What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Wooden Spooners

BxTom

Bench
Dogs with their first choice top 17 just got belted by the Eels with Michael Jennings, Nathan Browne, Peni Terepo, Manu Ma'u and Will Smith missing from their team.

I think Eels depth is underrated. I mean they had Josh Hoffman come in for Michael Jennings this week. George Jennings is still in reserves. They had 3 guys injured in their pack and still beat the Bulldogs pack. With Nathan Brown especially being a big loss.
So you rate Will Smith...l

franklin2323

Immortal
Where did I say I rate him?

I would drop one of their centres. Shift CHN and promote Martin. Their centres are awful. CHN would be an upgrade.

They are but Meaney could be FB and move Hoppa. They have a young centre that was a weapon in NSW cup last year. That is why I think they have more upside than the other 3 teams down there

mxlegend99

Referee
They are but Meaney could be FB and move Hoppa. They have a young centre that was a weapon in NSW cup last year. That is why I think they have more upside than the other 3 teams down there
Eels depleted feeder club just defeated the Bulldogs NSW Cup side.

Bulldogs NSW Cup side might have some potential NRL players. But more inexperienced players is not going to strengthen the Bulldogs backline. Experience is the biggest reason their backline is so shit. It's a NSW Cup backline with some first grade experience sprinkled in.

Eels depth in the backline consists of George Jennings, Josh Hoffman and Bevan French. Arguably better thsn Bulldogs NRL backline. Salmon is also a highly rated youngster. Eels have recently signed Matt McIlwrick for hooker. They have Kaysa Pritchard to potentially return also. Or maybe he won't.

Point is they have experienced depth that's not all that bad. Especially in the backline. Apparently some decent forward depth too since they've played without Paulo, Browne, Terepo and Ma'u already this year and their pack has dominated both our pack and the Bulldogs.

I don't see them playing finals footy. But they should comfortably avoid the wooden spoon. 2 wins and s terrific for and against is a big headstart over Titans and Bulldogs

GongPanther

Referee
We will have a clearer picture after around the 8 week mark. I'm sure Manly will not as much as GC. So at this stage, I'll say the Dogs.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hes fit and been overlooked. Dean Pay picked HIS top 17. Yours night be different. But they're still full strength.

According to a mate who knows Dogs players.. This will be the backline this week:

Meaney
Okunbor
Holland
Hopoate
Smith

Martin back.

Just need Harper in for Holland and that is their best backline

mxlegend99

Referee
According to a mate who knows Dogs players.. This will be the backline this week:

Meaney
Okunbor
Holland
Hopoate
Smith

Martin back.

Just need Harper in for Holland and that is their best backline
That doesn't even look like a good reserve grade backline.

mxlegend99

Referee
Manly's backline says hi
Manly do have an average backline. Never said otherwise. Although Turbo, Taufua and Suli would walk straight into the Bulldogs backline. Turbo is better than the Bulldogs backline combined. Although 5x 0 is still zero. So it's not saying much.

But yes Manly are comfortably toward the bottom of the ladder as far as backs go. But no team at full strength scrapes the barrell quiet like the Bulldogs backline.

mxlegend99

Referee
Titans probably the new favorites now. Nathan Peats has a torn pec and could miss up to 3 months.

Thats 3/4 of their spine out now. This week vs Souths in great form... this could get very ugly for them.

Panfa

Juniors
Titans have injuries but they are stronger than the dogs on paper manly not setting the world on fire either but for mine dogs will get the spoon weakest 30 man roster in the nrl.

mxlegend99

Referee
Manly looking incredible with Turbo back. Warriors look pathetic. So far from the team that destroyed Bulldogs in Round 1.

Warriors without RTS would probably be spoon contenders. Tigers and Manly have piled points on them.

mxlegend99

Referee
we look like a wooden spoon side

We wont if we drop Edwards and get Yeo and Kikau back.

Lose our 2 best second rowers. Have a fullback who cant hold a f**king football... what chance are you?

As i wrote this Edwards made another error. How many sets has he cost us ontop of his 2 tries conceded? His errors happen before we even get tackle 1. Atleast 6 times now.

2 strips. 4 errors. On tackle zero.