What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Pacific Bowl

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yep govt wanted it in port moresby and happy to pay the bill for it. Hopefully it all goes well with no incidents. It actually looks Ike a far more competitive tournament on paper than the pacific championship will be.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Who do we think are favourites for this In the men’s? Hard to see past png at home. Can fiji cause an upset I wonder? Cook Islands look to be making up the numbers.

jim_57

Staff member
Who do we think are favourites for this In the men’s? Hard to see past png at home. Can fiji cause an upset I wonder? Cook Islands look to be making up the numbers.

On paper Fiji have a better “strongest possible” but they probably won’t get anything close to that for a tier 2 tournament with nothing really on the line. So probably PNG. PNG might face the same issue with their NRL squad players like Johnston, Laybutt, Alick etc to be fair.

jim_57

Staff member
PNG%20Kumuls%20Squad%202023.jpg
PNG

Perth Tiger

Bench
I guess this a good sign that so few PNG hunters players have been selected as all the rest of the squad are are either equal or higher competitions.

jim_57

Staff member
Hmm no Api no Simms no Marcelo, no Naqiama, who else are notable absentees?

Kikau, Milne, Valemei, Wong, Nakubuwai. Kikau injured I think, not sure about the others.

I wouldn’t even bother listing Sims, RCG & the Saifitis anymore, they haven’t played for Fiji for a long time.

Last edited:

Latest posts