What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Draw

callmack1

Staff member
That time of year once again! Very exciting times as, the 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership Draw gets closer and closer to being released!! Seriously cannot wait!!

There is some talk that it may be released this Wednesday. I do stress that that is just talk. I can't see it happening until after the World Cup.

Nevertheless, I'm eagerly awaiting it!

Please use this thread to discuss all things related to the 2023 Draw.

callmack1

Staff member
Ohhhh God I'm excited!!! Confirmation that the draw is coming THIS Thursday AND Round 1 has been leaked today!!

NRL draw revealed - Who your team will play in Round 1 of the 2023 Season: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...d-one-of-the-2023-season-20221107-p5bw5g.html

So, what a blockbuster we have to open our Season!! Taking on the Sharks at Shark Park on the Saturday night. That's a huge game to start with and a very tough one as Cronulla will be Premiership contenders again, alongside us hopefully. What a way to kick off! Will be a really good test.

On the other hand though, it is kind of annoying. Once again, for the third year in a row, our members and fans are robbed of a home game to open the Season. We haven't had one since 2020 and I think that's pretty crap. Our record at Shark Park isn't flash so that'll add to the toughness of it. I'd love nothing more than to get one over them first up!!

It also appears that for the second year in a row, we'll be handed a baptism of fire to start the year. Cronulla Round 1, we'll most likely play the Roosters Round 3 I'm guessing, and then there's been talk we'll play Penrith in the first four Rounds too. So once again, we'll be handed a tough start. But no point complaining about it, we should see it as a challenge, a good thing! I'm confident we can handle it better than this year and we'll be more prepared.

It's really starting to smell like 2023!! So pumped!

Rabbits20

Immortal
very tough start Sharks away from home. Will be a great test they’ll no doubt want revenge on us for taking them out this year.

callmack1

Staff member
Roosters-Rabbitohs rematch revealed, Smith's Storm return locked in for 2023: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-draw-2023-smith-s-storm-return-locked-in-20221109-p5bwt9.html

So, from what's been reported, our opening four Rounds looks like this,

Round 1: Away vs Sharks
Round 2: Home (Allianz) vs Panthers
Round 3: Away vs Roosters
Round 4: Home vs Sea Eagles

Just like 2022, we've been given an extremely tough start. I think it's a bit bullshit but we must look at it positively. It's a challenge, a chance to make big statements early, and we're in a much better position for it this coming year then we were in 2022.

Can't wait for the full Draw tomorrow! I'll be rushing home from work haha.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
We can be 4 from 6 in the opening 6 weeks.
Shark Park will be tough and Storm in round 5 will also be tough. Roosters at Trellianz will wanna get revenge. Could be 3 from 6 or 4 from 6. All other games we should win

Rabbits20

Immortal
No
We can be 4 from 6 in the opening 6 weeks.
Shark Park will be tough and Storm in round 5 will also be tough. Roosters at Trellianz will wanna get revenge. Could be 3 from 6 or 4 from 6. All other games we should win
No Sydney game from round 19 to 27 is so shit.

The boys have so much travel to do this next season much more than we did this year.

First 10 rounds draw won’t get any harder than that.

At least we have 2 day games at home as well.

Rabbits20

Immortal

RABBITOHS (10th)

Games played against -

Top eight: 11

Top four: 6

Bottom eight: 12

Bottom four: 5

Who they play twice: Cronulla, Canterbury, Penrith, Sydney Roosters, St George Illawarra, Wests Tigers, Brisbane, Melbourne

Analysis: The Rabbitohs have an even share of 11 games against top eight sides and 12 against bottom eight sides. They have the equal second most games against top four sides and the equal second fewest games against bottom four sides. Souths play four top eight teams twice in the Sharks, Panthers, Roosters and Storm.

handyman2190

Bench
Weve been stuffed again with the 3rd hardest draw, they dont give us a break do they? And the most time on the road because sydney is booked out for 4 weeks

callmack1

Staff member
Draw release day is one of the most exciting days of the year for mine!! We get to see a new Season before our very eyes, finally!! Now we can start planning.

