What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nöyd

Staff member
Don't worry roaches, the truck is on the way

DpBFA2CXcAI3Dh6.jpg
I thought you didn't care about Origin this year:

Lmao man I tell you what, and this is coming from someone who didn't care much about Origin this year, but it is damn hard not to get sucked in to the conspiracies about the NRL orchestrating results when you see stitch ups like this.

Or is that only when the score was 8-0

wibble

Bench
Enjoy Mitchell Pearce 2.0, panthers fans.

Freddy is the reason for this loss. Picked a complete dud at half, picked a woeful bench, and then coached the worst game I’ve ever seen.

Klemmer, after running for 120m I’m the opening 30 mins, never gets back on the field. Most of our bench played more minutes than outback opening props. Just terrible.

To all those who are laughing last year at the suggestion that Fifita might actually still be in the best 6 or so forwards for NSW (even though not eligible for all games)…..

It is easy to blame the halves and backs for errors and no real direction, but the NSW forwards were pretty suboptimal. Klemmer is the only impact forward, all the rest are toilers. Not bad players, but NSW desperately needs some impact up front, and off the bench.

DCE and Munster schooled the NSW halves about controlling a game. The NSW obvious weakness turned out to be...an obvious weakness.

But all the QLD players seemed faster and fitter than their counterparts.

Storm13

Juniors
The one issue QLD never ever faces compared to NSW is the pressure on selecting players like Walker.

perverse

Referee
Think knocks on Cleary a bit harsh.. will have to watch reply but Cook didn't give him much ball to get kicks away
He'll be rated on the opportunities he had, of which he cooked every one. I don't know why anyone expected any different... he did little last year bar one very nice cover tackle. In awful form this year, was never going to work.

aqua_duck

Coach
Enjoy Mitchell Pearce 2.0, panthers fans.

Freddy is the reason for this loss. Picked a complete dud at half, picked a woeful bench, and then coached the worst game I’ve ever seen.

Klemmer, after running for 120m I’m the opening 30 mins, never gets back on the field. Most of our bench played more minutes than outback opening props. Just terrible.
The problem is when we needed metres coming off of our own line we had all the 'mobile/agile' forwards out there and we were getting belted.
The way we use our edge backrowers is confusing, Frizzell plays about 20 mins on the edge then Crighton comes on then Frizell comes back on in the second half as a middle, serves no purpose. If the edge backrowers can't play 80 then they don't get picked simple.
Bench for game 2 should be:
14.Not Wighton
15.Murray
16.Haas
17.McLean

Noname36

First Grade
i know our halves and Mitchell and Wighton were abysmal but you could literally see NSW’s forwards capitulate the moment Klemmer went off the field...then Freddy never brings him back...absolutely bizarre

skeepe

Immortal
What happened to Klemmer? 120m after 20 minutes, only 30m for the rest of the game.

Papalii was immense, best forward on the field after Klemmer. Made for Origin.

Wighton was good overall, luckily for him it wasn’t his intercept but the Tedesco drop that was the difference in the end.

Solid game for Cotric, came looking for the ball and didn’t get caught out in defence. Let down by Morris rushing in or arm grabbing a few times, not his fault.

Overall, all the Raiders played very well. Happy with that.

mongoose

Coach
I dont know how but the Qld forwards always end up overpowering the NSW pack in so many games.

Cleary was pretty uninspiring but how shit is Cordner? I still dont get the hype over Klemmer either. Great at club level but barely has any impact when playing for NSW.

Latest posts