What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Sponsor?

Quigs

Immortal
Every cut his grass quigs?
No me lil chin wag but I'll tell you an honest story.

Many decades ago a group of us did some work for mates that used Big Als turf to lay abit of grass.

The job was just a little one. We laid 24 rows wide around the entire length of Callaghan Racecourse Rockhampton.

It was one of the worst back breaking shit house jobs that I have ever done.

It was easy campesie to knock over 3 stubbies on the way home. A trip of only 40k.

bluefox68

Staff member
No me lil chin wag but I'll tell you an honest story.

Many decades ago a group of us did some work for mates that used Big Als turf to lay abit of grass.

The job was just a little one. We laid 24 rows wide around the entire length of Callaghan Racecourse Rockhampton.

It was one of the worst back breaking shit house jobs that I have ever done.

It was easy campesie to knock over 3 stubbies on the way home. A trip of only 40k.
I did a 800 m2 house block and that was bad enough!!!

Quigs

Immortal
That's the phfarker right there ....

r334909_1515925.jpg

And the memories come flooding back

Rockhampton-Racecourse-flooded-earlier-this-month-1492913132_1352x900.jpg

Quigs of a job it was and it is a quigs of a joint too.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah no worries in Paradise Snout, and thanks for asking.

Its pretty close to and effects a lot of us. My daughter lives about 9k from Gracemere and she was put on the watch and act.... at one stage told to evacuate but just got down graded in time for her.

I am tied up with the local Art Gallery up here and I had to ring one of the dears about something. I contacted her on her mobile and she just said she was busy. She was helping her son water down his house at The Caves. (north of Rockhampton) ... She just said the fire was about to come over the ridge and once they saw flames they were out of there. Her sons place survived.

So, yeah it is pretty scarey shit.

Oh and it is still stinking hot - heatwave stuff. Expecting 42 in Rocky tomorrow. Old mate who I watch the Sharks games with drove through Rocky last Wednesday and his temp for outside the car was registering at 46c.

Its always heaps cooler here on the coast. Rocky is a shithole.

snout

First Grade
I nearly lost a house about 20 years ago when living on the sunny coast.
What started as a plume of smoke and grass fire a long way away on a saturday morning quickly became us thinking what to throw into the car to be saved hours later.
Flames raging at the back of our house.

Anyone who stands toe to toe fighting fires is a tough bastard.

Those farkers move fast. Take care not risks.

Quigs

Immortal
Yes Snoutoh and you still get braindead cockheads lighting the damn things.

Two grubs got arrested up this way the other day for lighting fires. They need a real good life lasting flogging.

RandyAndy

Juniors
"Rooster snare $2.1 million sponsors that walked away from Cronulla"

"The NRL’s reigning premiers capped off a memorable year when they announced a new three-year sleeve sponsorship with IKON Services Australia.

But The Saturday Telegraph can reveal that this is the same company that was previously in talks with cash-strapped Cronulla before deciding to head in a new direction because of ongoing negative publicity, including the incident sparked by Dugan and Fifita’s infamous podcast rant."

absolutely pathetic form from the players if true and should be docked pay
article - https://www.outline.com/5tgp3A

Eion

First Grade
"Rooster snare $2.1 million sponsors that walked away from Cronulla"

"The NRL’s reigning premiers capped off a memorable year when they announced a new three-year sleeve sponsorship with IKON Services Australia.

But The Saturday Telegraph can reveal that this is the same company that was previously in talks with cash-strapped Cronulla before deciding to head in a new direction because of ongoing negative publicity, including the incident sparked by Dugan and Fifita’s infamous podcast rant."

absolutely pathetic form from the players if true and should be docked pay
article - https://www.outline.com/5tgp3A
There’s probably a thread or 2 you missed