What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final predictions

dannyt

Coach
Must say that the game was referred so differently from normal NRL referring it was extraordinary. Everything let go, no offside penalties, holding down (1) straight at marker, no forward passes, no hip drop, crushers etc. unbelievable!
Very true, and it was a great spectacle. I can't wait until Round 1 2024 when, in the first 10 minutes, we are penalised several times and give away a stack of 6-agains. Then I will know it's business as usual.

Last edited:
My prediction is:
Penriff by 2 in a "dramatic" come from behind win in true WWF tradition.
Cleary to win the Clive Churchill medal and a specially-minted AO flown in by military chopper.

I watched a replay on F*x - Brisbane should be ashamed of themselves to let that game get away. Lots of wrasslin' in tackles and slowing down the play the ball by Penriff like most sides don't get away with.

I usually watch replays of '77, '79 and '10 instead of watching GF's that we aren't involved in. Didn't do it this year, as it just would have reminded me how far we have fallen and what a contemptable, non-competitive, farce of a sh*tshow we are today.

Last edited:

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Biggest loss in the finals
Parramatta 58 def Broncettes 0 - check

First team inside the top 4 with 6 rounds remaining to miss the finals
Wonky Bonkies - check

Biggest choke in GF history
2015 vs the cowboys - check (Thurston is still laughing)

Biggest lead run down in GF history
16 points
Bronchokes 24 Panthers 26 - check

Stay blessed fam

Gardenia

Juniors
My prediction is:
Penriff by 2 in a "dramatic" come from behind win in true WWF tradition.
Cleary to win the Clive Churchill medal and a specially-minted AO flown in by military chopper.

I watched a replay on F*x - Brisbane should be ashamed of themselves to let that game get away. Lots of wrasslin' in tackles and slowing down the play the ball by Penriff like most sides don't get away with.

I usually watch replays of '77, '79 and '10 instead of watching GF's that we aren't involved in. Didn't do it this year, as it just would have reminded me how far we have fallen and what a contemptable, non-competitive, farce of a sh*tshow we are today.
Your prediction was correct

Gardenia

Juniors
Must say that the game was referred so differently from normal NRL referring it was extraordinary. Everything let go, no offside penalties, holding down (1) straight at marker, no forward passes, no hip drop, crushers etc. unbelievable!
I was getting a bit annoyed with how much the Panthers were getting away with, until i realised how entertaining and fast that game was without all the stoppages.

Latest posts