G – 5th
Pou – 8th and the FIF
Loser Baby – 2nd
Gary – 3rd
Obscene Assassin – 3rd
Parraboy – 9th
111 – 1st
Forward Pass – 3rd
Avenger – 1st (Stupid merkin)
Joshuatheeel – 3rd
Johnny88 – 6th
Chuzzamatta – 3rd
EelsFan05 – 4th
Colonel – 3rd
Rhyno – 2nd

On top of this most people had us in the Grand Final or Preliminary Final and a few had us as premiers.

The only person who is close to money is @Parraboy.

Not one person raised the loss of Radradra and Frank Pritchard being a factor given we had secured Hayne, Williams and Evans as replacements.

This recent narrative that has developed i.e. "Why didn't BA know about our predicament before fans did?" is not supported by any available evidence in this thread.
I predicted 16th but I didn’t want to tell you merkins because you’d label me a deathrider. I also would have told you all that the loss of Semi would be why and that Hayne and Williams would be injured and Evans is shit fit or injured. I just hope we keep losing to prove all you merkins wrong and me right but I’m not a f*cking deathrider

84 Baby

Referee
Got it, Hoos it is.
cbaf933ba5b02253080682331f4df066.jpg

strider

Post Whore
I predicted 16th but I didn’t want to tell you merkins because you’d label me a deathrider. I also would have told you all that the loss of Semi would be why and that Hayne and Williams would be injured and Evans is shit fit or injured. I just hope we keep losing to prove all you merkins wrong and me right but I’m not a f*cking deathrider
No one likes a know it all

hindy111

Post Whore
Regular season predictions:

MJC – 3rd
Noise – 6th
Speedwagon – 5th
Eelementary – 4th
Strider – 6th
Fanbase – 3rd
IBB&G – 5th
Pou – 8th and the FIF
Loser Baby – 2nd
Gary – 3rd
Obscene Assassin – 3rd
Parraboy – 9th
111 – 1st
Forward Pass – 3rd
Avenger – 1st (Stupid merkin)
Joshuatheeel – 3rd
Johnny88 – 6th
Chuzzamatta – 3rd
EelsFan05 – 4th
Colonel – 3rd
Rhyno – 2nd

On top of this most people had us in the Grand Final or Preliminary Final and a few had us as premiers.

The only person who is close to money is @Parraboy.

Not one person raised the loss of Radradra and Frank Pritchard being a factor given we had secured Hayne, Williams and Evans as replacements.

This recent narrative that has developed i.e. "Why didn't BA know about our predicament before fans did?" is not supported by any available evidence in this thread.

Shows we all have the same dream. To win a premiership. So we post what we are thinking as our dreams and Heart outway logical thoughts.
Possitive manifestation

hindy111

Post Whore
Where will we finish after the 26 rounds?
5th

Where will we finish overall?

Runner up

Best Penrith player for the year?
Merrin

Biggest disappointment?
Tamou

First rookie if any, to make NRL debut?
Egan

Who will be the surprise packet?
Whare

Who will have a breakout year?
The vicous fish

Best retention we announce before the end of the season?

Cleary
Biggest name we let go at the end of the season?
Tamou
Biggest signing we make during the season?
Cleary[/QUOTE]

Chipmunk

Coach
I doubt there would be a person on this site, or a rugby league fan in general who would've predicted that Parra would be mathematically out of contention to make the Top 8 by Round 13.

Where did it all go wrong....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I doubt there would be a person on this site, or a rugby league fan in general who would've predicted that Parra would be mathematically out of contention to make the Top 8 by Round 13.

Where did it all go wrong....
I'm sure we all have theories. Unfortunately we are unlikely to ever get enough information to confirm or deny.

I tipped us to finish fifth, which is worse than last year, though I thought we would finish with a better for-and-against than last year. I thought we'd be near certainties for the top eight (however nothing is certain). I also thought the only top four certainties were the Cowboys and look at how they're going.

Our attack is obviously the problem, and it's a massive problem. We still have better defence than the Titans and Knights, and we're equal-third-shittest with Manly. But I think the main problem with our defence has been lack of possession. The attack obviously hasn't benefited from lack of possession either but I'd say it's more a cause of having no ball than a symptom. This has led to a fear of making mistakes that has gotten into our heads and we aren't throwing plenty of passes we should be throwing.

But there is a huge problem with our halves that wasn't there last year. I think that's the biggest issue outside of injuries.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm sure we all have theories. Unfortunately we are unlikely to ever get enough information to confirm or deny.

I tipped us to finish fifth, which is worse than last year, though I thought we would finish with a better for-and-against than last year. I thought we'd be near certainties for the top eight (however nothing is certain). I also thought the only top four certainties were the Cowboys and look at how they're going.

Our attack is obviously the problem, and it's a massive problem. We still have better defence than the Titans and Knights, and we're equal-third-shittest with Manly. But I think the main problem with our defence has been lack of possession. The attack obviously hasn't benefited from lack of possession either but I'd say it's more a cause of having no ball than a symptom. This has led to a fear of making mistakes that has gotten into our heads and we aren't throwing plenty of passes we should be throwing.

But there is a huge problem with our halves that wasn't there last year. I think that's the biggest issue outside of injuries.

Agreed.

Our halves can't create anything, and I'm not sure why.

Our forwards are doing their jobs.

Our hookers are doing their jobs.

But our halves (short of creating goal-line dropouts) can't lay on a try.

And I'm buggered as to why. I have nfi.

The scary - and depressing - thing, is that the coaching staff seem to have no idea, either.

Injuries haven't helped our cause, but injuries don't explain our halves' inability to lay on tries.

hindy111

Post Whore
As bad as we have been we should of won against NZ,DOGS AND BRISBANE in last last month.
Puts us on 10 points going into last nights game.

I dont think we are far off. But now with nothing to play for we going to get some floggings. Awfull ones.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agreed.

Our halves can't create anything, and I'm not sure why.

Our forwards are doing their jobs.

Our hookers are doing their jobs.

But our halves (short of creating goal-line dropouts) can't lay on a try.

And I'm buggered as to why. I have nfi.

The scary - and depressing - thing, is that the coaching staff seem to have no idea, either.

Injuries haven't helped our cause, but injuries don't explain our halves' inability to lay on tries.

Are our forwards doing there jobs? We are going to sideways imo. Playing inpatient.
Let the boys just pound away and use discipline to control things.

Educate the boys. A few books they could read may help them change their perspectives. Id get them to read way of the peacefull warrior.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Are our forwards doing there jobs? We are going to sideways imo. Playing inpatient.
Let the boys just pound away and use discipline to control things.

Educate the boys. A few books they could read may help them change their perspectives. Id get them to read way of the peacefull warrior.

If they weren't doing their jobs, we wouldn't be in the field position to potentially win games.

We've had enough field position to beat the Broncos, Sharks, Panthers, and maybe even the Raiders, but have failed to capitalise - that's on the halves.