What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

betcats

Referee
Ahh yes...Once again lets give the job to someone without interviews. Atleast we know these coaches

Its not ideal but if that's what they are going to do I wont blow up until it goes bad lol.

The thing with interviewing young coaches and giving someone new a shot(which is something I'd like to see the club do), it doesn't matter how well they interview they still might be duds, you never know if they can handle a playing group until they actually have to. So no doubt there is a better coach available than Cleary but you have to pick him out of 12 people or more. If you get the wrong one then you throw another 2 years down the drain in a premiership window and right now we just need a decent coach to compete for a prem, we don't need a great one.

Ciraldo is a bit of an unknown so he could be the one this season will tell us a lot, Cleary however I am extremely confident can win us a premiership with this squad. If he can get a release then go for it. Tie up Nathan long term, move on Maloney bring in Luai and let this squad have a real crack with a coach that lets them play.

betcats

Referee
Nah, it’s typical of our recent tunnel vision approach. Best thing to do is a full search, but Phil Gould doesn’t do things like that.

There is an article in the DT today about how many first time NRL coaches have been fired and never hired again, there are heaps in the last few years. Most new NRL coaches fail, I can see why they don't want to take that risk with our current team(outside of ciraldo).

There is an article in the DT today about how many first time NRL coaches have been fired and never hired again, there are heaps in the last few years. Most new NRL coaches fail, I can see why they don't want to take that risk with our current team(outside of ciraldo).

Doesn’t mean you don’t interview.

There’s also examples of recent success stories

Anthony Seibold
Maguire
Robinson
Paul Green

All within the last 6-7 years.

franklin2323

Immortal
How can Wayne Bennett not be an option? Insane not to consider that. We might accidentally win a comp before we sign Ivzn

Exactly. He would be great for a few years. He was going to pass the batton on to Dememtriou after 2020. Could still do that here after 2 years

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I still think it’ll be Cleary.

Statement the other day was to quell the talk leading into a charge to the finals, they’ll come up with some BS statement in the off season that it’s the best thing for the Tigers & Cleary to part ways.

If the tigers win this weekend at worst they’ll only be 2 points outside the 8, if Brisbane lose then they might even be in the 8. They didn’t want the distraction.

Surely he won’t come next year after making a statement like that. How could he possibly explain breaking a contract and then going back on his word??

Fangs

Coach
We all know our perspective. Mixed views on who should be the next coach.

But just have a think about the Tigers perspective. Ivan Cleary doesn't want to be there...

Why the hell would the Tigers want to keep him?

OldPanther

Coach

But just have a think about the Tigers perspective. Ivan Cleary doesn't want to be there...

They wouldn't. Just have to get through this push for the 8.

franklin2323

Immortal

What player will sign for them knowing the coach is out in 2 years? The Tigers board will realise that. I don't think he coaches there next year. Whether he is made sit out 2 years or not is the question

OldPanther

Coach
What player will sign for them knowing the coach is out in 2 years? The Tigers board will realise that. I don't think he coaches there next year. Whether he is made sit out 2 years or not is the question

Good question. I think they could be a bit more lenient on him knowing family is his motivation.

Fangs

Coach

Thats right. Which is why the Tigers will already be organising a replacement. If you believe the papers they have already started.

I can definately see another shit show brewing. Tigers will say Ivan didn't want to be there, Ivan will whinge about club being unprofessional ala Manly etc. Tigers trying to make Cleary sit out would be hilarious.

Of course he won't end up at Penrith if Ciraldo kills it.

Surely he won’t come next year after making a statement like that. How could he possibly explain breaking a contract and then going back on his word??

His words were interesting.

He didn’t say he will see out his contract, he said he “intends” to see out his contract.

Now ordinarily I don’t read too much into specific words but he took days to make that statement, I think there’s a reason to believe he chose his words very carefully.

BxTom

Bench
I think it will be Barrett. Gus wants a puppet as a coach so if he fails, he can be a scapegoat, but if he succeeds, Gus can bathe in the limelight. Strap yourselves in tight. Down the greasy pole we go...

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Why does everyone assume that Gus wants a puppet as a coach?

Everything that I’ve seen is that he is sick of having to step in. The Ivan was fired after he asked for Gus’s help and Hook just got the boot.

I don’t think he wants anything to do with the coaching of the club.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why does everyone assume that Gus wants a puppet as a coach?

Everything that I’ve seen is that he is sick of having to step in. The Ivan was fired after he asked for Gus’s help and Hook just got the boot.

I don’t think he wants anything to do with the coaching of the club.

Why get annoyed at how the teams attack is going in a trial if that was the case?

Latest posts