What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
21512 at Penrith. Not bad for 1 v 16!

It's great to see a winning team being totally and continually supported by their fans.
It's all about creating a local home support culture, creating demand for memberships and season tickets.
This is the type of support that puts pressure on for stadium upgrades.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
You really want to debate crowds?
Would you like to start with Salford's average of 4500? Or Huddersfield's 5100?

You do realise fixtures have to be moved for the World Cup? Including Souths v Brisbane.

Was the Central Coast Stadium not available? What about Commbank.

Brutus

Referee
For those saying the Sunshine Coast Stadium capacity should be expanded, the work to accommodate this will begin from next year:

As part of the work an additional 10,768 permanent seats will be added, bringing the total seating capacity to 11,814 and total venue capacity to 16,000.

Additional temporary seating will also be added in the lead up to Brisbane 2032 which will see the venue hold more than 20,000.
Good

t-ba

Post Whore
It's not much to worry about.

It's pretty impressive how good crowds are considering how much the schedule is getting reamed in home stretch.

Some very solid vibes. Reminds me of 2005 what I can remember of 1994. Let's hope there's no Super League War or Wrestlemania to ruin the good times.

Brian potter

Bench
Also, over 44000 tuned up to the England game vs Haiti (who?) yesterday at Suncorp Stadium.

View attachment 77222

View attachment 77223

There was also over 41 000 in Auckland for the USA vs Vietnam game. Both games with teams from neither of the host nations.
Anyone calling the 2023 WWC a mickey mouse tournament is kidding themselves.

View attachment 77224
Even though I couldn’t careless I wouldn’t call it a Mickey Mouse tournament but it definitely shows the power and influence of social media, tv and print media as well as government affirmative action policies.

jim_57

Staff member
Rest of the Season needs an 11,150 average to beat the regular season average attendance record.

Need a 7,832 average to beat the regular season aggregate.

Average without the 'Phins at about 17.8k

Very Impressive all round.

All with one of the teams limited to 12k capacity for all of their games and plenty of other games taken to small regional venues. Hopefully next year can smash that again with no WWC interruptions and Shark Park (maybe?) at a higher capacity.

Brian potter

Bench
Do they not deserve it?
Have they not earned it?
Are they not getting the recognition they finally deserve?
No idea mate as it’s not my cup of tea.

all I know is that here in the UK we are constantly bombarded with women’s football(soccer) on the tv and radio and print media etc.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
The 21,525 at a suburban ground for what I call the forgotten Western Sydney Derby (Penrith v Canterbury) outdrew two Melbourne rivals playing prime time fumbleball in the heart of the city (18,279).

Common Rugby League W

Vibing

Juniors
It's not much to worry about.

It's pretty impressive how good crowds are considering how much the schedule is getting reamed in home stretch.

Some very solid vibes. Reminds me of 2005 what I can remember of 1994. Let's hope there's no Super League War or Wrestlemania to ruin the good times.
Yea
a very rare event & it may get some more females playing soccer over say derpball , girls who'd never consider RL anyway so its a good thing.
the other thing is FIFA see the response to this event & seriously consider Australia to host a mens event which will benefit RL hugely .
All positives here.

Soccer domestically is no threat to RL , its professional leagues are a basket case & have been since day dot.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Sydney watch update:

Average attendances by club (games played in Sydney only):

Sydney Swans
32,059​
Sydney Roosters
23,277​
Penrith Panthers
18,803​
Parramatta Eels