Jeeez, there's no doubt it's a very tough draw, probably one of the more tough ones I've seen for us in recent years. The first 10 Rounds are absolutely insane, and we have lots of travel throughout the year, particularly between Rounds 19-27. We play a lot of the 'top' teams twice and a lot of the 'bottom' teams once. It's tough, no doubt it's tough. Ranked as the third hardest on most sites, apart from Fox who have us as the seventh hardest. I'm not 100% happy with it but what do you do?

But the thing is, we are South Sydney. Are we really surprised we've copped the rougher end of the stick from the NRL? It's been happening with the draw for years! We've dealt with it in the past and come out okay so hopefully we can do the same next year.

The make-or-break period of next year is no doubt Rounds 1-10. That is a very difficult one of games, extremely difficult and we're pretty hard done by with only three proper home games in that time. So no doubt that is the toughest stretch of our Season. Do good out of this period and we're in a great position to set ourselves up well. But be poor and/or inconsistent and we'll find ourselves facing an uphill battle. So this part of the year is just absolutely crucial! I know we have the five weeks of travel at the backend of the year, but I am far more concerned about Rounds 1-10. But we can do it!! Plenty of chances to make some big moves and big statements early.

There's plenty of positives to the draw too but the big ones are a relatively good Origin period AND a game for me over here in NZ!! Absolutely stoked about that!! I also think the timings of our byes are pretty good. We're not getting one too early. We get one during Origin, one before our tough travel period, and then another in Round 26 which I think is perfect! Good tune up for the game against the Roosters then Finals.

We can sit here all Off-Season and complain about the draw or we can look forward to the games, start to plan and get excited, see it as a challenge that we can overcome in 2023! That's what I'll be doing!! Also, the fact remains that if we're good enough, we're good enough. If we're not, then we're not, it's as simple as that.

Just glad to be able to see it! I'm excited!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Draw release day is one of the most exciting days of the year for mine!! We get to see a new Season before our very eyes, finally!! Now we can start planning.

Jeeez, there's no doubt it's a very tough draw, probably one of the more tough ones I've seen for us in recent years. The first 10 Rounds are absolutely insane, and we have lots of travel throughout the year, particularly between Rounds 19-27. We play a lot of the 'top' teams twice and a lot of the 'bottom' teams once. It's tough, no doubt it's tough. Ranked as the third hardest on most sites, apart from Fox who have us as the seventh hardest. I'm not 100% happy with it but what do you do?

But the thing is, we are South Sydney. Are we really surprised we've copped the rougher end of the stick from the NRL? It's been happening with the draw for years! We've dealt with it in the past and come out okay so hopefully we can do the same next year.

The make-or-break period of next year is no doubt Rounds 1-10. That is a very difficult one of games, extremely difficult and we're pretty hard done by with only three proper home games in that time. So no doubt that is the toughest stretch of our Season. Do good out of this period and we're in a great position to set ourselves up well. But be poor and/or inconsistent and we'll find ourselves facing an uphill battle. So this part of the year is just absolutely crucial! I know we have the five weeks of travel at the backend of the year, but I am far more concerned about Rounds 1-10. But we can do it!! Plenty of chances to make some big moves and big statements early.

There's plenty of positives to the draw too but the big ones are a relatively good Origin period AND a game for me over here in NZ!! Absolutely stoked about that!! I also think the timings of our byes are pretty good. We're not getting one too early. We get one during Origin, one before our tough travel period, and then another in Round 26 which I think is perfect! Good tune up for the game against the Roosters then Finals.

We can sit here all Off-Season and complain about the draw or we can look forward to the games, start to plan and get excited, see it as a challenge that we can overcome in 2023! That's what I'll be doing!! Also, the fact remains that if we're good enough, we're good enough. If we're not, then we're not, it's as simple as that.

Just glad to be able to see it! I'm excited!!