What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Hey mate just a quick one any news on severity of John Bateman injury and what the scans show? I have him in my fantasy team if he’s out 6 weeks I’ll sell if it’s 2-3 weeks I’ll hold him.

Good luck on Sunday against the Dolphins mate hopefully you guys can have a win.

May i add Sezer 4 weeks was rough when Tago who injured J. Gray hip drop Tago only got one week. I just can’t understand it it’s a lottery! And then Keary chicken wing yesterday only a fine mind you nothing surprises me anymore!

Bateman (and To'a) look to be out for at least 8 weeks now. Plus I-Pap and Sezer being suspended. We are well and truly up you-know-what creek.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
More tough times for our Old Mate, Nofo...

David Nofoaluma set for Salford Red Devils exit after just two appearances

Wests Tigers' all-time leading scorer was a new signing at Salford, but will leave after just three months.

David Nofoaluma's time at Salford Red Devils is set to come to a premature end, with the winger working through the process of leaving the club. Rugby League Live can reveal the former Wests Tigers winger is set to leave the Reds, just three months after signing for the club.

The 30-year-old joined the Reds in February following his departure from Wests Tigers, where he is the club's all-time leading try-scorer in the NRL. However, he has made just two appearances under Paul Rowley since he arrived at the club, with his last outing coming in the club's defeat to Castleford Tigers in April.

His imminent departure is said to be amicable, according to sources, but will bring an end to a disappointing, and brief, stay in Super League. It comes after reports in the Australian media that he had turned up late for training at the club since his arrival, and off the back of negative headlines that surrounded his exit from Wests.

He was released from the final two years of his contract with the club amid reports that he had received two breach notices from the club. Last year, it was also reported that he hadn't attended training after poor treatment from the club’s football department. Before that, press reports had claimed he had struggled physically at the start of pre-season training.

Now, after a short stint in the UK, he appears set to depart, which will open up recruitment opportunities for Salford throughout the remainder of the year. They will now have a quota spot at their disposal, as well as the funds freed up by his exit.

3-4 hhmmm might be back round 14 then. I like Bateman. Galvin is the one whose great to watch.

Hope you are right mate we are going through a tough phase it happens will stick with them of course as you guys do with yours they’ll come good again!
You’ll probably get up faster than us with Bennett and your roster

It’s still a week to week proposition for us and I’m not sure about anyone else, but I think the reality is looking at how much we are going to lose by instead of winning.

Just a pity as we had a great performance against a full strength sharks side and a fair eels squad.

We can blame injuries, but we haven’t seen a full throttle professional 80 minutes performance from the squad for while.

Benji recently said he can see the effort, but I think it’s misdirected and to be frank, there’s been some bad lapses.

There’s always a good lesson from sunken and trapped subs. Half the navy can turn up to rescue her, all looks impressive, but often submariners died because the surface ships didn’t know what to do.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
More tough times for our Old Mate, Nofo...

I don't feel sorry for the man at all.

The man was certainly a victim of his environment to a large degree. He spent a large amount of his career in squads that were lazy and got a large amount of his fame (and pay packet) through one season of consistent footy.

The club gave Nofoaluma more than he gave us in the end. A man that never really focused on his weaknesses and got weaker with his strengths due to a lack of motivation to play. If he showed something over the offseason, he would STILL be our number one choice winger today. He must have had a really shit attitude for us to so willingly push him out the door. Salford's actions have justified our own in regard to Nofo.

Like Tevita Pangai Jnr, Nofoaluma needs to spend six months on the tools and then decide if he wants to have another crack at rugby league.

Wizardman

First Grade

Tigerm

First Grade
WTF is going on?
Apparently staying at the titans now.
Maybe the paper bags weren’t full enough.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Im remembering AD’s big mouth bringing his Christianity and right to captaincy to the forefront. He’s gone all quiet now. A humble Leo.. it must be difficult
The gang are just waiting to see how short the team will be with injuries, by the time AD gets on the field.
Benji invented the $150k salary..no one will pay AD more than that

Tiger Ted

Bench
Im remembering AD’s big mouth bringing his Christianity and right to captaincy to the forefront. He’s gone all quiet now. A humble Leo.. it must be difficult
The gang are just waiting to see how short the team will be with injuries, by the time AD gets on the field.
Benji invented the $150k salary..no one will pay AD more than that
I have a feeling that if AD gets through this season unscathed he will be at Bondi Jn next season.

Nutz

Bench
Who to believe?
Care factor 0.
Souths need to sack some of their high profile players not coaches.
Circus.
Anyways... it's just Bennett's attempt to save any mutual respect he and the Dolphins have and to concentrate on them winning games for the rest of the season.

Nutz

Bench

Former Tigers, Bulldogs playmaker reportedly arrested at training​

Supplying MDMA, if found guilty, has a bigger penalty and ramifications.
Small quantities handed around at a party or night clubs can land him a $5,500 fine and/or 2 years imprisonment if the matter is heard in the Local Court. Larger amounts and dealings with higher courts obviously the punishment is higher.
The point is, the dumbarses think it's ok to hand these drugs out to mates on a night out on the town not realising that they can be locked up for a couple of years...or do they know?
One of my son's does security at night clubs and says it's rife in places you wouldn't expect and abused by people in positions of trust. :(
Great role models....not!

gordsy

Juniors
"According to the Daily Telegraph, Wakeham was charged with with taking part in supplying prohibited drugs greater than large commercial quantities, taking part in supplying prohibited drugs and participating in a criminal group."

Raptor cops doing the arrest and the criminal group charge suggest he is in with bikies.
Larger than commercial quantities means pack your tooth brush if you get found guilty unless you give up others.