What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R20 Sun - Dolphins 14-24 Penrith @ Kayo

Round 20: Dolphins v Penrith

• Dolphins

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
“Get the music out, the circus has been playing for a while”

Does anyone understand what the f**k Corey Parker is talking about? He has the brain capacity of a gnat.
He is still bright eyed and bushy tailed after SOO, which in his own mind gives himself poetic license to annoy anything in the universe that has ears.

Give it another 2 weeks until he gets told to STFU.

Munky

Coach
Only Roosters missed more tackles than Penrith this week.

Penrith you losers, 50 missed tackles that’s pathetic.

I know this is a shit post, but my old theory was that one missed tackle was worth one point against. For whatever reason this doesn't seem to hold for the Penrith defensive scheme.

While a poor stat on the weekend, I think the Penrith defensive scheme isn't built around effective tackles on the edges.

It looks to me like there is a deliberate strategy to try and slow momentum and ruin any 'crispness' of an opponent spread. Essentially the first tackle can be missed but if the effort disrupts the timing of the attacking play it is still a 'win'.

However middle defence goes to shit whenever Salmon, Kenny and Luke are on the field at the same time.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Only Roosters missed more tackles than Penrith this week.

Penrith you losers, 50 missed tackles that’s pathetic.
NRL missed tackles Dolphins 36 Panthers 43
Fox missed tackles Dolphins 43 Panthers 32.

What does that tell you about missed tackle stats?